Why SPM Sucks

Super Paper Mario? It isn't one of my favorite games, but I do like it somewhat. I actually thought it was kind of cool how they combined the RPG and platformer for that game. I mean, the turn-based battle system can get annoying, and platformers as well as RPGs have some cool elements. As for the Pixls... it's true, they were a little bit useless, but I get the feeling Nintendo wanted to put in some little abilities for the main party members to acquire, and Pixls seemed like the best way to do that.
As for the plot, I actually kind of liked it. Sorry to use this word, but it was kind of epic. Seriously, you don't have that kind of backstories and plot twists in most Mario games. And the final boss/ending was cool, in a dramatic way. The original poster might be right about the chapters, though... it didn't have that same feel from Paper Mario 2. And the enemies... it's true, they were wierd.
I think the game has its ups and downs... personally, I like Paper Mario 2 a lot better, but this game has its good spots, too.
And it looks like people have been discussing the music in some of the recent replies, so I'll just say that I thought this game's music was actually really cool.

Oaktown Mojo said:
I absolutely hated the Pixls. They all lacked personality and a backstory. All the TTYD partners were interesting.

Also, in SPM, you rapidly have to change Pixls. In TTYD, it is rare that you need a specific partner, which allows you to choose your partner based on your skill when it comes to their attacks.
That and the fight format.

I'm glad that they didn't the normal RPG style.

The Pit of 100 Trials would have taken FOREVER.

Not really. In Thousand-Year Door, there were these Punies called, "Movers" that'll help you skip a few floors for a price. Unfortunately, there was nothing like that in Super Paper Mario.

There were like 5-9 enemies on an average floor. They cause tons of damage (I think one of them caused like 20 damage if you touch it) and that means you'll need to fight approx. 700 enemies in a 2-minute battle to proceed to the bottom, where you'll need to fight an even tougher boss.>_>

That's take litterally 1500 minutes to just go through one of the trials.

During the first fifty rooms in Thousand-Year Door's Pit of 100 Trials, the enemies that had to be fought were the easier villains from the previous chapters in the game, such as Goombas, Spinias, Spanias, Dull Bones, and other enemies like that. It only takes a few seconds at the most, to defeat them and move on.

There was only one enemy in each room though. In SPM, there are like 5-7 in each room and after you defeat them, earn you star points, and other stuff, you would have went through two minutes of time.

You don't actually have to kill every enemy in the room in Super Paper Mario's Pit of 100 Trials. The quickest and easiest way to get through, is to simply kill the one that has the key, while not paying the others any mind. That's usually what I do, especially if I'm running low on health.

Good point, but for some reason, it's usually one of the first ones I always come across, but maybe that's just me.

Oh jut stop complaining and get over it. It was a decent game. We don't care of you don't like it.

Back