What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

supermariofan said:
oh my god those videos make me want to punch a wall

12 Angry Men

Gripping and incredibly well-told.

Princess Mononoke

Having seen it a second time, I found it much more moving.

Any Given Sunday

Really underrated and one of the only football movies I actually enjoy next to Remember the Titans and Invictus (Rugby is football right?)

My only major complaint is how incredibly distracting and how in your face the editing is

Lawrence of Arabia

Admittedly, I wasn't feeling well and by the three and a half hour mark my eyes were strained so hard that it literally hurt to look at the screen and I had to go to sleep as soon as it ended because I was feeling so awful. That said, it was still a wonderful film, just too damn long.

Nabber said:
Lawrence of Arabia

Admittedly, I wasn't feeling well and by the three and a half hour mark my eyes were strained so hard that it literally hurt to look at the screen and I had to go to sleep as soon as it ended because I was feeling so awful. That said, it was still a wonderful film, just too damn long.

Go and watch the full movie Ben Hur then

that's what I did, and never will I do it again.

technically lawrence of arabia is longer but only by a few minuets

lawrence of arabia, gone with the wind, and kill bill are the longest movies i've ever seen

Nabber said:

lawrence of arabia, gone with the wind, and kill bill are the longest movies i've ever seen

I've never seen Kill Bill, is it that long? EDIT: Oh theres a version thats both parts in one.

Also Ben Hur felt like an eternity to me already, I never want to see Gone with the Wind lol.

Freakworld said:
Nabber said:

I've never seen Kill Bill, is it that long?

Also Ben Hur felt like an eternity to me already, I never want to see Gone with the Wind lol.
kill bill is ~4 hours long, but a decent amount of it is credits so it's probably closer to the 3hr 45 minute mark

of course, it was split into two volumes for theatrical release, but the only true way to watch it is all at once

supermariofan said:
This movie is like American Psycho except without the "funny moments"

I really want to go see Nightcrawler, but I have no one to see it with... The good news is that I should be going to see The Theory of Everything tomorrow.

How do you see so many movies???

Nabber said:
supermariofan said:
This movie is like American Psycho except without the "funny moments"

I really want to go see Nightcrawler, but I have no one to see it with... The good news is that I should be going to see The Theory of Everything tomorrow.

How do you see so many movies???
I just love movies, I even love to talk about shitty ones (I.e. Haunted House 2, Transformers Age of Extinction, Ouija and Left Behind)

yeah but still, how many movies have you seen in theaters this year?

The Theory of Everything

Overall it was good, but it dragged on too long and felt somewhat uninspired.

Back