Mario Game Ideas?

Aiko Heiwa

Power Star
Banned User
I have an idea for a Mario game for the DS. Erm, not really a game but a compilation.

Super Mario All-Stars DS - A remake of Super Mario All-Stars Plus Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo.

Games that would be included

Bolded if needs to be unlocked
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Land
Super Mario World
Super Mario Land 2

Features

Updated graphics for all the game and (possibly) 3D FMV cutscenes?
Bringing the classic Mario games to a new generation
Minigames?

Unlockable Features

Gallery of Artwork
The Classic Games - Play the games in their original graphics
Sound Test

How to Unlock the Unlockable Features

Donkey Kong Jr. - Beat Donkey Kong Once
Super Mario Land - Beat Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Land 2 - Beat Super Mario Bros 2
Gallery of Artwork - Beat Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, and Super Mario Bros 2
The Classic Games - Beat each game once
Sound Test - Beat at least 5 games

Anyone else have any ideas?

Armored Armadillo said:
Mario American Football, plz.
Madden would have some serious competition. :)

There should be a game staring Wario and Waluigi that plays kind of like the Beavis and Butt-head game on the SNES. That would be awesome.

That would be awesome. I however do not see Nintendo doing this. If they made one, I doubt it would have all those games.

Mario Lacrosse
Mario Cricket
Mario Starcraft(for release only in Korea?)

I would play those.

FOOTBALL! that would be so awesomely cool!
--mario kart with some crazy new twist--
MARIO KART BUT WITH BOATS AND AIRPLANES
kind of like Diddy Kong Racing but it would be
mucho cooler bc it would have mario kart characteristics.
ANYBODY LIKE THT IDEA?

--bowserslover:]! :bowser:

OK, let's try this again:

Hi All!

A Mario game I have longed to see for 20 years now is just a 3D version of the original. Same block layout, basic enemies and game play, but with a limited 3D field. 3D finally came out with Super Mario 64, but that felt so different from the original, and was so much more complex. It did not even seem to have much music. Super Mario RPG seemed more like what I wanted to see, but that was different too. Super Mario Kart had the nice 3D raster graphics, but was a racing game.

The modern NSMB games are nice, and tried to restore many features of the the original game, but still seem to draw a lot on Super Mario World more than anything else, which was very different from the original. Like the World Maps, which to me interrupt the flow of the game, in addition to the Warps being in these maps, rather then hidden in the levels via vines. And the character redesigns (why do Koopas always have to walk upright now? Never thought that looked right!)

So it would just be a nice novelty for those who really like the old game, and don't need something totally new. The original games are still available, and all new games continue to be released; so I think a hybrid 3D version of the original would be nice and enjoyable.
A lot of the newer features are nice and would be good to import, such as the progress meter (DS), many of the powerups from SMB3 to the present, and now, the multiplayer feature.

Never seen that. But it did lead to a whole bunch of other similar videos.
The one I like best is this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1HXE4j8Iyo

Mario and Luigi 4: Toad's big break (a direct sequel, story-wise, to NSMB Wii)

After the events of NSMB Wii, Blue Toad and Yellow Toad have been promoted to being front guards of Toad town as a reward for their help. When they stop Bowser from entering (a rare occurrence), they are regarded as the best tag-team in the kingdom, quickly over shadowing Mario and Luigi. But when a new evil attacks the land, the four must band together once again to protect it.
Gameplay would be a mix of partners in time and Bowser's inside story. You'd often be controlling either the Mario bros or the toads at a time and you'd switch at certain points in the story, and sometimes the 2 pairs would meet and you'd be controlling all 4 at the same time.

OK, here is another idea I thought for a Mario game. Since they like to include all the stuff that's been added to the series over the years (including specifically themed worlds), in new games, then how about representing each game, in 3D version, as a whole "world" in one game?
That way, you would be getting a little of the whole series in a single game.

Each of the major kinds of levels would be represented, and use the game's unique powerups and original score for that type of world, with updated 3D graphics and game play. So World 1 would play and sound just like the original, except for the 3D. World 2 would play just like SMB2, with its enemies, where you pick things up and throw at them. 3 would reinroduce the racoon suit and others. 4 would have Yoshi, etc.
5, 6 and 8 would represent games already produced in 3D, so probably be just like those games.
And 7 would just be a 3D version of the current 2D games.

Ever since I first thought of a dream 3D Mario, about 20 years ago, now; I had always imagined it ending with a 3D rematch between Mario and Donkey Kong. Especially when DK Jr would eventually appear in Super Mario Kart. I first conceived of DK as the real boss behind Bowser and the Koopas; to sort of take the Nintendo universe back full circle.
Now that DK later got his own series (and then they obfuscated which "DK" is really which), it would seem far fetched for him to be boss over the Koopas. But as a sub boss, in a 3D version of the construction tower he fought Mario in, that would make for an interesting "bonus World 9". The other half of it could then be a 3D version of Mario Bros.

