Why SPM Sucks

Smashgoom202 said:
Rogueport is a cool place, the town of thieves... Sounds romantic, and adventurous, at the same time! Plus, a freaking Pianta Syndicate!
Yeah but it was no good as a hub. Toad Town was welcoming and friendly. Rogueport felt so hostile.

Why is it bad that it's hostile?

Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Rogueport is a cool place, the town of thieves... Sounds romantic, and adventurous, at the same time! Plus, a freaking Pianta Syndicate!
Yeah but it was no good as a hub. Toad Town was welcoming and friendly. Rogueport felt so hostile.
But the music was better.

A "hub" area should feel like a safe haven, a place where you can relax and plan your adventure accordingly. Rogueport give the vibe that you'd be robbed in your sleep, or you'll be ripped off if you don't check the prices.

Never the less, it was cool. And yeah, the music was better. Then again, a LOT of the music from The Thousand-Year Door was better! I remember it winning the Nintendo Power Award for best soundtrack/music, though the staff preferred Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

Smashgoom202 said:
A "hub" area should feel like a safe haven, a place where you can relax and plan your adventure accordingly. Rogueport give the vibe that you'd be robbed in your sleep, or you'll be ripped off if you don't check the prices.
I was gonna disagree but then again there's Bandits there so maybe.

EDIT: God damnit the server gave me an error and by the time I posted ralphfan had said something about bandits. Now I feel dumb.

Uh, no. I was being completely serious.

Super Paper Mario has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard, period.

LOL, Ralph's post on King Croacus being *insert word here* was removed. :P And Solarblaze is right.

I too beg to differ in regards to the TC. Sure, it's not like the other Paper Mario games, but it still keeps the feel in regards to what the Paper Mario installments have been so popular in the first place.

The only issue I have against the game is how they did the "Music Area" after the game. Seriously, in my opinion, that needed "Super Princess Peach Music Room" treatment. Really. If any one of you are curious in regards to what I'm trying to get at, just send a PM my way.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. "Super Princess Peach's Music Room" was basically a sound test, where you could listen to any song you want, anytime. I wasn't very fond of Super Paper Mario's "Music Area", either, since you would always have to pay ten coins or so for the music to play, and it didn't give you the option of choosing which song you want to hear. It would always play at random. Thankfully, I have MP3s of Super Paper Mario's music.

I agree, stupid Interned or whatever his name was. Luckily, I always saved outside the bar and whenever I ran out, I just reset the game. It gets on my nerves aftera while, because I always get the intermission music and never any of the boss songs. Also, the stupid thing has the nerve to give me the Flipside music when I can go outside of the bar and hear it...>_>

And actually, SPP isn't the only game to have that, the Kirby games all have sound tests and music rooms.

Yokuba said:
Also, the stupid thing has the nerve to give me the Flipside music when I can go outside of the bar and hear it...>_>
This.

And actually, SPP isn't the only game to have that, the Kirby games all have sound tests and music rooms.
The Sonic games on the Genesis have sound tests, too.

The game was fun, not the best Paper Mario game. But it was still fun.

I absolutely hated the Pixls. They all lacked personality and a backstory. All the TTYD partners were interesting.

Also, in SPM, you rapidly have to change Pixls. In TTYD, it is rare that you need a specific partner, which allows you to choose your partner based on your skill when it comes to their attacks.

Back