The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

Claus said:
I hate to do this, but I think I've been needing this for a long time, especially of recent times.

I am going to leave. Just for a little bit (maybe just over a week or so; shouldn't be more than 2 weeks). I'm doing this because I need to get some things re-prioritied in my life and a lot of conflict going on inside of me from rl events that I just need a break from. Like, I'm not just taking a break here, but on the internet in general.

I will go when I [finally] end Stamina Mafia and update the Mafia board and stuff like that, and probably tie down a few other things as well. So I'll probably leave later today or tomorrow. When I get back, I'll probably be preparing for my next Mafia game (since this break will help me find interest in hosting Mafia games again), and continue back up as though I never left.

I'm typing this now because I know that I will probably forget some things if I waited to post this right before I left, so hopefully I can tie everything down and when that's all done leave for a bit. I probably could have done it at a better time, but I just realize need to sort things out in my head, because as many of my friends - some on here know too - that I really need a break from the internet.

EDIT - And yeah, I know I took a break like 4 months ago, but unfortunately I wasn't prepared for some personal reality checks that I've been experiencing a lot lately.

Best wishes, hopefully you'll be fine and just take your time, hell take more time off if you need to, nothing wrong with an extra break to get your stuff straight.

Hey, guys.

So, my computer is a real shit on here, so I might be less active.

I'll be on a road trip to Derby, Blackpool and the Lake District until Friday. I have no idea if the hotel in Blackpool has Wi-Fi, but expect me to be less active anyways. If I don't come on at all, I have no connection. I'm typing this in Derby since my grandma lives there, and she's got Wi-Fi.
I guess I'll see you guys on Friday. Bye everyone!

So apparently my mum didn't know I came on here and found out the other day, so she's become rather paranoid and threatened to block this site from the Wi-Fi because she doesn't like "how I'm interacting with strangers on the internet". I doubt she will, but if I do disappear suddenly, refer to this.

Robin said:
because she doesn't like "how I'm interacting with strangers on the internet".

I had this problem too...

...like in 2009

(I mean it's kinda understandable if you're only 11 even though the only thing i did all day was watching let's plays on youtube)

Robin said:
So apparently my mum didn't know I came on here and found out the other day, so she's become rather paranoid and threatened to block this site from the Wi-Fi because she doesn't like "how I'm interacting with strangers on the internet". I doubt she will, but if I do disappear suddenly, refer to this.
Reminds me of my Mom.

Robin said:
she doesn't like "how I'm interacting with strangers on the internet".
:<

I showed my mom I was FaceTiming someone in another country and she doesn't give a shit.
Honestly, I think your parents are too tight on the whole thing. Do your parents even know how to block sites? My mom did that once and came up to me asking me to block it for her.

Robin said:
I kind of doubt it, but she'll probably look it up if she doesn't know how.
I've never had a parent follow through with that in all my experiences of talking with people. She'll most likely pretend to block it. Then again, I don't know your mom.

Have you told her that we're a pretty mature bunch (on the whole), and it's not like you're actually giving us all your personal information so we can't come and sit outside your house with a van asking if you want candy?

Duke Devlin said:
Have you told her that we're a pretty mature bunch (on the whole), and it's not like you're actually giving us all your personal information so we can't come and sit outside your house with a van asking if you want candy?
Oh yes, this too.

Duke Devlin said:

Most parents believe that all strangers on the internet are bad unless you know your family and irl friends on facebook so lol

most likely ice will just be called delusional if anything.

I've almost finished my road trip. I'm currently in the Lake District, since my apartment has Wi-Fi. I went to Blackpool yesterday. It was AWESOME! I went up the Blackpool Tower and saw the illuminations. The hotel had Wi-Fi too, but I had no time to post here. I'll be back to full activity tomorrow when I return to Derby.

Sorry, Majora's Mask got me excited that I had to stop in.

I am somewhat back, but not fully. Just need to finish this paper and I'll get things rolling again on my part.

Back