the official "u did it" thread

Accidentally discovered a nudist beach not far from home.

I'm a shift manager now :posh:

actually i earned it a month ago but i didnt post about it yet

Wrote congress about upholding net neutrality. After which I convinced both my mom, dad, and older sister to do the same. Mom even started sharing the info on Facebook. When I go back to work on Monday I'm going to try and convince my fellow managers and employees to write.

I can't do much but at least I did something.

This was the other day, but my mom and I donated $50 to the dachshund rescue of South Florida. :) It was for a paralyzed dog named Zale.

Finally got a proper SNES/N64/GameCube AV Composite Cable for my GameCube. It's a third party one so I hope it works.

I looked into going back to school. It's almost a year before I can even start, but I'm looking forward to it. Hoping to start socializing IRL again, take another multimedia class (it was named something different that I forget, but it was pretty similar to multimedia which is the class I learned a lot about Photoshop and Premiere)

Roll and Maria Renard said:
Finally got a proper SNES/N64/GameCube AV Composite Cable for my GameCube. It's a third party one so I hope it works.

As it turns out, the cable works. I tried at school at lunch time.

At work got to learn how to set up DLC for one of our games on Steam nobody in the company had done it before so yay new knowledge

I finally got Garry's Mod. It was gifted to me by a friend.

Two major bits of news in my life:

1. I plan on going back to college at some point this year to become a veterinary assistant.

2. We are adopting a new dachshund puppy sometime this weekend. Her name will be Dorothy Rey. She will join three other dogs and two cats.

i've been doing temporary full-time over the last few months to help with holidays, but they've decided to make me perma full-time so that's nice. Starts on my birthday so it comes bundled with a pay rise \o/

Finally presented my Mario Food Preparation comic PSA as part of my media studies class.

Doctor Worm said:
Lauren Mayberry said:
Lauren Mayberry said:
Been really unhappy with myself and my weight lately so I took the initiative yesterday to finally kick my ass and do something about it. Starting to cut back on the amount of food I eat, and trying to cut back on unhealthy food in general. Went out and got some fruits and veggies to snack on rather and snacked on those instead of chips and stuff. Taking my walking more seriously every day and am fully committed to drinking water basically 24/7 unless I need to have something else. Going to start getting into some other physical activities before long (between exercising and/or just finding something I like to do, like shoot some basketball or something). Feeling really good about myself truthfully and hoping I can keep this up. :boo:

It's been a little while since this post but I have lost about 5 and a half pounds and I am below 190 for the first time in a couple of months (should be close to a year, admittedly). It's taking time but it's progress and I'm super excited and happy with myself and cannot wait to continue! :boo:

UPDATE 2 - Electric Boogaloo: I am super excited to say that, a month later since the OP, that I have officially lost over 10 pounds as of today!! Almost below 180 (currently weighing in at 183.5, so will definitely take a few more days - for the record, started at about 194.8 at the time of the OP)!! I'm so flippin' happy and feeling so much better with myself and here's to another 10! :boo:

Also, I am willing to vouch that clementines are the best tasting food ever. They're so stinkin GOOD

Hi. So, um, this. Losing weight is something I have not necessarily been paying AS MUCH attention to recently, it's just something I've kind of pushed to the back because college has taken up a lot of my priorities. But I have somehow continued to do it. I am now down to 156.7, as of this morning, which is the lowest I have been in absolutely forever. I feel great and I'm kickin' ass. :boo:

Back