Kirby's Epic Yarn

I like the boxart too. Its's 1000000 million times better than Mario Kart Wii's and I like it more than Super Mario Galaxy 2's. Just love the realistic-looking textile thingies. If only they will color the spine and make the instruction booklet detailed.

Plus, wasn't Kirby 64 the latest main Kirby game on a console? This game is gonna be a blast.

I like the boxart; it's very colorful and cute :)

The only minor thing I wish Nintendo can do is make those Wii borders pink instead of white, like how they made New Super Mario Bros.'s red.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Plus, wasn't Kirby 64 the latest main Kirby game on a console? This game is gonna be a blast.
Yes and hell yes!

LeftyGreenMario said:
The only minor thing I wish Nintendo can do is make those Wii borders pink instead of white, like how they made New Super Mario Bros.'s red.
That would be a fantastic idea.

Apparently, it won the Best Graphics award from GameTrailers, beating out notable contenders like Crysis 2, Killzone 3, and Gears of War 3

It deserved the Graphics award. I think it looks spectacular

wsbm said:
Apparently, it won the Best Graphics award from GameTrailers, beating out notable contenders like Crysis 2, Killzone 3, and Gears of War 3

All those games have numbers greater than 1. -_-

Again, Realistic =/= Good graphics.

The game deserved it.

I consider Kirby's Yarn to be very realistic too. Just look at the texture of the characters, the scenery, and other misc. stuff.

Quote from nintendo power:

"Saying this game is unique is an understatement. Nothing in gaming is like this"

I don't know the quote exactly tough, and i ad-libbed a little.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I consider Kirby's Yarn to be very realistic too. Just look at the texture of the characters, the scenery, and other misc. stuff.
This is what I am trying to convince people about.

unit4545 said:
"Saying this game is unique is an understatement. Nothing in gaming is like this"
That's about right, but I am too lazy to go get the magazine.

I have the magazine, but I am too lazy to get it from my sister's room.

When I mean realistic, I'm talking about Call of Duty, Bioshock, gritty worlds, most FPS games, etc.

You can't get more realistic with yarn, though.

LeftyGreenMario said:
When I mean realistic, I'm talking about Call of Duty, Bioshock, gritty worlds, most FPS games, etc.

You can't get more realistic with yarn, though.
So true...
Fassad said:
I have the magazine, but I am too lazy to get it from my sister's room.
That's just sad...

Okay, full story plot revealed. Spoilers ahead (including the main villain's name)

A sorcerer named Yin-Yarn is running amok in Dream Land, turning everything, citizens included, into yarn, drawing the attention of Dream Land's hero, Kirby. When Kirby encounters this sorcerer, he attempts to eat what is described as a "tomato-esque fruit" from the top of Yin-Yarn's head, angering the latter and causing him to suck Kirby into a sock around his neck, inside of which is a world called Patch Land. Upon entering Patch Land, Kirby encounters Prince Fluff, who is being chased by a monster. When Kirby attempts to suck up the monster, he finds that the air goes right through his body in Patch Land, forcing him to come up with a different strategy - he transforms into a car and escapes with Prince Fluff.

Later on, once Kirby has gotten a better handle on his new body's abilities, a monster tries to eat Prince Fluff. Kirby defeats the monster and obtains a piece of yarn that allows him to stitch the world back together. As it turns out, Yin-Yarn split Patch Land into seven parts, and so Kirby and Prince Fluff set out to retrieve the 7 magic pieces of yarn that will help them put the whole world back together.

Cause of the whole yarn thing? it would be awkward to see enemies in your digestive tract, since you can see through kirby.

Junior Troopa said:
Cause of the whole yarn thing? it would be awkward to see enemies in your digestive tract, since you can see through kirby.
The T/M-rated version of Kirby's Epic Yarn. :P

Whoever now still doesn't want it really needs to be looked at.

Back