Paper Mario 3DS party members

Lindsay151

Cheep Cheep
Wiki Administrator
Beside chain chomp, what other new Characters should be on Mario's team in Paper Mario 3DS and why?

I know there's going to end up being Goomba and Koopa Troopa party members, no doubt. It's a Paper Mario tradition; it's happened in all of them so far (excluding Super Paper Mario, of course, since that one didn't have turn-based battles). Since Paper Mario 3DS (or Paper Mario 4, as I like to call it) is returning to the series' roots, I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be any Goomba and Koopa Troopa party members.

Krazy Monkey said:
I know there's going to end up being Goomba and Koopa Troopa party members, no doubt. It's a Paper Mario tradition; it's happened in all of them so far (excluding Super Paper Mario, of course, since that one didn't have turn-based battles). Since Paper Mario 3DS (or Paper Mario 4, as I like to call it) is returning to the series' roots, I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be any Goomba and Koopa Troopa party members.
Using that logic, they'd probably put a Bob-omb partner in the new game, too.

Aside from the expected Goomba/Koopa members, I'd like to see something out there...

Like a Pianta party member! Or a Bomb Boo one! Or maybe even a BROOZER!

Others I'd like to see include Bumpty, Blooper, Bullet Bill, Rockey Wrench, Podoboo (I've seen a fan comic about a female Podoboo falling in love with Mario, much to Mario's horror :P ), Monty Mole, Huckit Crab (it could happen!), Fuzzy, Whittle, or maybe just another original character like Flurrie...

..Except without the boobs.

Stooben said:
Krazy Monkey said:
Using that logic, they'd probably put a Bob-omb partner in the new game, too.
Yeah, that, too. I forgot to mention them.

Smashgoom202 said:
Aside from the expected Goomba/Koopa members, I'd like to see something out there...

Like a Pianta party member! Or a Bomb Boo one! Or maybe even a BROOZER!

Others I'd like to see include Bumpty, Blooper, Bullet Bill, Rockey Wrench, Podoboo (I've seen a fan comic about a female Podoboo falling in love with Mario, much to Mario's horror :P ), Monty Mole, Huckit Crab (it could happen!), Fuzzy, Whittle, or maybe just another original character like Flurrie...

I can live with b00bz, I just want her to be younger and thinner

other partners maybe a podoboo or spiny, maybe a bowser species guy

^ That is, unless he or she ends up getting treated like crap, much like Vivian in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

Hammer Bro. could be a good one as well. He can throw hammers to attack enemies or hit switches that are too high for Mario to reach.

Nintendo probably won't add very many new characters. They'll probably just make some new boards, create some wacky new item type and re-use old characters. They may bring in two unlockable character (preferably I'd like Boo and Rosalina). They may (heaven forbid) make a new host character for the game though...but in the way of new characters, I only want to see seven koopa children even though I probably won't...

I'd also like to see Koopa Kid make a comeback...

I would really like to see a Magikoopa as a partner, but I doubt that'd ever happen.

Killer Axe said:
I want to see a Shy Guy party member. That would be awesome.
Fawfulfury65 said:
Hammer Bro. could be a good one as well. He can throw hammers to attack enemies or hit switches that are too high for Mario to reach.
Stooben said:
I would really like to see a Magikoopa as a partner, but I doubt that'd ever happen.
Yes, yes and yes!

Smashgoom202 said:
But they were her best feature. D:

Krazy Monkey said:
^ That is, unless he or she ends up getting treated like crap, much like Vivian in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
I don't see that happening. Koopa Kids in the Mario Party games get abused all the times, yet they still suck up to Bowser. Besides, I doubt they could pull off what Vivian's character did.

With Vivian, I felt sympathetic to her because nothing she did was her fault, and that deep down, she's a genuinely nice person. I can't really see that in a Koopa Kid, or some sort of mini-Bowser character. I see them as the sort of character that likes being mean and is only abused because of their incompetence.

Smashgoom202 said:
maybe just another original character like Flurrie...

Boobs were the only good thing about Flurrie. Her attacks were tough to use and most of them sucked.

So... No one else was freaked out by Flurrie?

It's like my opinions of Mario are the exact opposite of the general opinions of this board.

I was too busy laughing at her when I first played the game.

As was said earlier in the topic:

Shyguy, Magikoopa, and Hammer Bro. partners are great ideas.

Seeing as we have a new Chain Chomp partner (?), it seems that Nintendo might be going for new things in this game.

Back