What's the most overrated/underrated Mario game out there?

Lemmy Koopa Fan

Koopa Troopa
So what do you think? I think the most overrated is Super Mario Galaxy or New Super Mario Bros. Wii. And I think the most underrated game is... Hotel Mario. Don't get me wrong, it does suck. But I think it deserves more 3.5 than 1.1...

Overrated - Super Mario RPG</thread>

Kaptain K. Rool said:
I agree. It was fun, but certainly wasn't the great game everyone was making it out to be.

Kaptain K. Rool said:
Over'd: a tie between SMRPG and SMW
Under'd: Partners in Time
Those must be typos...

Overrated: SMB (started it all, but sue me; now it doesn't seem as hot)
Underrated: SMW (Great game or greatest game?)

Kaptain K. Rool said:
Over'd: a tie between SMRPG and SMW
Under'd: Partners in Time

Per.

Also:

Over´d: The N64 Mario Parties (really good but not that superior over the cube ones)
Under´d: The Cube Mario Parties (nowhere near as bad as people say).

The Wii Mario Party makes all Parties beforehand look like works of art.

-also-

Overrated - SMRPG (It's a great game, but I'd sooner play.....)

Underrated - SM3 (because it keeps getting bumped between world for it's awesomeness and 2 for it's underrated-ness)

I thought SM3 was considered one of the greatest of all time

Overrated - SSBB. It's great and all but the online play sorta sucks. (Otherwise, it's awesome)

Underrated - Super Mario Sunshine. People always seem to compare it to Super Mario 64 and Galaxy so it tends to become overshadowed, but I still enjoyed playing that game a lot.

Weird. I once saw an advert about SMG that said "Everything from Super Mario 64 you loved, without everything from Super Mario Sunshine you hated!"

I think Super Paper Mario is also underrated...

Kinniku Man said:
"Everything from Super Mario 64 you loved, without everything from Super Mario Sunshine you hated!"
That's weird, since Galaxy plays a lot like Super Mario Sunshine with a new gimmick. I'm not hating on Galaxy, it's great, but it just feels a lot more like Sunshine than it does like 64.
Kinniku Man said:
I think Super Paper Mario is also underrated...
That's like saying Luigi is underrated: It's the opposite of true, but for some reason a lot of people do it.

Well when I say that Super Paper Mario was better than PM2, people try to shoot me.

That's because you deserve it!

With nerf guns!

on-topic: I would say Super Mario 64 DS is overrated.

Back