Do you beleive in Jesus?

Do You???

• Yes

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
Just about every religious text does that.

@BLT

That image was rather offensive, please refrain from doing that again in the politest manner I can currently now say. Anyways, the old testament, torah, and hebrew bible are all the same thing, except people who believe in the torah don't believe in Jesus; the chapters are in different order is the difference in each version and a few of them have a few more books in them.

The bible doesn't contradict science, it actually supports science. Here are three:

1. The universe had a beginning is affirmed in Genesis 1:1, 2:4, Isaiah 42:5.

2. The universe is expanding is asserted in Job 9:8, Psalm 104:2, Isaiah 40:22, Isaiah 42:5, Isaiah 44:24, Isaiah 45:12, Isaiah 48:13, Isaiah 51:13, Jeremiah 10:12, Jeremiah 51:15, Zechariah 12:1.

3. The Steady-State Theory is communicated in Genesis 2:3-4.

Remember, this is before science existed.

People keep saying it contradicts science even though most of them, not saying any of you are one of those most, don't have credible reasoning when asked. This type of thinking is traced back to when the Church promoted a geocentric system (believing that we are the center of God's creation then we must be the center of the universe) and anyone who have evidence or theory we are not will be killed. Once it is found out that the planets were in a heliocentric system it was then people began to think about the bible this way, because the pope or the church symbolized themselves as the bible or God.

And on that last part, I'm not really sure what condone means, I looked it up a dictionary and I think this is what you mean (if I'm wrong, may you please reword it if you want or please): so you want innocent people to be killed?

EDIT: Also, the Bible was not written as a work of science nor was its purpose to describe the workings of the physical world. It was written to explain spiritual principles - the nature of mankind, the nature of God, and how people can have a personal relationship with God.

Mutsuki Minase said:
@BLT

That image was rather offensive, please refrain from doing that again in the politest manner I can currently now say.
1. How was it offensive?

2. The Bible claims that Earth has four corners.

3. I said that the Bible condones killing innocents. It does. Have you ever read the story of Sodom?

If it's saying something like "spread your message to the corners of the Earth", that should be taken as a figure of speech.

BLT said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
@BLT

That image was rather offensive, please refrain from doing that again in the politest manner I can currently now say.
1. How was it offensive?

3. I said that the Bible condones killing innocents. It does. Have you ever read the story of Sodom?
1. Facepalming is a gesture of frustration, so your getting mad of me talking to you.

2. The bible uses similes, metaphors, expressions, and parables. That was an expression that they used back then meaning all over the world. Also the bible made clear the Earth is round: Isaiah 40:22 and Job 26:10.

3. I asked you to please rephrase and refrain from using the word "condone" because I'm not sure what that phrase mean. But about Sodom, Sodom was incredibly corrupted by sin and adultery (e.i. sex with cousins, sex kids, sex relatives, sex with parents, sex with animals, and so on). The word "sodomy" comes from the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Well sorry to break up this nice conversation but I just wanted to tell you that "Condone" is basically the opposite of "Condemn".

Mutsuki Minase said:
BLT said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
@BLT

1. How was it offensive?

1. Facepalming is a gesture of frustration, so your getting mad of me talking to you.

2. The bible uses similes, metaphors, expressions, and parables. That was an expression that they used back then meaning all over the world. Also the bible made clear the Earth is round: Isaiah 40:22 and Job 26:10.

3. I asked you to please rephrase and refrain from using the word "condone" because I'm not sure what that phrase mean. But about Sodom, Sodom was incredibly corrupted by sin and adultery (e.i. sex with cousins, sex kids, sex relatives, sex with parents, sex with animals, and so on). The word "sodomy" comes from the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.
1. I'm not mad at you (BTW what I say is not directed personally to you, but the whole religious community).

