Super Mario RPG 2?

g.narron

#1 Mario And Koopalings Fan!!!!!!
Does anyone hope that the new unannounced game is Super Mario RPG 2?

I highly doubt it is, SMRPG is too old for there to be a sequal nowadays.

I thought there was a chance since all the fans of the original are wanting a sequel so bad i thought it would be perfect for the ds

Oh god I hope not. I hated that game.
Besides, Paper Mario was already a semi-unofficial sequel.

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
You're the first person I've every come across on the Internet to say that.

Smashgoom202 said:

You've got that right, the game is definetly not to old and it deserves a sequel!

No, Super Mario RPG was a horrid game.

g.narron said:
Smashgoom202 said:

You've got that right, the game is definetly not to old and it deserves a sequel!
Well, I meant that he's the only one to say something like that, not that he doesn't have a point. Still, I don't really think it's too old. In fact, I dont' think it's old enough to get a sequel! Remember all those old games that are making a comeback? Super Mario RPG has to gain some sort of massive cult following and being unanimously popular to get a sequel, and even that won't guarantee anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a sequel, but you have to think about just what it will be about. Think about what you want before you actually say it.

It could tell about Geno after he went back to star road.

g.narron said:
It could tell about Geno after he went back to star road.
How would that make an interesting game? And besides, he's not possessing the Geno doll anymore, so he would just be some sort of weird twinkle star.

Herr Shyguy said:
SMRPG was lame.
It was okay, but I much prefer newer RPGs such as the Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi series.
I never restarted my file when my VC version was corrupt.

It's not a terrible game, but there are so many better RPGs out there.

I've always hated people who say things are good because they were considered good when they were new.

Well, as long as we're complaining about this game, I might as well say I didn't like it that much. I haven't finished it yet, and I want to wait until I beat Smithy before I give it my final judgement, but I didn't like it that much. The camera and the jumping sections where the parts I hated the most, it got really annoying and frustrating after a while.

I want a new mario RPG, not a new SMRPG. We already have Mario RPG's with similar and (In my opinion) better formulas. So, a sequal to SMRPG would have to have a similar story. What can you do? Stuff with Geno. But, is there anything that geno can do that any other character can't do? No! I don't get the fanboyism for Geno. The only reason to bring back SMRPG is for the characters, and I thought the characters were only average.

Waluigi said:
But, is there anything that geno can do that any other character can't do? No!
That's funny, I don't recall any of the other characters being able to shoot bullets out of their fingers.

they were making one but was replaced with the Paper Mario series, and in my opinion, is WAY Better overall... Super Paper Mario was a let down for me but they'll go back to the normal Paper Mario formula

Crackin355 said:
they were making one but was replaced with the Paper Mario series, and in my opinion, is WAY Better overall... Super Paper Mario was a let down for me but they'll go back to the normal Paper Mario formula
They were never making a sequel to SMRPG.

Paper Mario was going to be called Super Mario RPG 2, but due to legal complications with Square (now Square-Enix) they couldn't name the game Super Mario RPG 2 as Square owned the rights to the name Super Mario RPG.

in that case.... Thank GOD that they didnt name it that, otherwise i wouldnt have even considered playing it.

Togepi said:
Crackin355 said:
in that case.... Thank GOD that they didnt name it that, otherwise i wouldnt have even considered playing it.
You're welcome. ;)
I see what you did there.
Unijuism-wise, you're not a god, you're just Jesus #2.

On-topic:
I don't really see them making a SMRPG 2. The game is too old for new one, and not old enough for a comeback.

Crackin355 said:

I didn't know that they plan to make any sequels. It seems unlikely to me somehow...
As for me, the first part was solid, but a little boring sometimes. The second one was a little more daring, ditched the central Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser as the main antagonist, and it worked. The game was great. The third part however overdid it. It went completely away from any relation to the Mushroom Kingdom, and replaced it with an abstract style. The game felt kinda cold and reserved to me...

And to topic:
It seems like I am one of the few persons who actually liked that game :-\

No, you're not. I like that game, too, and I don't understand all the hate for it in this topic.

Back