whats your pokemon party

Monkey D. Luffy said:
I hate those types of attacks. If they give statu effects and do nothing else then their as useful as growl and tail whip for me. except for maybe yawn, and attract sometimes
No no no, you don't understand.

Even Tail Whip is semi-useful at the beginning of the game. Moves like Swords Dance are amazing.

One of the reasons why humans play so much better at Pokemon is because we actually know when to use status and stat-up moves.

Every noticed how the strongest computer AIs in Pokemon pretty much only attack you? That's all you could ever be if you just attack, the level of a computer.

Pretty depressing.

Reminds me of how Silcoon/Cascoon AIs usually just spam Harden over and over until it can't go any higher.

Anyways, updating again since I made some alterations to my party again.

Level 35 Monferno
Level 21 Machop
Level 13 Gastly
Level 15 Luxio
Level 19 Roselia
Level 14 Bronzor

Dr. Javelin said:
Monkey D. Luffy said:
I hate those types of attacks. If they give statu effects and do nothing else then their as useful as growl and tail whip for me. except for maybe yawn, and attract sometimes
No no no, you don't understand.

Even Tail Whip is semi-useful at the beginning of the game. Moves like Swords Dance are amazing.

Only when the opponent spams growl or something. Otherwise you just attack. I tend to try and be a lot of levels higher than my opponent and match up the right Pokemon so either one or two hits is all I need to take out a trainers pokemon, and sometimes, gym Pokemon. Of course, I don't randomly attack, I choose the right attack and have a variety of types of attacks for different purposes. I just don't like wasting a turn afflicting status, when I could take them out quickly without it.

So call me a shitty pokemon player if you want. It works great for me, even when I had my Torkoal take on the entire Water Gym in ruby. He took them all out but the last one. Blaziken then took that one out. The only time I almost got horribly beaten in a Fire monotype, was in Johto's Dragon Gym. That was hard, Typhlosion oly barely took out Kingdra.

EDIT: Also, found a cool Pokemon card Generator on upokecenter. Theres also one on Pokecharm i think, its more advanced.

My Pokemon Teams, All of them, in a Pokemon Card Thing

teamgen.php

teamgen.php

teamgen.php

teamgen.php

teamgen.php

teamgen.php

teamgen.php

teamgen.php

teamgen.php

teamgen.php

teamgen.php

Nega-Man said:
Reminds me of how Silcoon/Cascoon AIs usually just spam Harden over and over until it can't go any higher.

Anyways, updating again since I made some alterations to my party again.

Level 35 Monferno
Level 21 Machop
Level 13 Gastly
Level 15 Luxio
Level 19 Roselia
Level 14 Bronzor
Dude, take some time to balance your party. Your Monfernos way overleveled

Nega-Man said:
Updating again.

Level 36 Infernape
Level 22 Machop
Level 14 Gastly
Level 19 Roselia
Level 14 Bronzor
Level 17 Ralts
Like I said, way too unbalanced. Try to level up your weak Pokemon to try to let them be at Infernape's level.

Pyro said:
Ampharos is great. Nice decision.

Miltank? Uh no.

Mamoswine is really good, too. However for your water-type, I reccommend Kingdra.

Unsure about Dodrio.

Miltank's been doing a pretty good job. It OHKOed every Pokemon in the Ecruteak Gym (except for Morty's Gengar) by itself.

Isn't Kingdra only obtainable via trading Seadra (which I can't do)? My biggest concern for my water-type is I'm worried that repeat with Lance's Aerodactyl using Thunder Fang will occur.

Anyway, my updated party:

1. Typhlosion
Swift
Quick Attack (only keeping it to weaken wild Pokemon I want to capture)
Smokescreen
Lava Plume

2. Miltank
Milk Drink
Rollout
Zen Headbutt
Strength

3. Ampharos
Discharge
Charge
Thunder Wave (paralyzing Pokemon I intend to capture)
Headbutt

4. Tentacool
Surf
Acid

Buster Baxter said:
Miltank's been doing a pretty good job. It OHKOed every Pokemon in the Ecruteak Gym (except for Morty's Gengar) by itself.
Guess I underestimated it.

Buster Baxter said:
Isn't Kingdra only obtainable via trading Seadra (which I can't do)? My biggest concern for my water-type is I'm worried that repeat with Lance's Aerodactyl using Thunder Fang will occur.
Yes, you have to trade holding a Dragon Scale. If you can't trade, that's fine; there's plenty more water types to use. Let me check on Bulbapedia for a good one.

EDIT: You could use Slowbro or Poliwrath.

Let me try to remember.

Emerald:
Gardevoir Level 50 (if you didnt already know)
Swampert Level 53
Rayquaza Level 74 (Traded to White, leveled up to 100)
Skakmory Level 46
Raichu Level 45
-Kirila Level 23 (for the contests)

White (i had more free time for this):

Gardevoir Level 100 (Shiny :) )
Gallade Level 100
Samurot Level 100
Rayquaza Level 100
Carracosta Level 100
Zekrom Level 100

Gardevoir said:
Gardevoir Level 100 (Shiny :) )
Gallade Level 100
Samurot Level 100
Rayquaza Level 100
Carracosta Level 100
Zekrom Level 100
Shiny Gardevoir - want

Gardevoir - decent, but there are better Psychic types out there, Espeon and Reuniclus to name a few.
Gallade - I've used Gallade to good effect before, but you might want to drop Gardevoir and replace it (I hate to replace a shiny, but still) with a non-Psychic type because having two is not a good idea.
Samurott - not bad, but there are better Water-types out there. Gyarados? Starmie?
Carracosta - Pick him or Samurott, because having two Pokemon weak to Electric and Grass is not a good idea. That said, Carracosta is great if you abuse the overpowered move Shell Smash.

not rating the legendaries because obviously they're powerful

I've been training toward the goal of having my SoulSilver team all level 100. So far I only have two ;_; but Gyarados is level 99 and more than halfway to a level up. The others are levels 94-97.

Hey guys, I was thinking of doing a Water monotype on my Spanish Sapphire. What do you think about this team?

• Mudkip -> Marshtomp -> Swampert
  • Lotad -> Lombre -> Ludicolo
  • Tentacool -> Tentacruel
  • Staryu -> Starmie
  • Chinchou -> Lanturn

If water monotyping is your thing, then go ahead. Those are all decent to pretty awesome Pokemon.

The best one: STARMIE

Also, you might want to put a Gyarados on there in place of Tentacruel, Ludicolo, or Lanturn, cause you'll want a physical attacker since the rest are all special.

Severus Snape said:
Hey guys, I was thinking of doing a Water monotype on my Spanish Sapphire. What do you think about this team?

• Mudkip -> Marshtomp -> Swampert
  • Lotad -> Lombre -> Ludicolo
  • Tentacool -> Tentacruel
  • Staryu -> Starmie
  • Chinchou -> Lanturn

Sweet, I'm doing fire monotypes. I've taken a bit of a break though.

I'm gonna try a grass mono-type in Emerald. I've got a Treecko right now. What should I get next?

More grass types I guess. When I went on a monotype loving spree I made teams for each type and region. So I'm prepared for what i need. I should probably get back to playing them. I finished the FireRed and HeartGold ones and I'm at the elite four in ruby. But i couldn't be bothered playing after that.

So now I'm going through each one. So White's first gym, then platinums first gym, then heartgolds first and second gyms, FireReds first, rubys first then some Pokemon XD. I'm up to third gyms so far.

Back