Super Mario RPG 2?

I'll start playinmg again if you give me tips for the first Croco fight, im playing it on the PC so dont say i suck... its hard for PC. (I do grind EXP but i doesnt work)

Crackin355 said:
I'll start playinmg again if you give me tips for the first Croco fight, im playing it on the PC so dont say i suck... its hard for PC. (I do grind EXP but i doesnt work)

First of all you should buy the equipment at the store in Mushroom Kingdom. I don't know why, but that stuff seems to buff the charas greatly during that fight. Well and then I recall something like you should use the fireball move... Nah, I don't know. It shouldn't be that hard (I played it on the PC too).

It will be impossible because the contract had ended on 1996 between Nintendo and Square-enix (Squaresoft back then). Stupid Square-Enix doesn't even use Geno so why did they keep him?

SMRPG wasn't bad, but it certainly isn't up to par with the later RPGs. (Excluding SPM, because that wasn't really a true RPG.) That said, it was the first Mario RPG ever created, so it was bound to have quite a few flaws.

The only two possibilities I can see here is another Mario Party or Paper Mario. I'm leaning more towards the latter, though. Think about it.

Paper Mario was released in 2001.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door was released in 2004.
Super Paper Mario was released in 2007.

Notice the pattern here? By that logic, they could be releasing a new Paper Mario in 2010. It's possible that they've been developing it for a while and just kept it secret. (Maybe because they're working hard to make it like the first two Paper Marios, and less like the third one.)

Personally, I'm hoping for a new Paper Mario, so long as it's not lame.

Zero777 said:
It will be impossible because the contract had ended on 1996 between Nintendo and Square-enix (Squaresoft back then). Stupid Square-Enix doesn't even use Geno so why did they keep him?

Because there are many people out there who like Geno and would gladly buy the game when he's in it. Square Enix would be pretty dumb to hand such a trump card to a rivaling company. That's unfortunately how business works...

@Stooben Rooben:
Of course a new (old) Paper Mario would be great, but I'm not very confident in this. The new Mario Party thing you mentioned seems more likely. Or maybe it's something entirely different. Maybe they are producing "Mario is Missing 2", who knows?

If they do make another Mario Party (if it's for the Wii), it needs to use more of the Wii's features.

And I highly doubt that they'll be creating anything original. Nintendo's been very sequel-savvy as of late. The last original Mario game was Galaxy, and that's already got a sequel.

I don't understand all the hate for it in this topic.

It's easy as hell, over-hyped by 12-years rom kiddies and hyperactive manchild alike, and the story fall flat (Dry dialogue and the one character who actually gets exposure is also the most annoying one). Though I don't actually think it sucks, it's average but still very playable.

Regarding SMRPG 2, well it's very unlikely it'll get a sequels since Nintendo already has two Mario RPG spinoff, but it's not completely impossible. I mean, this thing is getting a novel.

Glowsquid said:
I don't understand all the hate for it in this topic.

It's easy as hell, over-hyped by 12-years rom kiddies and hyperactive manchild alike, and the story fall flat (Dry dialogue and the one character who actually gets exposure is also the most annoying one). Though I don't actually think it sucks, it's average but still very playable.

A person shouldn't judge someone or something by the amount of it's followers. By hating something because it is hyped you do the same thoughtless thing as if you join the hype and are blind to a product's flaws, only in reversed order.

Your judgment should always be based on your personal experiences with something, nothing else. Unfortunately, an own opinion has become a dying breed in the world nowadays.

The thought just occurred to me that they might be making a Luigi's Mansion 2. I heard something about that earlier this year, IIRC.

SMRPG was just an alright game. Doesn't deserve a sequel, tho.

Stooben Rooben said:
The thought just occurred to me that they might be making a Luigi's Mansion 2. I heard something about that earlier this year, IIRC.

Or it could be New Play Control: Luigi's mansion.

Blue Monday said:
SMRPG was just an alright game. Doesn't deserve a sequel, tho.

Thats what i think

A person shouldn't judge someone or something by the amount of it's followers

Well duh. But when there's a bunch of cretins hyping something and get pissy when you don't like it as much as them, it adds an extra layer of annoyance, ever heard of hype backlash?

The fact that something exists doesn't mean that one has to accept it.

Glowsquid said:
A person shouldn't judge someone or something by the amount of it's followers

Well duh. But when there's a bunch of cretins hyping something and get pissy when you don't like it as much as them, it adds an extra layer of annoyance, ever heard of hype backlash?

Then be aware what the actual annoyance is: The cretins you mentioned, not the product itself.
I for example kind of like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It is not the best game I played, it has a couple of flaws, but it is solid. Most people I met that like the game too however, are screaming fanboys who gather to hundreds and bitch you into the ground when you even dare to attempt to question something in the game. But although I hate that kind of behavior, I keep my anger away from the game, and instead focus it on it's blind and stubborn followers, for this subjects deserve it far more to be disliked.

It is ok of course to dislike something. It's just an opinion then and if you are able to state why you dislike it, it is fine (You for example critisize the game's easiness and the flat dialogues, that's understanable). But if the only reason you can give is "I don't like it because everybody else likes it", then you should think again if it is wise to stick with that opinion.

Transference, in any matter, is always wrong.

Edofenrir said:
Zero777 said:

Because there are many people out there who like Geno and would gladly buy the game when he's in it. Square Enix would be pretty dumb to hand such a trump card to a rivaling company. That's unfortunately how business works...

Yes that is true, but I'm saying that they never used him in I think a decade, so why the hell they kept him

Zero777 said:
Edofenrir said:
Zero777 said:
Yes that is true, but I'm saying that they never used him in I think a decade, so why the hell they kept him
I'm not really arguing or anything, but I just wanted to point out that he had a cameo in M&L:SS. That's pretty much the only use he's gotten since SMRPG.

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Zero777 said:
Edofenrir said:
Zero777 said:
I'm not really arguing or anything, but I just wanted to point out that he had a cameo in M&L:SS. That's pretty much the only use he's gotten since SMRPG.

Well I knew that, I meant like a role in a game not a cameo.

I'm pretty sure that even if Nintendo DID own the rights to Geno, they STILL wouldn't put him in another game, since for some reason, they never like to reuse RPG characters.

SolarBlaze said:
I'm pretty sure that even if Nintendo DID own the rights to Geno, they STILL wouldn't put him in another game, since for some reason, they never like to reuse RPG characters.

What are you talking about, they reuse a lot of RPG characters into new RPG and other video games

Zero777 said:
SolarBlaze said:
What are you talking about, they reuse a lot of RPG characters into new RPG and other video games
The never reused SMRPG characters. (with the exception of that one Geno cameo in Super Star Saga)

Zero777 said:
SolarBlaze said:

What are you talking about? Other than a few unmemorable characters (like Goomboss/Goomba King), what other characters have they reused? Please, DO fill me in on that one.

SolarBlaze said:
Zero777 said:
SolarBlaze said:

What are you talking about? Other than a few unmemorable characters (like Goomboss/Goomba King), what other characters have they reused? Please, DO fill me in on that one.

The Star Spirits
Geno (in ML:SS)
Parakarry
Bow
Fawful

Waddle Dee said:
SolarBlaze said:
Zero777 said:
SolarBlaze said:

The Star Spirits
Geno (in ML:SS)
Parakarry
Bow
Fawful
Also the Koopatrol. (Everyone forgets about Mario Pinball Land. :P)

Back