I also thought of an ever so rare "everything suit". It would have the raccoon's tail, super cape, propeller hat, water jet pack, the aluminum hat, be able to turn into a sliding shell, a stone statue and throw hammers, fire and ice. It would also be like both the frog suit and penguin suit in being able to negotiate both water and ice better.

Some of these things would be controlled by different buttons especially something like the fire and ice. Or, several things would simultaneously be controlled by the same buttons. Like you could throw fire and hammers or ice and hammers at the same time. Perhaps, fire and ice balls could alternate.

Here's an idea of the world lineup:

1 "SMB1/2J World"
1-1 overworld
1-2 underworld
1-3 obstacle world
1-4
1-5 overworld (more advanced, like 2J)
1-6 waterworld
1-7 flying fish
1-8 castle (Boss: false-Bowser)

2 "Dream World"
(Boss: Wart)

3 SMB3 World
3-1 overworld (blocks)
3-2 underworld
3-3 overworld (rolling plains)
3-4 underworld (vertical)
3-5 obstacle world (self-scrolling)
special world (pipe/piranha plant)
airship
castle (Boss: Boom Boom)

4 Dino World
4-1 overworld (diagonal theme)
4-2 underworld
4-3 obstacle world (T platforms)
4-4 underworld (vertical)
4-5 obstacle world (self-scrolling)
4-6 water world
Ghost House
castle (Boss: Reznor Rhinos)

5 SMB64 World

6 Sunshine World

7 NSMB World (DS & Wii)

7-1 Overworld
7-2 Underworld
7-3 obstacle world (T platforms)
7-4 desert world
7-5 ice world
7-6 volcano (vertical, rising lava)
ghost house
tower
castle
(Boss: Bowser Jr).

8 Galaxy World
(Boss: Bowser)

Special:
9 Retro World
9-1 barrel world
9-2 cement factory
9-3 bouncing jack world
9-4 rivet world
(Sub-Boss: DK)
9-5 turtles & crabs
9-6 fighter flies
9-7 ice factory world
9-8 icicle world
(Boss: Bowser?)

Uniju said:
Mario Lacrosse
Mario Cricket
Mario Starcraft(for release only in Korea?)

I would play those.
And you know what else?
Korfball.

Luigi’s Mansion 2

STORY:
One day, Mario decides to visit Mario castle again. While there he gets attacked by a gang of boos. Luckily he gets out long enough to ask luigi to exterminate the ghosts there. After the first boss is beaten and you’ve settled into the new game play style, you are shown this cutscene,

(At Mario’s house)

Daisy:*knock knock*
Mario: Hello?
Daisy: hi, you wouldn’t happen to know where Luigi is, do you? I thought we could go golfing.
Mario: he’s at my castle but I would recommend going there. We think it’s haunted
Daisy: I wouldn’t say that, but thanks anyway!
Daisy: (thinking) he probably could use some help!

(At the castle)

Daisy: Luigi?
King Boo: Hello Clarice!
Daisy: Who’s “Clarice?” Ack!
King boo kidnaps her but leaves her crown.
Daisy: This place is DEFINITLY haunted!

When you go back to the front gate to heal, you see a crown on the floor and recognize it as Daisy’s

King boo laughs

King Boo: Hello Mr. L! Looks like our paths have crossed again!
I see you have found the loud one’s crown. I would love to say “your princess is in another castle”
But can’t because I would be lying. See if you can find her!

King boo laughs

GAMEPLAY: Gameplay would be first person for most of the game but third person for the boss battles, maximizing creepy effect. You’ll often go to the front door after a boss to save, heal, etc.

I feel this could fix the problems the original had.

How about a game about the part of life Mario and Luigi have that doesn't involve rescuing Princess Peach?

Muigi said:
How about a game about the part of life Mario and Luigi have that doesn't involve rescuing Princess Peach?
Mario (insert Kart/sport here)

Kaptain K. Rool said:
Muigi said:

lol owned.

Kaptain K. Rool said:
Muigi said:
People don't call that stuff canon, but the Mario game I've suggested would be a spin-off anyway...

There is no canon.

Muigi said:
Super Mario Land 1/2.

Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant Governor-General Shyguy said:
Muigi said:
Super Mario Land 1/2.
And Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Mario Bros., Mario is Missing!, Mario Party Series, Mario vs. DK series, Donkey Kong '94, Luigi's Mansion, etc. Too many to list.

Back