What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Mai Mai Miracle

Finding Dori - It was okay.

Admittedly I kinda prefer Finding Nemo more, but it was a fun little adventure watching Dori track down her long lost parents. I really like Hank just because of how fed up with it all he sounds and also those sea lions were funny too, Dori's voice got a little bit on my nerves though especially around the end.

I've been binging a lot of animated Disney movies recently since I haven't been to a movie theater for roughly six years now and haven't been keeping up with modern movies, I plan to watch Big Hero 6, Frozen and Moana next just to see what the fuss is about. (If anyone has any recommendations for any other worthwhile animated films released within the 2010s I'd be happy to hear them. Trying to catch up a bit lol.)

Marie the best squid said:
Finding Dori - It was okay.

Admittedly I kinda prefer Finding Nemo more, but it was a fun little adventure watching Dori track down her long lost parents. I really like Hank just because of how fed up with it all he sounds and also those sea lions were funny too, Dori's voice got a little bit on my nerves though especially around the end.

I've been binging a lot of animated Disney movies recently since I haven't been to a movie theater for roughly six years now and haven't been keeping up with modern movies, I plan to watch Big Hero 6, Frozen and Moana next just to see what the fuss is about. (If anyone has any recommendations for any other worthwhile animated films released within the 2010s I'd be happy to hear them. Trying to catch up a bit lol.)
watch Tangled

shit was hilarious

Marie the best squid said:
(If anyone has any recommendations for any other worthwhile animated films released within the 2010s I'd be happy to hear them. Trying to catch up a bit lol.)
the tale of the princess kaguya
the lego movie
anomalisa
it's such a beautiful day
world of tomorrow (15 minute short on netflix)
from up on poppy hill
garden of words
song of the sea
your name

adding to that:
when marnie was there
in this corner of the world
the wind rises
wolf children
miss hokusai

Daryl Dixon said:
watch Tangled

*bleep* was hilarious

I've seen Tangled when it was aired on Disney XD some time ago.

Gonta Gokuhara said:
the tale of the princess kaguya
the lego movie
anomalisa
it's such a beautiful day
world of tomorrow (15 minute short on netflix)
from up on poppy hill
garden of words
song of the sea
your name
Uniju said:
adding to that:
when marnie was there
in this corner of the world
the wind rises
wolf children
miss hokusai

Alrighty, I added them to my "to watch" list.

Koyaanisqatsi

Further proof that I'll love anything as long as you tell me it's artsy and a classic.

I've recently seen three Asterix movies and I have no idea why the series isn't any more popular in the US, the books are really funny and some of the movies do a good job with translating the humor to the screen

Admittedly, the Asterix film where they land in America (Asterix Conquers America) is probably the weakest one I've seen thus far and that was the one that had attempted interest in getting an American audience but it never properly took off, probably because I felt myself the film was weaker compared to say, Asterix in Britain or Asterix and the Vikings. I feel like they arrive in America far too late in the film, and the Native Americans aren't interesting characters, considering that they don't really interact with Asterix and Obelix aside from a few shenanigans here and there.

I think my favorite movie thus far is the 2014 one, Asterix: The Mansions of the Gods, though I haven't watched the most popular, Asterix and Cleopatra yet. I really hope the people behind that one make another movie in the future, I really enjoyed it, its 3D animation, and most importantly its humor.

Pixels

If you happen to know me well, I like video game references, and that movie revolves around video games, sooo...

It had its moments, some of them were hilarious, gotta give them that.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

90 minutes of my life i'm never getting back

Back