Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Re: Project Needlemouse

Uniju said:
Reve, they already showed a new version of that logo, and it is Sonic.
Sonic_4_Logo.png
Oh. Stupid, stupid, stupid me.

I've never really figured out when it's Dr. Eggman and when it's Dr. Robotnik. What's the difference?

Ugozima said:
There's no difference, it's just the name, they're the same character.
But then why are there two names in the first place?

In Japan, Eggman was always Eggman. However, when the first game came to the US SEGA of America decided that Eggman was too silly a name to be in a COOL video game, so they renamed him Robotnik. However, when Sonic Adventure came out and Sonic games started having real stories, hey had to start using all of the Japanese canon, such as the name Eggman.

One of my first video games(computer game?) ever was the Sega Puzzle Pak for PC (I literally got it when I was about 3 yrs old) and I always thought of him from as "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine" (A total Puyopuyo Ripoff btw) so I guess I didn't really understand the Eggman stuff.

I should brush up on my Sonic knowledge more.

Kinniku Man said:
"Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine" (A total Puyopuyo Ripoff btw)
I don't think you could call it a ripoff, since it's made by the same people. IIRC they thought that Puyo Puyo was too girly to appeal to the vast majority of gamers back than(obviously, little boys).

Uniju said:
Kinniku Man said:
"Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine" (A total Puyopuyo Ripoff btw)
I don't think you could call it a ripoff, since it's made by the same people. IIRC they thought that Puyo Puyo was too girly to appeal to the vast majority of gamers back than(obviously, little boys).
I still have the original Puyo Puyo on SNES. Hardcore stuff bro. Also, IIRC Puyo Puyo was made by Compile, while MBM was made by Sega. What do you mean same people? oO

Ontopic: Oh, it's a WiiWare game.

MBM was developed by Compile.

Ontopic: I hope Knuckles gets in.

What animal would a new character be? Hmm

We already have hedgehog, fox, echidna, cat, rabbit, bat, wolf, bird and probably a few more from obscure characters. I'll say... skunk.

I never knew there was a bat.

Maybe a Squirrel... hmm... (jk)

Actually, no. I'm not too familiar with them Sonic animals.

Didn't you read his post where he stated that he doesn't know much about the series?

Oh, wait...

Kinniku Man said:
It doesn't need a new character, because they're trying to go back to the old games. Obviously, it's target audience is nostalgic fanboys who would be furious if there was anything NEW in it. All three of the original series did introduce new characters, though...

Uniju said:
Reve, they already showed a new version of that logo, and it is Sonic.
Sonic_4_Logo.png

At first it looked purple to me, but when I got closer it turned blue. FREAKY!

Uniju said:
Kinniku Man said:
It doesn't need a new character, because they're trying to go back to the old games. Obviously, it's target audience is nostalgic fanboys who would be furious if there was anything NEW in it. All three of the original series did introduce new characters, though...
Indeed. And I wasn't necessarily suggesting there would be a new one, I was wondering what animal it would be if there were a new character.

So the Sonic the Hedgehog 4 site just updated with a badniks section. So far, only Motobug is there, and it really kind of gets me. Motobug is almost like the Goomba of the Sonic series, only this is probably it's second most significant appearance.

And now, apparently, the Motobug can turn around and chase Sonic, so I guess it's a step just above the Goomba.

It's yet yet another round of Nostalgia vs. Modern stuff, folks...

Guys, you must join me in a movement to start a petition to change Sonic's color to Hot Pink for this upcoming game.

Back