"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Gamefreak75
Not sure if there is a topic on this...

Anyways, what is your favorite and least favorite stage of the three current games and why?

I like final destination (melee) due to the simplicity, and I added (melee) because that one had the best design of the 3.
I dont like Mario Bros. because it makes it a little more difficult to avoid attacks and only allows you to knock people out sideways, lowering the KO count. my personal style causes most of my KOs to be straight up or at an upward angle, and most of my fall outs to be off the bottom or side.

Favorite: Hyrule Castle. Gotta love the tornadoes.

Least Favorite: Mario Bros. Really hard to kill people and the enemies are overpowered.

Favorite: Temple (Melee), Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Least Favorite: 75m (Brawl), Hanenbow (Brawl)

Melee had better stages.

Yeah, Melee had uber-great stages, and Brawl mostly brought back the worst and least memorable ones. LAME.

What about Super Smash Bros? I think that game had the best stages.

Saffron City, Hyrule Castle, and Mushroom Kingdom (going through pipes FTW), plus no boring stages IMO or overly cheap stage obstacles *glares at Spear Pillar*

Fassad said:
It takes skill to battle on Spear Pillar. Why is everyone hating?

Yes, it does take skill, but when you're in the middle of a fight with an opponent, you don't want to take a couple of minutes off to avoid Cresseila's toenail clippings. You want to FIGHT. Reverse controls also suck. Sure, I'm not a competitive gamer, but I like to see my opponent suffer from my own attacks. Besides, Cresseila's toe clipping OHKO's most of the time. Palkia sucks too; I hate it when it flips the stage or reverses the controls.

It's also annoying to battle there if you're battling for the heck of it since Pokemon will activate Smart Bombs or Blast Boxes you did not touch!

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Fassad said:

Yes, it does take skill, but when you're in the middle of a fight with an opponent, you don't want to take a couple of minutes off to avoid Cresseila's toenail clippings. You want to FIGHT. Reverse controls also suck. Sure, I'm not a competitive gamer, but I like to see my opponent suffer from my own attacks. Besides, Cresseila's toe clipping OHKO's most of the time. Palkia sucks too; I hate it when it flips the stage or reverses the controls.

It's also annoying to battle there if you're battling for the heck of it since Pokemon will activate Smart Bombs or Blast Boxes you did not touch!
Yeah, I know, but the key is to make your opponent get hit by the attacks. I know some like Palkia's reverse controls and the stage flipping affects everyone, but this can be quite advantageous if you know the tricks and how the controls work.

Fassad said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Fassad said:

Yeah, I know, but the key is to make your opponent get hit by the attacks. I know some like Palkia's reverse controls and the stage flipping affects everyone, but this can be quite advantageous if you know the tricks and how the controls work.

Sigh, but I don't It's really tough to adjust to reverse and that you only play on this stage a few times.

Plus, it's annoying to defeat unlocked characters on this stage.

Favorite: Warioware Inc.

I love how the stage changes!

Least favorite: Porky's City. (or whatever it's called.)

TOO BIG!

unit4545 said:

TOO BIG!

New Pork City

Do you also hate Hyrule Temple? It's large too.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Fassad said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Fassad said:

Sigh, but I don't It's really tough to adjust to reverse and that you only play on this stage a few times.

Plus, it's annoying to defeat unlocked characters on this stage.
Well Spear Pillar is by far my favorite stage. Of course people will dislike.

I personally despise 75m, Mario Bros, and Hanenbow and I wonder what Nintendo was smoking when they included those horrible, horrible stages.

unit4545 said:

TOO BIG!
:mad:

That was another one of my favorite stages and it had some of the best music (Smashing Song of Praise, Snowman, Mother 3 Love Theme)

I thought it felt like there was a lot of empty space in New Pork City. But the music there is a nice piece. It was also very annoying there to kill Team Ness/Lucas in Classic Mode. I like that Chimera or whatever that pink thing's named; it always help me kill COMmies.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
unit4545 said:

TOO BIG!

New Pork City

Meh. at least it's possible to KO somebody without needed 200 damage!

I also like Mario Bros!

unit4545 said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
unit4545 said:

TOO BIG!

New Pork City

An exception is that Chamber of Life in the bottom part of the stage LOL. You might be needing 600 percent to kill people there! Or even more than that!

unit4545 said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
unit4545 said:

TOO BIG!

New Pork City

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I like that Chimera or whatever that pink thing's named
It's called the Ultimate Chimera.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I like that Chimera or whatever that pink thing's named
It's called the Ultimate Chimera.
[/quote]

Well at least I got the species name right. It's a loooonng time since the last time I played Brawl

Super Smash Bros. had pretty neat stages.

A lot of Melee's stages are fun. It's nice to see me, Mario, get ^600% in Hyrule Temple just because of that Chamber of Life. People probably hate Hyrule Temple for camping, but I usually play against dumb computers.

Some of Brawl's stages were nice. I hated Spear Pillar just because of the stage hazards. Dialga was fine, but the other two were annoying.

Not all stage hazards are bad. I love the bullet bills in Princess Peach's castle. The tornadoes were funny in Hyrule Castle. The pokemon in Saffron City were pretty fun too. The yellow plasma lava in Planet Zebes wasn't annoying. But I hated the fish in that iceberg stage, the Game & Watches in the Brawl stage, Mario Bros. enemies, and the pokemon in SPEAR PILLAR! WarioWare is funny, but sometimes it offers unfair advantages. Lord Bulbo was fine. I didn't like scrolling levels, though.

I like the Super Mario World stage in Melee. Why? Because in giant Melee, the computer Captain Falcon is so stupid, I can win a match without touching while he gets -100 points. He keeps on KILLING HIMSELF! CPUs in Brawl don't do those.

WarioWare was unfair because you could complete the event, but nothing happens to you while the other players become invincible or huge!

Great Bridge of Eldin is my favorite. SSBB Final destination is my least favorite.

I hate New Pork City. That place is too huge.

Spear Pillar is fun when Dialga is the Poké, but not when it's Palkia or Cresselia.

Back