Il Piantissimo: New Shadow Mario???

Murzon Shyshadow

Koopa Troopa
At the end of Super Mario Sunshine, Il Piantissimo finds Shadow Mario's paint brush. Do you think that maybe.... he's going to become Shadow Mario II?
 

Son_of_Suns

Cheep Cheep
Retired Wiki Staff
He may have been the Shadow Mario from Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.
 

YellowYoshi398

King Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
One should note that it was the bandanna, which Bowser Jr. is still in possession of, that turns someone into whatever they want (Shadow Mario in Junior's case); the Magic Paintbrush just lets people make goop, create monsters, and maybe vandalize Wikipedia or something.
 

Max2

King Bowser
nope. it was the paintbrush. The mask was painted on by the paintbrush
 

Sir Grodus

King Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Where does it say the bandana was created that way? I always assumed E. Gadd gave it to Bowser Jr. along with the Magic Paintbrush.
 

Son_of_Suns

Cheep Cheep
Retired Wiki Staff
The bandana and the paintbursh are independent of each other. I believe the paintbursh allows Bowser Jr. to become Shadow Mario. Junior just has a thing for masks - they allow him to represent something greater than his childish self.
 

YellowYoshi398

King Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
I always thought that the bandanna lets him morph into Shadow Mario and the Paintbrush just lets him make graffiti. Guess I'm wrong, though...
 

PeteyPiranhaLover

Why does Petey Piranha got to have haters?
YellowYoshi398 said:
I always thought that the bandanna lets him morph into Shadow Mario and the Paintbrush just lets him make graffiti. Guess I'm wrong, though...
You're not the only one. I thought it was like that to.
But some people say that Jr. got the paintbrush by disguising himself as Mario and tricked E. Gadd into giving it to him.
 

Guiliant

Shine Sprite
You want the true story?

Piantismo, waking up from his sleep on the shores of Gelato Beach, wepp's at being beaten by Mario. A paintbrush came down and hit him upon the head. He got up, and looked at the strange thing. He kiked it into a Pianta, and the pianta fell down into a puddle of goop. Piantisimo picked uyp the paintbrush, and suddenly turned into a goop covered Mario. He had an idea- he could terrorize Isle Delfino, as nintnendo would never introduce it again, or he could play sports. He decided to play sports.
 

Luigi hc

Spiny
Personally, I always thought that the mask made him Shadow Mario (I remember him lowering the mask, and showing his true self, actually) however, that brings up the question of where the mask came from. It could have been an item of Bowser's, or just a creation of the brush (which, I don't think E. Gadd gave to him -- I think he stole it.) I personally believe that the brush made the mask which made him Shadow Mario.
So, as for the Il Piantissimo thing, we'll just have to wait for Super Mario Sunshine -- Il Piantissimo's Revence to see. ;P

EDIT:: Just as a side note, I officially beat Super Mario Sunshine this weekend. ^^ After having it for... a long time, I finally got the attention span to finish it. xD And, I wanted to strangle something after Corona Mountain.
I'd also like to ask if anyone else thought that the only hard part about the boss battle with Bowser and Bowser Jr. was staying on the platforms. o.o;
 

Luigi hc

Spiny
:P I found it tricky to get back on to the main circle after you crushed one of the five platforms. My game would somehow make me fall through the platform, or make the game go really slow, so it would be quite tricky. That was the only hard part though (that and mastering the art of getting Bowser to breathe fire where you want him to, and getting Life Shrooms out of the bullet bills. xD). ;D
 

kappa16

Monty Mole
I can't even GET to Bowser and Bowser Jr. Corona Mountain is such a pain :evil: I decided to concentrate on Mario Kart: Double Dash!! instead... And I agree with Luigi hc on the fact that the mask was in fact a creation of the paintbrush... If you remember, Bowser Jr. points out that when he "draws with it, all his wishes come true"... So, it brings to question just how the paintbrush actually works; does the paintbrush make peoples most deepest desires come to life just by wishing and then drawing them???
 

Stumpers

Hammer Bro.
Retired Wiki Staff
Here's teh facts sans-speculation-for-the-most-part-but-I've-noted-where-it-is:

Bowser Junior has two bandanas, or one with drawings on both sides. The first bandana/side has the mustache on it. Bowser Jr. pulled it down and changed from Shadow Mario into Bowser Jr. Therefore, the Bandana turned him into Shadow Mario, regardless of the curse/spell/magic paint that made it magic. The other side is a mouth with teeth. It does not have magical powers, as seen in Toadstool Tour. Therefore, it is most likely separate from the first mask.

The paintbrush produced inky pant that was easily washed off and never absorbed into anything. The ink on the mask had clearly sunk in. Also, the ink from the paintbrush never changed anything, but it was capable of consuming things, such as people and buildings.

Therefore, Il Piantisimo could not have turned into Shadow Mario with the brush alone.
 

Xzelion

Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant...
Retired Wiki Staff
Stumpers said:
Here's teh facts sans-speculation-for-the-most-part-but-I've-noted-where-it-is:

Bowser Junior has two bandanas, or one with drawings on both sides. The first bandana/side has the mustache on it. Bowser Jr. pulled it down and changed from Shadow Mario into Bowser Jr. Therefore, the Bandana turned him into Shadow Mario, regardless of the curse/spell/magic paint that made it magic. The other side is a mouth with teeth. It does not have magical powers, as seen in Toadstool Tour. Therefore, it is most likely separate from the first mask.

The paintbrush produced inky pant that was easily washed off and never absorbed into anything. The ink on the mask had clearly sunk in. Also, the ink from the paintbrush never changed anything, but it was capable of consuming things, such as people and buildings.

Therefore, Il Piantisimo could not have turned into Shadow Mario with the brush alone.
Nice :smug: . I agree with stumpers...
 

Luigi hc

Spiny
Hoorah for Stumpers. xD Only, the paint did stick to some walls (in the form of X's, circles, triangles and the like -- those shapes you clean and run like heck to get a blue coin for. xD), just not most things. ;D
 

Son_of_Suns

Cheep Cheep
Retired Wiki Staff
You can't just assume that him pulling down his mask means that the mask gave him the power to transform into Shadow Mario.
 

Luigi hc

Spiny
Sure we can. We just did.
Technically, if he pulls off the mask and becomes Bowser Jr. again, it must be what controls the transformation; what else would it be? He does nothing else but pull the mask off to reveal who he is.
 

kappa16

Monty Mole
Yeah, but he jumped into the air as Shadow Mario and came down as Bowser Jr. if I remember correctly... We never really see him change from Shadow Mario to Bowser Jr. so we can't be completely sure how he does the trick...
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
*tugs at mask*

Frimly cemented. HEY! WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THA^#&@^*!^#&*@!#OWHEYAHEUIADNBMADFADASDAWHACKWHACKWHACK

Ill Paintissimo killed me.
 

Plumber

Tenacious Trio
Retired Wiki Staff
3dejong said:
*tugs at mask*

Frimly cemented. HEY! WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THA^#&@^*!^#&*@!#OWHEYAHEUIADNBMADFADASDAWHACKWHACKWHACK

Ill Paintissimo killed me.
Is he as brutal as the Shy Guys?
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Ow. Yeah. Anyway, his weakness is EEEYOWANJAKNBDFSA^&*(DBANJSKDFAVBHCBHAKYU#&*($@#GGBCF*(DG@#*$(t78(BT*(@#KINGPAINTNF@#%DJIAF*

Ow.
 
Top