The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

Lucina said:
ill be away all new year due to skiing, hopefully i will i wifi
From my experience, skiing is actually pretty tricky and it very easily ends horribly (from all the times people crashed into me it's a miracle I survived unscathed) if you're not careful.

Grim said:
I'm going to Berlin tomorrow. Won't be back until Monday.
Take care, have fun.

Glaceon said:
Lucina said:
From my experience, skiing is actually pretty tricky and it very easily ends horribly (from all the times people crashed into me it's a miracle I survived unscathed) if you're not careful.
I love skiing! I used to fall down a lot, but after the first couple of times it wasn't so bad.

Also, have fun Yoshi876.

Vaporeon said:
Glaceon said:
Lucina said:
I love skiing! I used to fall down a lot, but after the first couple of times it wasn't so bad.
It wasn't necessarily that I kept falling down, it's more so how other people kept crashing into me. It's like they were trying to kill me, it was so rude.

While I prefer snowboarding anyway, skiing might be more enjoyable once you get the sticks (we didn't when I went).

Glaceon said:
Vaporeon said:
Glaceon said:
Lucina said:
It wasn't necessarily that I kept falling down, it's more so how other people kept crashing into me. It's like they were trying to kill me, it was so rude.

While I prefer snowboarding anyway, skiing might be more enjoyable once you get the sticks (we didn't when I went).
I hate the sticks. I can't use them and crash more when I use them, but eh.

Glaceon said:

people were likely crashing into you because you were going slow or sitting still in the middle of a high-traffic zone

when you're moving down the slope at high speed and someone's going super slowly in the middle of the path, it gets hard to avoid crashing into them

Javelin said:
Glaceon said:

people were likely crashing into you because you were going slow or sitting still in the middle of a high-traffic zone
No, it was when I was at the bottom so I couldn't have been going slow. Plus I hate going slow anyway, so eh.

I kept moving out of the way of incoming skiers, but right before they reach the bottom they keep swerving towards me (likely because they're still inexperienced but wow) suddenly while I'm getting out of the way and I have very little reaction time to work with.

I have returned from Berlin. Apart from the cold, it was 100% awesome, I'd recommend going. Will post pics when I can be bothered to do so.

Welcome back. :luigi:

Get this man a Santa hat immediately.

Grim said:
I have returned from Berlin. Apart from the cold, it was 100% awesome, I'd recommend going. Will post pics when I can be bothered to do so.

Yeah I recommend coming to Germany unless you have a problem with overly complicated languages.

my internet's been fluffing around the last few days so I'm probably going to be less inactive and there's the fear it's just gonna die in which case i'll be gone

I'm back? maybe? I really am unsure how active I can be

I don't know, honestly I'm kind of considering leaving this place for good... I just don't have time for anything. Busy with school and whatnot.

Zinc Lablanc II said:
The fuck? Do they seriously force people to do that? No choice whatsoever? That's major bullshit.
there are several countries around that still use conscription, notably switzerland and israel

be glad you live in a country where it's not necessary because there are enough volunteers

Back