Next SSB should be on 3DS!

Nathan Fielder

Business Expert
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
Smash Bros. would be perfect for the 3DS. Just imagine final Smashes flying out of the screen, and characters flying out of it too when they've been KO'd. Also 3D Home Run Contest and Target Smash, not to mention the camera possibilities. Imagine a non-perverted :dk: punching someone and them flying at you!

I don't, SSB is meant for a console. How would the two screens work? And I don't think a handheld could handle that much data and everything. SSB was a HUGE game. It took up so many blocks. The DS couldn't handle it.

Per Villain11

And shouldn't this thread be locked up or merged to the already existing thread talking about an SSB for the handheld?

Villain11 said:
I don't, SSB is meant for a console. How would the two screens work? And I don't think a handheld could handle that much data and everything. SSB was a HUGE game. It took up so many blocks. The DS couldn't handle it.

Super Smash Bros. can work in a handheld. It would be nice playing Super Smash Bros. in the waiting room or something.

They'd find a way for two screens. They could use the top screen for the battle and the bottom screen for whatever they like, such as the percentages/stock/score. In the original versions, especially Brawl, those were sometimes in the way.

Yes, a handheld can handle THAT much data. The 3DS is more powerful than the Nintendo 64.

But the N64 one is outdated. Brawl is the new standard for Smash Bros games, and a handheld just wouldn't stand up to it.

Have you been paying attention? The last few posts have been about how you can't fit Brawl into a handheld cartridge.

They'll probably figure it out to fit SSB on a 3DS. I've heard it has the same level of power of a PS3, don't quote me.

But first, we need a developer for the Super Smash Bros series

I don't know... the only people at nintendo i know are Jeremiah Slacksta (or whatever his name is) and Shiguru Miyamoto

Sakurai (the developer of the SSB series) quit and it sucks

Okay, lemme say this:

DS Cartridge = Very, very Small. The most it can probably do is be able to recreate the original, but that's about it. nly like 12 characters, 10 stages, and no trophies.

Wii Disk = Huge. It can store a lot of data and, obviosuly, has more than both the other two Smash games combined.

I know, but we're talking about 3DS here, not DS

Fassad said:
Well, yeah, but the 3DS cartridge is probably not going to be that much different.

Actually, the graphics of the 3DS are about as powerful as a GCN and I heard it's going to wield as much power as a PS3, says Kojima

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=129495

C.C. said:
Per Villain11

And shouldn't this thread be locked up or merged to the already existing thread talking about an SSB for the handheld?
No, because that's talking about the regular DS, this is for the 3DS.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I heard it's going to wield as much power as a PS3, says Kojima
1) No. It won't.
2) Even if it did then they wouldn't be able to fit more. The system's power has nothing to do with how much it's cartridge/disc can hold.

Why does the next game HAVE to succeed Brawl? If it's on a handheld, then I won't care if it's only Melee-quality.

MrConcreteDonkey said:
C.C. said:
Per Villain11

No, because that's talking about the regular DS, this is for the 3DS.

Nice loophole!

Every time you Ko somebody, they`d fly at the screen!

Villain11 said:
WaluigiWare said:
Why does the next game HAVE to succeed Brawl? If it's on a handheld, then I won't care if it's only Melee-quality.
Why would you want a sequel that's worse?
'Cause as long as it's a good game, I don't care a single bit about how good it is compared to its predecessor.

Back