Should there be a Super Mario Galaxy 3?

Should there be a Super Mario Galaxy 3?

• Yes, and I want it to be completely fresh.

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Yes, and I wouldn't mind if it's too similar to the other games.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • No, they're milking Galaxy too much.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • No, I think Galaxy 2 was the perfect capper.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I don't care, tbh.

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

WaluigiWare

I'M NOT A PIMP!
Simple question. Do you guys want to see a SMG3 or not?

I don't care if they make another Super Mario Galaxy or another Super Mario Sunshine as long as they make it well.

I wouldn't mind too much, as long as the story doesn't lead to major confusion. It would also be amusing if SMG 3 was actually a Yoshi series title, similar to how Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 was actually a Wario series title.

Yes, I hope Luigi is playable from the start, Yoshi is involved, and so is Rosalina.

Like, for certain levels, you need Mario, and for other levels you need Luigi's high jumps or Yoshi's tongue, or Rosalina's magic. Something like that.

Villain11 said:
Yes, I hope Luigi is playable from the start, Yoshi is involved, and so is Rosalina.

Like, for certain levels, you need Mario, and for other levels you need Luigi's high jumps or Yoshi's tongue, or Rosalina's magic. Something like that.
So, a Super Mario 64 DS-style sequel, then?

I'd love a galaxy 3! I think the world' pretty much established that Nintendo can't come up with another mario storyling other than kidnapping Peach so I don't expect much out of the storyline. What I like most about the SMG series is the creativity of the galaxies and how they make the different challenges. Plus I love how they make new bosses for each game :D

I just hope if Nintendo does another Galaxy, they make it more like the first one. I liked Galaxy 2, but the lack of exploration on the planets kinda turned my interest off.

Galaxy had a better story and was more dramatic. Galaxy 2 had better gameplay and was more fun. Galaxy 3 would need to have a good story and good gameplay.

For me, what really made the first Galaxy was the vastness of the galaxies. The galaxies in Galaxy 2 wer generally short and all the missions were basically on the same planets while in the original, you usually traveled to different planets depending on the mission.

drseaweed said:
Galaxy 2 [...] was more fun.
Both galaxies were fun, I don't know what you're talking about.

One of my problems with Galaxy 2 was you really did not get to explore the planets that much. You could do a lot more exploring in Galaxy 1. Plus Galaxy 2's story was awful. But both of them were still epic. Galaxy 3 would be awsome, but it would probally take a few years to make and by the time it was done the Wii will be gone or almost gone. If they are going to make a Galaxy 3 it would need to be done by 2012.

drseaweed said:
One of my problems with Galaxy 2 was you really did not get to explore the planets that much. You could do a lot more exploring in Galaxy 1. Plus Galaxy 2's story was awful. But both of them were still epic. Galaxy 3 would be awsome, but it would probally take a few years to make and by the time it was done the Wii will be gone or almost gone. If they are going to make a Galaxy 3 it would need to be done by 2012.
It was the same as Galaxy without Rosalina's storybook.

I will tell you this much...

Rosalina AND Yoshi should be given major roles if SMG 3 does come into play.

Well, Miyamoto did say that he didn't give a crap about the story in Galaxy 2, so I was kinda expecting the story to be pretty lackluster. The whole "Galaxy 1 didn't happen" thing is still pretty stupid, though.

Besides, a game doesn't need a good story to be a good game.

Have you noticed that like every time they spin off a new title it becomes its own series? Super Mario Bros. has stayed with the Mario series but they created Super Mario World and...Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Yoshi series). Super Mario Land and...Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins (Wario series). Maybe it'll be Super Mario Galaxy 3: Bowser Strikes Back and spawn a Bowser series :D:D:D

Marioguy1 said:
Have you noticed that like every time they spin off a new title it becomes its own series? Super Mario Bros. has stayed with the Mario series but they created Super Mario World and...Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Yoshi series). Super Mario Land and...Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins (Wario series). Maybe it'll be Super Mario Galaxy 3: Bowser Strikes Back and spawn a Bowser series :D:D:D

I don't know... Bowser may have played as an anti-hero, but his anti-hero status wouldn't work well with the Galaxy series, unless a bigger threat happens to threaten the universe.

Villain11 said:
drseaweed said:
Its a Mario game. What were you expecting, Shakespeare?

Anyways, no. Its time for something different.

Sure, but this time, refer back the first two, so it can actually feel like a sequel and so that they can try to make sense of the whole thing instead of leaving it up to the fans to fill in the holes.

And I see no reason why it shouldn't be like the first two, that's why they're awesome, but I'd like them to try a little harder with the story.

Yeah, yeah, "Mario shouldn't bother with story, Mario stories almost always suck, blah blah", WHATEVER! I DON'T CARE! I'd prefer to have SOME kind of story or reason why Mario's in outer space, OTHER than Bowser's kidnapped Peach. Instead of celebrating the Star Festival again, how about giving some additional reasons to travel through space. Maybe add some more new character, or some returning characters to help advance the plot.

To me, some story is better than no story. Because video games are a medium that can tell stories in ways book and TV shows can't. I'd like to see one of the oldest players in the biz to show off what story-telling in video games can do, in ADDITION to making damn good games. Is that too much to ask? (don't answer that. :mad: )

Even some of the older games had story. Granted you had to read the manual to find out most of the story, but it was still there. I'd like to see Nintendo try a little harder in that department. I think with a mega-franchise like Mario and with all the money they've already made off his latest games, they can afford to take some risks.

Smashgoom202 said:
Sure, but this time, refer back the first two, so it can actually feel like a sequel and so that they can try to make sense of the whole thing instead of leaving it up to the fans to fill in the holes.

And I see no reason why it shouldn't be like the first two, that's why they're awesome, but I'd like them to try a little harder with the story.

Yeah, yeah, "Mario shouldn't bother with story, Mario stories almost always suck, blah blah", WHATEVER! I DON'T CARE! I'd prefer to have SOME kind of story or reason why Mario's in outer space, OTHER than Bowser's kidnapped Peach. Instead of celebrating the Star Festival again, how about giving some additional reasons to travel through space. Maybe add some more new character, or some returning characters to help advance the plot.

To me, some story is better than no story. Because video games are a medium that can tell stories in ways book and TV shows can't. I'd like to see one of the oldest players in the biz to show off what story-telling in video games can do, in ADDITION to making damn good games. Is that too much to ask? (don't answer that. :mad: )

Even some of the older games had story. Granted you had to read the manual to find out most of the story, but it was still there. I'd like to see Nintendo try a little harder in that department. I think with a mega-franchise like Mario and with all the money they've already made off his latest games, they can afford to take some risks.
<3

If Super Mario Galaxy 3 would ever see the light of day, I would like to have Mario travel to the other Galaxies in order to investigate what Bowser has been up to recently. I would also like to see the bubble stages from the original Galaxy to be featured in this game. That was something that Galaxy 3 lacked.

Back