Donkey Kong Country Returns

Actually the username of the member that wrote that part about Funky Kong and the poll in Nintendo Power is "dodoman" so if anybody knows him please tell him to scan the relevant page or something.

This game is very challenging, but very cool. Brings my right back to the good old days of the original Donkey kong country. Still havn't beaten it, still on world 4. Been kinda busy playing xbox.

I'm getting this for Christmas. I actually got it the day it came out for $70 ($30 cheaper than EBgames) in K-Mart. From what I've seen... Well, the whole game (Damn you humourous Walkthroughs!), It looks extremely good and challenging.

Got this game yesterday, and have made it to World 3 right now. Took my time getting the puzzle pieces and KONG letters for the first two worlds. On a side note, I've been playing the game with the Wii Remote all by itself; Wii Remote is held sideways.

Currently at 170%. I 'll play 6-K (perilous passage) tomorrow on Mirror Mode, it's gonna be very frustrating :mad: :mad: :mad:. It's definitely the hardest level in the game.

World 2 boss was easy.

In fact, the boss I had the most trouble with (I'm currently at 5-1 btw) was World 1.

Flubber said:
Stucked to world 2 boss.

Britain said:
World 2 boss was easy.

In fact, the boss I had the most trouble with (I'm currently at 5-1 btw) was World 1.

I was a bit confused as to how to defeat the World 2 boss, until the Tutorial Pig popped up to give me a hint. The World 1 boss's behavior, at first, did mess me up a bit, but I never lost any lives by any means.

I think Thugly is the hardest, and also that creepy world 5 boss because I can never jump on it before time runs out. I think the final boss of this game is easy - once you know all its attacks.

I never got defeated by Mugly. Maybe it's b/c I was so familiar with him before the game's release. He gives a few extra hearts and he waits for a good stomping.

Thugly is also tough, but the toughest is the Chicken and the Stompybot. He can be unpredictable. The final boss is also really tough, especially without Diddy.

I think the world four boss is annoying (I'm on 5-1)
I would turn around to pick up a bomb and then he would throw an axe at me.
I found world 4-4 nerve wracking, but surprisingly easy!

I think the mole train is easy because I can just roll jump over to the train from the mine cart (with Diddy's help) to skip most of the battle. It took me a lot of tries for the Mirror Mode, though.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I think the mole train is easy because I can just roll jump over to the train from the mine cart (with Diddy's help) to skip most of the battle. It took me a lot of tries for the Mirror Mode, though.
Thanks for the tip!

Made it to World 5. World 4-5 gave me some headaches when that giant Squeekly began firing sound waves. Regardless, I got through without using the Super Guide even once.

MnSG said:
World 4-5 gave me some headaches when that giant Squeekly began firing sound waves.
Same for me, that was extremely hard. It's probably the hardest thing I have ever done in a video game.

Britain said:
MnSG said:
World 4-5 gave me some headaches when that giant Squeekly began firing sound waves.
Same for me, that was extremely hard. It's probably the hardest thing I have ever done in a video game.

Oh God that thing ._____.

The Game isn't too hard, if you try to blow all the stuff that can be blown or the hand slam stuff, you can have 100 Banana Coins when you get to World 2 Shack. For the rest of the game, as long as you keep collecting, everytime you get to a shack, you'll have 200 Banana Coins... Well, worked for me. I had 99 Lives by World 3 as well. For Thugly and the Chickenbot, I just got some Banana Juice, it gives you 10 hits of invincibility. I'm at World 8, I haven't even attempted it yet, been playing Epic Mickey too much :P

Made it through World 5 and World 6. World 5-8 was not as hard as it looked, though the biggest challenge was getting the puzzle pieces and KONG letters. Thugly looked to be tough, so I used some Banana Juice during that fight.

Back