Sonic the Hedgehog 4

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216991.html

Wow, nobody's mentioned this yet? I'm surprised. According to that link, there's a new Sonic the Hedgehog game in the making, and it's meant to be a glorious return to Sonic's roots. Yes, I know, it's been said several times before, but I think they truly mean it this time. All I have to say, is that it's about freaking time. Recently, it's been starting to get to the point where even I was starting to lose interest in Sonic, and this is coming from someone who actually enjoyed games like Shadow the Hedgehog and Next-Gen Sonic/Sonic 2006. After years and years of blatantly ignoring their older fanbase, they're FINALLY giving people what they want.

Re: Project Needlemouse

I think the reason nobody mentioned it was because the only other big sonic fan is Uniju, and he's banned as of now. Anyway, this sounds interesting. The title makes me think this could be a DS game or possibly for the PC. Though the needle part of the title makes me think a bit of MOTHER 3.

EDIT: Why did I think it was called "project needlepoint"?

I guess that explains it. Why was Uniju banned again, even after he was unbanned sometime last month?

SolarBlaze said:
I guess that explains it. Why was Uniju banned again, even after he was unbanned sometime last month?
For repeatedly breaking rule 8.

Well, I am a big Sonic fan too but the fact that this game was announced has me fearing the brutal fan-war it will trigger. I do enjoy all Sonic games, and I´m not afraid to openly say here that there are very few Sonic games that are BAD, despite the massive bashing the poor hedgehog has to suffer because it´s not what some people who like the (totally not canon) archie version of the character´s universe they used to watch when they were kids.

It´s so frustrating trying to speak with anyone and explain the good and bad points of a Sonic game like I would do with any game, and people already have the idea of the good points being made by me or that I am an extreme fanatic who defends the worst games, because of course it´s Sonic and has to be bad.

In other words, a Sonic game that pays homage to the genesis ones, scares me. Not because of the game, which I´ll most definitely play and love, but because of the stupid fan war it will trigger. I peeked yesterday on 4chan and there already were posts starting with an image of Sonic´s current design and pople, literally saying things like DIIIIEEEE YOU DAMN ANIME THING (yes, including the caps).

This has gone on for too long, really.

Good thing I can always ignore the stupid unpleasable Sonic fanbase and enjoy the games by myself.

EDIT: In case anyone gets offended, mind you, I´m NOT bashing anyone here, or your own opinions. The biased people (mostly found on the internet) are the ones who I dislike, so, of course I´m not gonna get angry with you just because you have your own reasons to dislike the series, as long as you have actual reasons and explain them, not acting like one of those fanatic brats (which in some cases are nt that young lol).

A good example was the conversation I had with Snake-Man (or whatever he´s called now, as mods can change their names lol) on the Sonic Riders post, some time ago, in which we just shared opinions.

EDIT 2: LOL, an example of biased that happened to me right now. Deviantart, I check my messages. It´s from some guy who did a Sonic and Tails pic in a Ren and Stimpy look. I commented on his drawing, and just said that he shouldn´t listen to clichés because he said in the drawing´s description that he lost all interest in the character and franchise. Note that I wasn´t being agresive.

His response: "All clichés are true and strong to this day because Sonic games are all bad".

Great...

the game will be awesome but.. Project Needlemouse? They HAVE to change that name. overal im going to love this game. i only heard of it yesterday.

Project Needlemouse is just a codename. It's based off of what Sonic was originally going to be called during Sonic 1's prototype stage of development. They were originally going to name him "Mr. Needlemouse", and he had a completely different, retarded-looking design.

You see the image at the bottom left? That's the one.

It looks good. I'm not a Sonic fan, so hopefully this will be easy for me to get into it.

i see why they were going to call him "Mr. Needlemouse". I thik this'll be an easy one to play. but they better have difficulty options

Fighter said:
SolarBlaze said:
For repeatedly breaking rule 8.
lol
I peeked yesterday on 4chan
4chan is not the place you go to for things like this.

On-Topic: I am looking forward to a time in the future when there is actual information on this subject.

SolarBlaze said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216991.html

Wow, nobody's mentioned this yet? I'm surprised. According to that link, there's a new Sonic the Hedgehog game in the making, and it's meant to be a glorious return to Sonic's roots. Yes, I know, it's been said several times before, but I think they truly mean it this time. All I have to say, is that it's about freaking time. Recently, it's been starting to get to the point where even I was starting to lose interest in Sonic, and this is coming from someone who actually enjoyed games like Shadow the Hedgehog and Next-Gen Sonic/Sonic 2006. After years and years of blatantly ignoring their older fanbase, they're FINALLY giving people what they want.
Judging some of the stuff you said are you that one guy on the DKU?

On-Topic: Well, I'm glad about this...

Yes, I am. I'm known as Mystical Ninja over there. Who are you?

I was once "The Guy."

Currently I only go there to get info and stuff and stuff and Rare.

I have to love the ranting.

As far as the gameplay's concerned, it's not looking bad. The character models, on the other hand... I don't think they're very good. Aside from the fact that they didn't use Sonic's (or Robotnik's) classic design like they've led people to think, his running animation just doesn't look right. Also, I'm not very fond of the Badniks' character models, either.

SolarBlaze said:
his running animation just doesn't look right.
It looks like he's walking. I think what we're seeing now is beta footage and I'm sure it will be improved by the release date.

To me, honestly, this game just seems to be yet another game just built on nostalgia, much like New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Mega Man 9, and Mega Man 10.

Hedgehog in Japanese is はりねずみ(Harinezumi), literally "Needle Mouse"

It's like a mouse covered with needles.

Who's that shaded character on the logo? It doesn't look like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Blaze, Rouge or Cream. So, who's that character?

Reve, they already showed a new version of that logo, and it is Sonic.
Sonic_4_Logo.png

You're colourblind, he's blue.

He isn't. He's blue.

Back