whats your pokemon party

Dr. Javelin said:
Yeah, he's pretty great right now.

I'm not sure whether to delete Electro Ball for Thunderbolt, I know Thunderbolt is better but Electro Ball is one of a kind, if you know what I mean.

The only downside is that he's Hardy nature, which is alright but not as great as Timid or Modest.

It can't learn that, right? Given Mewtwo's reputation, I can understand the choice of nature, not that it particularly matters to me (since I can't use it yet and doubt that it'll be a mainstay on my team).

No, it can't learn Electro Ball naturally, but this special Mewtwo came with it. Which is why I'm reluctant to take it away.

My friend came through, and got me the Mewtwo! So powerful and awesome, it is! My one has a Timid nature and 'Hates to lose'. Is that good? I sort of don't plan on removing any of its current moves. Instead I'll use PP Ups to max out all the PP.

> Asking if Timid nature is a good thing

Timid nature is one of the best natures out there. The best four are usually Timid, Modest, Jolly, and Adamant. Timid nature ups Speed and lowers Attack, so it's good for Sp. Attackers like Mewtwo. Modest lowers Attack and ups Sp. Atk, Jolly lowers Sp. Atk and ups Speed, and Adamant lowers Sp. Atk and ups Attack.

They're the most commonly good natures, each is more useful in certain circumstances on certain Pokemon and movesets. For example, Volcarona usually wants a Modest nature because Quiver Dance ups its Speed, but on some sets a Timid nature is more useful.

Timid is good on special attackers, not physical attackers.

Make sure you don't get that mixed up, because Timid would hurt physical attackers since it lowers their Attack.

Dr. Javelin said:

Timid nature is one of the best natures out there. The best four are usually Timid, Modest, Jolly, and Adamant. Timid nature ups Speed and lowers Attack, so it's good for Sp. Attackers like Mewtwo. Modest lowers Attack and ups Sp. Atk, Jolly lowers Sp. Atk and ups Speed, and Adamant lowers Sp. Atk and ups Attack.

They're the most commonly good natures, each is more useful in certain circumstances on certain Pokemon and movesets. For example, Volcarona usually wants a Modest nature because Quiver Dance ups its Speed, but on some sets a Timid nature is more useful.
Ah, cool. So if I could bother to try EV training properly, I wouldn't need to worry about Speed and Sp. Atk, unless I wanted those maxed out quicker. But I was asking more about to 'Hates to lose', since I'm sure I read on Bulbapedia or Serebii that that part does influence something.

Dr. Javelin said:
Timid is good on special attackers, not physical attackers.

Make sure you don't get that mixed up, because Timid would hurt physical attackers since it lowers their Attack.
Eep.

Conkeldurr has Timid.

Oh well Conkeldurr has been on my team since the beginning of time, so it must have 252+ Attack EVs, so timid doesn't really effect anything to me.

Bec Noir said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Ah, cool. So if I could bother to try EV training properly, I wouldn't need to worry about Speed and Sp. Atk, unless I wanted those maxed out quicker. But I was asking more about to 'Hates to lose', since I'm sure I read on Bulbapedia or Serebii that that part does influence something.
Actually, it does. It has something to do with the IV spread of your Pokemon...I've never bothered to research IVs because it seemed like too much work, though.

The most I do for IVs is to talk to the guy in the Battle Subway and make sure that the spread is good. Bulbapedia is pretty helpful on the topic, if you want to learn.

My Yellow team:

Tackle
BubbleBeam
Bubble
Water Gun
Scratch
Growl
Ember
Leer
Scratch
Slash
Dig
Cut
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack
Double Team
Thunder Wave
Gust
Sand-Attack
Quick Attack
Whirlwind

Yeah, probably.

I tend to try nickname my Pokemon with some sort of element or cool name in mind

My style of nick naming:
Typhlosion: Blaze
Charizard: Flame
Torterra: Oak
Serperior: Leaf
Sceptile: Whirl-Wind
Sandslash: Dust-Storm
Rapidash: Jet
Giratina: Dusk
Feraligatr: Tidal Wave
Lugia: Tsunami

So first I think of an attribute (Fire, Water, Speed, Slow) then come up with a name off that. As seen with the fire names, they're all different names for a fire.

I used to name all of my Pokemon, and they all had crummy names like Buggy.

Now I only name the ones I use in battle, which allows me time to think up awesome names.

Blastoise - Patton
Hitmonlee - Chuck (Not enough room for Norris, unfortunately)
Aerodactyl - Menace
Jolteon - Felix
Escavalier - Quixote (I always yell at him to stop tilting at windmills when his Megahorn misses)
Hydreigon - Vengeance
Chandelure - Specter
Zekrom - Red Eyes (Called the obvious Yu-Gi-Oh reference)
Terrakion - Balizarde
Thundurus - Zeus
Ferrothorn - Palisade
Golurk - Kriptor
Volcarona - Vesuvius
Jellicent - Julius
Vanilluxe - Domingo (you have to think a bit on this one)

Good names, no? : )

Their pretty good. I also named my amphoros in HeartGold, Zeus. And in my newer run of HeartGold I named them after YouTube people called the Creatures.

Feraligatr: SSoHPKC
Amphoros: ParagoNova

But I haven't played it since the third gym I did.

I usually name my Pokemon by what they are based off of or named for.

Like:
Hitmonlee = Bruce (as in Bruce Lee)
Hitmonchan = Jackie (as in Jackie Chan)

Or sometimes I give them the Japanese names. Because I happen to like Lizardon way better than Charizard.

Back