2. Isaiah 40:22 says the Earth is flat because a circle is a flat geometrical figure.

3. So they destroyed the whole town...? Including the victims of the aforementioned acts?

BLT said:
3. So they destroyed the whole town...? Including the victims of the aforementioned acts?
God was pretty metal back then. He mellowed out a bit in the New Testament.

BLT said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
BLT said:
Mutsuki Minase said:
@BLT

1. How was it offensive?

1. I'm not mad at you (BTW what I say is not directed personally to you, but the whole religious community).

2. Isaiah 40:22 says the Earth is flat because a circle is a flat geometrical figure.

2. The english NIV has terrible translation, actually I think all the english bibles have a bad translation. It varies in the many versions of the bible in english since they were translated from Arabic, Greek, and Hebrew. But here are other verses that support the claim Prov 8:27 and Amos 9:6. Also, there is no evidence at all of when the term "sphere" was coined so it could of been before or after; and maybe in Hebrew or Arabic the term "circle" could also meant "sphere" back then.

3. Everybody was corrupt and immoral and also they have been warned way too many times by God himself and people He sent over the centuries about their impending doom if they continue that.

BLT said:
Herr Shyguy said:
BLT said:
Yeah he had a bug up his ass.
Please be more appropriate and less offensive or else I'll have to report this to a staff on offending other's beliefs.

I don't see very much wrong with the NIV. I do prefer the regular King James, but I've looked at New King James, American Standard and a few others and they're all pretty close. Just dumbed down a little.

Mutsuki Minase said:
or else I'll have to report this to a staff
That's weak. The report system isn't for threatening people.

Mutsuki Minase said:
BLT said:
Herr Shyguy said:
BLT said:
Yeah he had a bug up his ass.
Please be more appropriate and less offensive or else I'll have to report this to a staff on offending other's beliefs.
Go ahead man. I'm not trying to aggravate you or provoke you, but it is my belief that what I said falls under the rules. In other news, you double posted, which is against the rules. :P

Anyway, wouldn't God want to preserve his holy text instead of making all of the English translations suck?

I'll remember next time to edit a post instead of double posting, but really I was being serious.

What do you mean in the second part?

"actually I think all the english bibles have a bad translation"
Wouldn't God make his "holy word" more accessible to those who speak English?

"but I was really being serious."
That's absurd. Just because I said that God has a bug up his ass you'll report me to a mod for offending your views? Where in the rules justifies that? Go ahead, but I don't think you'll find much success.

Crackin355 said:
I dont believe in Jesus, I'm Christian but I beleive its all fake.

Wait, a Christian who doesn't believe in Jesus?

Well ok then.

This thread borders on the brink of a flame war...Zero needs to be less sensitive and BLT or Clay Mario, you could be less aggressive and offensive. I enjoy intelligent debates, and if this simply turns into a hate on the other side thread...

And I'm pretty sure that language is against the rules outside of Mindless Junk. EDIT: Read Smasher's post, read the rules, it's allowed. Sorry Zero.

On topic:
Sodom and Gomorrah were definitely evil, no doubt about it. In fact, I believe Abraham bargained with God so that if there were only ten righteous people in Sodom, God would not destroy it. That means that there were less than ten people in the entire city who actually cared about doing the right thing. Even Vegas isn't that bad. The Bible also says that only Lot and his family were righteous in the city, and even Lot's wife wanted to go back to Sodom (hence the pillar of salt).

Dr. Javelin said:
And I'm pretty sure that language is against the rules outside of Mindless Junk.

No, it's allowed.

</off-topic>

Figment said:
Well, either way, language is censored here, except for the minor cusswords.

You can turn autocensor off in your profile.

(Don't worry, I won't go off-topic again, I just wanted to point that out.)

Dr. Javelin said:
This thread borders on the brink of a flame war...Zero needs to be less sensitive and BLT or Clay Mario, you could be less aggressive and offensive. I enjoy intelligent debates, and if this simply turns into a hate on the other side thread...
Offensiveness is purely subjective.

Back