The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

If only the stuff was boring...

It was... torture to say the lesser than least.

This week's menu was:

-A variety of blood stains here and there.
-A selection of wood to carry.
-A bed of rocks recorated with weeds to sleep on.
-A roasted weather for you hot food lovers.
-And a lot... a lot of walking.

Recipe for disaster really, enjoy your meal.

But I am happy to be back and it feels so good. But holding my phone feels like the weirdest thing ever now.

But this camp made me realize how much I love this place. It's great to be bck with you all.

Scout.

It was no casual camp, no sir.

AND the theme was somewhere in the lines of "back to the roots". So... yeah you get the point, I think I got it across. But hey, went out in one piece.

And the Smash Direct happened, so it was worth it.

Welcome back Toadgamer and Koops! I totally understand how that feels, I was in scouts and every time we went camping I'd be very ready to be back home with the A/C by the time it was all over :P

Czario said:
What, you didn't enjoy experiencing Breath of the Wild in real life? :diddy:

Did we slay a giant beast made of Malice, and to do so did we take on giant robot animals?

No?

Did we go through the rest?

Debatable.

But hey, it had ups and downs... it's just that some downs were pretty overwhelming.

Johnny Five said:
Welcome back Toadgamer and Koops! I totally understand how that feels, I was in scouts and every time we went camping I'd be very ready to be back home with the A/C by the time it was all over :P

Thanks man, I still can't believe I'm sitting under the AC right now. Or that I'm holding a phone.

Satisfaction all over I tell you.

The biggest satisfaction to me was the fact that we were relaxing in a cool and not wild place after 9 days. Feels way too good.

Tomorrow I'm going to be leaving for a week for a break from the usual routine of life. With that, while I'll still be checking up on things around here, I probably won't be doing very much. I'll still respond to messages and such, but perhaps not with the usual promptness and thoroughness that I usually like to aim for. If I have a chance this evening, I'd like to try to do a little of the Odyssey Scavenger Hunt and put together my ideas for the "Suggestions for Next Year" thread, but we'll see where I get.

That all said, I'll be fully back in a week and I look quite forward to it. I just wanted to offer an explanation in the off-chance someone would need something during that time and I don't respond very quickly.

I was busy playing Minecraft and school started. I probably won't be as active on the weekdays. I didn't announce my leave since I was busy playing on my 3DS.

For the next week or so starting August 27th I will be increasingly busy each day up until September 4th, as it's my brother's wedding, and I'm part of the events, including the bachelor party. A bunch of family will be here and I'll be forced to entertain them, so my availability may be strained or limited for most of each day. This may or may not interfere with awards stuff, such as tokens and prizes, but with there being a couple tournaments that are delayed it may not be an issue at all.

May you have a good time there.

Hello, just posting here to let you know I'm going on holiday tomorrow until Friday, so I won't be around much. I'm probably going to briefly check in on the wiki daily, and I'll either be back Friday night or Saturday morning, depending on how tired I am. See you all soon!

Edit: Had to come back early, so... I'm back!

This afternoon, I go to visit my uncle's house. I'm staying there until Sunday afternoon, and I don't think I'll have Wi-Fi there.

I am temporarily returning Sunday afternoon before leaving again to the beach. I will have Wi-Fi there, but I may have reduced activity. I'm coming back home Tuesday afternoon.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I looked into going back to school. It's almost a year before I can even start, but I'm looking forward to it. Hoping to start socializing IRL again, take another multimedia class (it was named something different that I forget, but it was pretty similar to multimedia which is the class I learned a lot about Photoshop and Premiere)
This thing came to fruition! I'm starting tomorrow in a Visual Communications class so activity here will drop as I attend Monday-Fridays (with an exception of today since it's Labor Day). I might come on in afternoons and weekends since to my current knowledge all assignments will be during class. But since the Internet is a major distraction to me, I need to be careful about my usage for the time being. So adios for now ;D

Message from Weasel

Hey. Thanks for checking on me. It means a lot.

Long story short, I'm fine but my laptop isn't. It blue screened a few weeks ago and I thought I fixed it. It did it again and I haven't been able to fix it.

I don't know when I'll be back on the forum and chat. Money's tight and laptops are expensive. If you could do me a favor and let the community know, I'd appreciate it. Feel free to text or even call if anyone wants a status update or just to talk. :thumbsup:

I knew I could still find use for my Wii U.

It's basically like I told Anton yesterday. The laptop I've whined about over the past several years is officially done. It blue screened twice in the past couple of weeks and has been slow as hell ever since. Doesn't even start most of the time.

Right now the game plan is to put some cash away every paycheck I get which will go to a new laptop. If I'm going to use it for as much and as long as this one, I want to get my money's worth.

I'll still pop in now and again but won't be completely back until then. Hopefully before Smash comes around so we can get some matches going. ;)

I appreciate the concern and I'll catch you guys later!

I will have to evacuate inland tomorrow, due to Florence, my mother told me that we have to go when I don't want to, but I changed my stance on evacuating. I don't know when I'll be back.

John McCain said:
I will have to evacuate inland tomorrow, due to Florence, my mother told me that we have to go when I don't want to, but I changed my stance on evacuating. I don't know when I'll be back.

Dude, that sounds scary. We just got a ton of rain from the OTHER storm (Morgan I think?). Stay safe.

Moldomré said:
John McCain said:

Dude, that sounds scary. We just got a ton of rain from the OTHER storm (Morgan I think?). Stay safe.

The other storm was Gordon.

yeah so uh im most likely not evacing but there's not going to be power here anyways plus i could actually die so uh dont expect me to see me around these parts for too much longer i guess

regardless its been a blast and i hope to see you guys again after this blows over

Well, I'm back. Thank God Hurricane Florence didn't hit as major hurricane. But I have seen a lot of trees down. I'm not using a generator, while others in my county, Horry County lost power, I didn't. But I came back from Sumter in the centre of the state. I went to my grandparents. Trees fell there too. I'm glad to be back.

Back