The worst video game ever?

I've never played Link's Awakening, but seriously, how on Earth could a Zelda game be the worst game ever? The Zelda series is awesome!

But, the CD-I games....

I didn't say that Mario Kart 64 was on the same levels as Superman 64 and such, I just said it was the worst game THAT I'VE PLAYED. That being said, I still kinda liked it, it's just my least favorite out of any game I've played. It's still a fun game to play, I mean I even bought it agian on Virtual Console. But in comparison to other games, it's a bit bland in design and gameplay. Even as a kid, I was disappointed that they went for the same old Super Mario Kart 2-D style instead of making a fully 3-D racing game.

I don't judge games that I've never played (unlike many people on other forums), so yeah.

Glowsquid said:
^Fair enough (and, sorry), though I still wonder how many games you have played.
Well a lot, but since the N64 days, I now try to decide if a game is worth my time before I play it. And for the most case, they have been.

Glowsquid said:
Dude, if you think MK64 is on the same level as Big Rigs and Superman 64, you either 1: don't know shit about the medium or 2: clearly are delusional. This isn't called "Games you don't like".
Wow, just...wow. Where is THIS coming from? There was nothing in my above post that even hinted at me hating Mario Kart 64. Also, there isn't much of a difference between the topic titles, "games you don't like" and "the worst game ever", because I'm pretty sure there are several people who don't exactly share the same opinion on what's considered to be the worst game ever.

Wow, just...wow. Where is THIS coming from? There was nothing in my above post that even hinted at me hating Mario Kart 64.

And what in my post was specifically implying this was your opinion? I was responsing to the "But it's subjective!" part.

because I'm pretty sure there are several people who don't exactly share the same opinion on what's considered to be the worst game ever.

Opinions are opinions but you can't seriously, honestly consider M64 or such when thousand of pure, grade-A shit exist. But really, bitching over the application of the thread's title (wich is *my* fault, I admit) is just hair-splitting semantics.

Hey, most of the people in this thread.

There's a huge difference between your least favorite game and the worst game you've ever played. I hate Earthbound with a passion, but you'll never hear me say it's even a bad game. I can recognize why people enjoy it and why it is not objectively a poor game; I just don't like it.

Super Mario Sunshine was a great game, but Super Mario Strikers sucks, at least compared to Mario Strikers Charged.

Back