The Official "I'm going away/coming back!" Thread

Merging with the Going away/coming back topic.

Welcome back.

Aoi Asahina said:
That would be the 9/11 post.

Now I really want to check the ban log o_O

By the way, welcome back OJ Toad, I really missed you.

Indeed it was; Threads relating to 9/11 got locked, people got banned, a massive quote mountain appeared, and a sing along to Bohemian Rhapsody, all in one week.

GreenDisaster said:
Mondo Oowada said:
smasher has had his four tokens returned to him since boidoh has been permabanned
Boidoh's permanently gone, I guess. So what was the straw that broke the camel's back?
I prefer to use the saying "What was the wafer thin mint that exploded the guy?"

Re: Sorreh

OJ Toad said:
I haven't been on the forums in a while...

Hai.
I actually managed to start a Wiki-Pokemon thing, like six months or so after I asked you if I could.

It's turned out to be a huge success - check it out.

Not really back, as my Internet around here is still to crap to see this Forums at its fullest, but I can sometimes randomly pop-up here.
You'll never know when I'm here, until mid-November (let's say early December, just to be sure).

I'm going to do this short and sweet and to the point as possible, but no promises.

I'm going, forever.

I tried in April because I was getting of some people's attitudes and also because I really needed time away, but I came back to be incorrectly accused of doing it because of butthurt feelings. Since then, I documented every insult you made along with other users for the next 27 days just so that all this injustice could be shown known as the Petition. I'm glad I did it, because I was glad I had guts to try something that could be a change for the better. Opinionate all you want about it, I don't care, the Petition happened. (P.S. - click here if you want to learn some truths about some things. (Starting from that post on)) On a side note: this place as gotten a ton better since, and I'm glad that it wasn't as bad as it was heading, whether you saw it that way or not. And also, for giving me some new relationships with people, good relationships I should say.

I am finally leaving because I've been too tied with a few people and what they do that draw me back to them. I'm not afraid to name some of them: Lily, New Super Mario, Nabber, Baby Luigi, and the list goes on. They are the people that support me, talk to me like I'm a fellow human being, and most of all hasn't talked crap about me (afaik ;)). I am really going to miss them, as well as I am really going to miss Mafia games, UBB, and UTDI.

But I digressed slightly. I finally felt like I could leave this place and stay gone. Since I was banned at #mwchat, I lost the need to go back to that place, and I was finally free of that place. Now, since I'm so busy that I barely am able to check this website, now is the perfect opportunity to finally cut the cords here. I really will miss a lot of you, even if I didn't name you in that last paragraph.

I hope you can understand why I am leaving: to escape this misery. I'm not mainly talking about the Petition, but other things that have just built up too long now that has made this place a living hellhole for me.

Since this would take too long to do individually: Remove me from any Mafia, UBB, or UTDI Game, MG1 I am done hosting Mafia games, I will not host UBB7, I was kicked out of MHG, 'Shroom, AC before/during my previous departure so that covers that, and any other odds and ends that might need be taken care of. Goodbye everyone. Don't worry; I'll keep in touch with the people I want to keep in touch with. ;)

After this post, I'm deleting my account. Don't try to PM me.

Godammit why!?!??! 2012 is not going so well.

Gee, the forum isn't THAT bad....

Well good luck and only the power of the grand stars know when we shall meet again.

We are sorry to see you go BMB. :'( Also the mods don't delete accounts on requests.

BMB said:
I hope you can understand why I am leaving: to escape this misery. I'm not mainly talking about the Petition, but other things that have just built up too long now that has made this place a living hellhole for me.

I am well aware you don't want to hear this, but most of that misery is self-inflicted.

When things went sour, people made numerous attempts to make amends, build bridges, and giving you second chances. You responded to these attempts with presumptuous rants, tampering with quotes, blaming your friends for the mistakes you made, and even outright lying to people. Things like that are somewhat counter-productive if what you seek is harmony.

I'm not talking about the petition, by the way. I'm talking about a multitude of things, both recent events and things that happened long ago. Things that have inconvenienced a lot of people. And even though you vehemently deny it, you were given multiple opportunities to set things right. You often apologized, but then immediately went back on it and continued to be malicious. Those who had to endure these antics for longer eventually wisened up to that. For me, that moment was after what you did in chat on the 2nd of June, 2011.

I was very enraged about that, and I followed it up by making some mistakes I am not particularly proud of. Most notably: letting my emotions get the better of me and calling you "a little weird in the head" after you tried to pull one of your poisonous stunts on one of my best friends here.

The problem I see with your behavior is that you don't really seem to seek harmony, like you claim. What you are actually seeking is confirmation. Confirmation you attempt to receive by playing the victim. And I played right into that fantasy by being stupid enough to provide you with a reaction that you could show to other people, while subsequently being completely secretive about your own involvement in it.

I am telling you the following without trying to trip you up or make fun of you or anything now. It is well-intended advice, I give you my word. You may flee from a place that has become inhospitable for you, but that will not make the problems disappear in the long run. Problems never disappear on their own without you putting some work into resolving them. If you do not work on the issues in yourself that caused the misery you spoke of, then wherever you go, the circle will always repeat itself, and you will be on the run forever.

I wish you the best of luck with managing your future life. May it be a peaceful and harmonic one.

to add to what edo said, the shit you posted relating to Xephyr happened shortly after Mindless Junk II was destroyed and therefore several users who do not represent the majority were still upset about the whole thing. I myself was infuriated that you had the gall to trivialise my life and death open heart surgery as a mere "injury", and even now I'm still pissed off you pretended to have no knowledge of that unreasonably insensitive comment just so you could save face and protect your ego. But anyway, me and Stooben put a stop to that almost immediately, and since then there has been very, very little MJII-like mockery of users who don't have access to Xephyr, and even then only by a very small amount of users who absolutely do not reflect the ideals of the entire Xephyr community.

So before you attempt to demonise the Xephyr Board and everyone on it, I'd suggest you actually do your research and not use extremely outdated examples of us being unloving, cruel monsters just so you have something to whinge about. If you really wanted to make peace, you wouldn't be trying to paint us as horrid people in the first place.

DAMMIT BMB GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE. IT'S NOT THAT BAD. I've had worse, and so have most of the users who have been on this wiki. You know, you're well loved around here and on the wiki, and leaving because of some "misery" is just plain stupid. You probably won't see this, because of the fact that you're leaving forever, but quitting isn't the solution. That's for trolls and idiots. And are you a troll? Are you an idiot? No. You're a Bloop. And Bloops never quit! I knew your mother, and she wasn't a quitter, she was a winner. And your father, he didn't quit. Heck, even when the going got tough, your great uncle Sal never quit. So bugger me if a whole generation is going to be wasted by one single Bloop that couldn't.

So get your backside back here and finish your story.

Back