What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)

Very very good film. Outstanding performances, complex story, elaborate cinematography. Of course, it's going to win Emmanuel Lubezki an Oscar again, beating out Hoyte van Hoytema (who I think is more deserving) for the second year in a row. I can't decide if it's a 9 or a 10, the movie requires a lot of thought.

Not a big fan of the soundtrack, though.

Nabber said:
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)

Very very good film. Outstanding performances, complex story, elaborate cinematography. Of course, it's going to win Emmanuel Lubezki an Oscar again, beating out Hoyte van Hoytema (who I think is more deserving) for the second year in a row. I can't decide if it's a 9 or a 10, the movie requires a lot of thought.
This is my second most anticipated movie of the year next to Boyhood (which btw is still my favorite of the year) but it's still not playing near me or on my phone! :mad:

supermariofan said:
This is my second most anticipated movie of the year next to Boyhood (which btw is still my favorite of the year) but it's still not playing near me or on my phone! :mad:
If a movie is in theaters, don't pirate it. At least wait until it's out of theaters and available in high quality if you're going to pirate it at all. And even then, do it only if you're unable to see it in theaters.

Nabber said:
supermariofan said:
If a movie is in theaters, don't pirate it. At least wait until it's out of theaters and available in high quality if you're going to pirate it at all. And even then, do it only if you're unable to see it in theaters.

pretty sure he can do what he wants.

Although bootleg movies are never enjoyable.

well yeah, he can do what he wants. theoretically i could murder a person if that was what i wanted. i don't get your point

Nabber said:
well yeah, he can do what he wants. theoretically i could murder a person if that was what i wanted. i don't get your point

Because it sounded like you were telling him what to do.

i'm telling him, from one movie-lover to another, what i think is morally right. obviously i can't tell him what to do

Nabber said:
i'm telling him, from one movie-lover to another, what i think is morally right. obviously i can't tell him what to do

oh okay.

Life of Pi

Lmao right when the part with the Tiger started I was like "The plot twist is gonna be that there never was a Tiger."

Aaaand I was right.

Also I laughed way too hard when I found out that the Hyena was the cook.

And the cook was Gérard Depardieu

Idk that just made the whole thing 10000x better for no reason.

Freakworld said:
Life of Pi

Lmao right when the part with the Tiger started I was like "The plot twist is gonna be that there never was a Tiger."

Aaaand I was right.

Shyamalan was supposed to direct this. *sigh* If only that was him holding that Oscar. I'm not saying Ang Lee did a terrible job, he did fantastic, I just wish it was Shyamalan though

supermariofan said:
Freakworld said:
Life of Pi

Aaaand I was right.

Shyamalan was supposed to direct this. *sigh* If only that was him holding that Oscar. I'm not saying Ang Lee did a terrible job, he did fantastic, I just wish it was Shyamalan though

I've read that, he's said something along the lines of "people would know what to expect if I directed it."

... well hes kinda right tbh.

12 Monkeys

That was confusing.

I laughed when it was revealed, that the Army of the 12 Monkeys had absolutely nothing to do with the actual virus outbreak.

Was pretty great imo though.

2001: A Space Odyssey

I thought it was great, though I feel like the ending wasn't as good as the rest of the movie.

Freakworld said:
Ech

So we have a school excursion on saturday the eighth november

which is coincidentally the day the cinema near my house shows a double feature of Inception and Interstellar

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Good news, I'm actually ill right now so I have an excuse to not tag along on that excursion!

Da_Bob-omb said:
Freakworld said:
Da_Bob-omb said:
Annabelle, which is about some haunted doll. Like most horror movies, it was pretty lame, but not on "garbage" levels like Crocodile or Crocodile 2.

Watch The Conjuring, which is it's prequel.

It's pretty decent I'd say.
Cool, I'll check it out. So The Conjuring is better than Annabelle?

probably

I mean I haven't watched Anabelle but judging from the reviews I'd say it is.

Horns

The book's much better, though the movie's good.

okay but am i the only person who didn't find the movie that confusing

it all seemed pretty logical, the only confusing part was maybe the singularity stuff

its just that i made the mistake to actually go watch a 3-hour long theatre play of Faust (by a famous german poet) (of the shakespearen sort only less entertaining) and Inception before this.

By the way Inception in a theatre is 10x better than normal

like oh my god

Back