What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

I just saw Barbie: Star Light Adventure, which I had borrowed from a library today (Or yesterday, since it's past midnight where I live at the moment). It was a pretty good movie, and it is amazing to see how far Universal has come in animating their Barbie films, especially in comparison to their older Barbie films (which I think still looked pretty)

And since Barbie portrays a version of herself in the movie (Unlike a majority of the older Barbie movies) I would consider the movie and its universe to be a Barbie AU.

But the main menu, on the other hand, is sort of unfitting and kind of bland for a 2016 movie. It's just promotional artwork for the movie, with background music playing. The buttons have no labels, either, so it's hard to know which one leads to where.
image.png

And the DVD came in Blu-Ray packaging with, of course, the Blu-Ray version (I don't have a Blu-Ray player), and also Barbie: Dreamtopia on DVD, so I might watch that sometime soon.

I mostly grew up with the Barbie fairytale movies from the 2000s, and I even have some game adaptations for the PC and DS, too.

I kind of find it amazingly jaw-dropping that the Barbie CGI movie series had a futuristic sci-fi movie after many years of mostly fairytale movies and such.

Baby Driver

Watched it on the plane flying to Dubai.

Great movie.
It's still pretty upsetting to see some good characters die
, but the villain's death has never been this satisfying.

Also, I like the story, that's another point the movie is good at.

dude use a spoiler tag

Julia-BM said:
But the main menu, on the other hand, is sort of unfitting and kind of bland for a 2016 movie. It's just promotional artwork for the movie, with background music playing. The buttons have no labels, either, so it's hard to know which one leads to where.
image.png

Not as bad as the Despicable Me 2 menu.

Julia-BM said:
I mostly grew up with the Barbie fairytale movies from the 2000s, and I even have some game adaptations for the PC and DS, too.

I kind of find it amazingly jaw-dropping that the Barbie CGI movie series had a futuristic sci-fi movie after many years of mostly fairytale movies and such.
did you ever play the PC secret agent barbie game

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

My first time seeing it. i went to tone of those thing where they plan the movie on a screen but they have actors on a stage recreating moments as they happen and providing some commentary and interjections. A friend of mine was actually one of the performers.

At the box office they drew a big "V" on my forehead because I was a Rocky virgin.

Shadowshy said:
Julia-BM said:

did you ever play the PC secret agent barbie game
Oh, that one from 2002? Nope. But these are my Barbie games:

• My PC games
    • Barbie as Rapunzel: A Creative Adventure (The Dutch version)
    • Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses
    • Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus (I don't remember it's gameplay. And I think my copy of the movie is in another castle.)
    • Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper (I think my copy of the game is in another castle)

• My Nintendo DS games
      • Barbie as the Island Princess
      • Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses

I just watched the Barbie: Dreamtopia disc that came with Barbie: Star Light Adventure. It was decent.

The CGI looks cel-shaded at times, and there are audio spikes, here and there (Some scenes are louder than the rest of the film).

It felt more like a featurette for a 43-minute movie, And the main menu was even more generic than that of Starlight Adventure.

image.jpg

The menu had no music (If I'm not mistaken), and if there was, then I can't remember it.

And you can't even select scenes (Even though it somewhat makes sense for a 43-minute movie) or select to have subtitles! (And I'm the person who always turns subtitles on, so I can understand what some characters might be saying, or to know how to spell a character's name correctly)

Don't get me wrong, but I did enjoy this film. The Dreamtopia web series on the Barbie YouTube channel is great, too.

Last night I rewatched one of my childhood favorites; Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005). Man, I haven't noticed how well-detailed the story is and how beautifully done the movie is, until the rewatch.

That movie must be pretty high-budget. It's just incredible.

From Dusk Till Dawn

a stripper shoves her foot into quentin tarantino's mouth and he sucks the alcohol off it 10/10

Yesterday I borrowed Barbie: Video Game Hero from a a library, and watched it before bed.

It was great. I may or may not get this doll of Barbie from the movie, that, among other things, comes with two adorable minifigures of pixel versions of two characters. (Man, where can I get them separately?)

I also would love to wear Barbie's shirt from that doll (Which of course, she wears in the movie), and I think I might have liked this movie better than Barbie: Starlight Adventure.

Back