the official "u did it" thread

I got my own Cappy, woohoo!

Cleaned out laptop and ditched Chrome for FireFox after getting fed up with a few syncing issues.

So yesterday, I did well on my first day at my co-op placement at Pizza Hut. It was cool.

Now, I have my own phone and a phone number.

Tomorrow we will welcome Hank Dougie Jones the orange cat to the family, and on Saturday, we will be picking up Winnie the golden-doodle from the Providence airport! Pictures to come soon, will post in the pets thread.

Flushed this bug down the toilet for about the millionth time already.
I've enclosed a shitty Paint.NET drawing for you all to identify it.
It's way too small to be a roach.
vrjO8lQ.png

Finally got my Marie amiibo in the mail.

07GMLgj.jpg

worked 47 hours this week

boss' boss was coming in so i worked a little extra because their plans fell through when some of the juniors flaked.

fortunately that means i only have to do 29 next week. also I got moved back into the meat department for an unexplained reason, it sucks because it's meat but i might actually be able to get some decent sleep now that I'm not doing midnight finish shifts one half of the week and 6am starts the other.

I got my first translation assignment!

Went to an escape room today - we didn't make it out but we got close.

After that I went to a park to watch some fireworks.

Took a while but I finally got my Silver Award for the Duke of Edinburgh. The actual expedition was three days and two nights of travelling, cooking and camping (in July), plus 9 months of volunteering, sport and working in an education-type business. It's easily the most challenging thing I've done in my life, but it's such a great personal accomplishment.

Angie Yonaga said:
Discord said:
Captain's log
08-30-17
I'M OFFICIALLY A SPORTS REPORTER FOR MY UNIVERSITY'S NEWPAPER
NEWSPAPER*
GOOD START I CAN'T EVEN SPELL NEWSPAPER
I ALSO OFFICIALLY HAVE MY OWN 2-HOUR RADIO SHOW ON CAMPUS RADIO WHERE I'LL BE PLAYING A SHITTON OF MUSIC WITH A COMMUNICATIONS BUDDY OF MINE FROM 8-10 PM EVERY WEDNESDAY NIGHT
LET'S GOOOOOOO
We still gotta figure out the specifics of how we're gonna do our radio show and how we're gonna divvy up our music and who plays what and what we're playing but I'm super excited and I want to start working on playlists as soon as I'm done history homework
:eek:k_hand:
We're also set up to go on a field trip in October up to Burlington to visit like 2 radio stations and one TV station where they're going to be doing a live broadcast and stuff
Super fuckin excited for that
Oh yeah our radio show starts next week so we're being thrown in the fire QUICKLY
There's a link where you can livestream it so I'll be sharing that whenever but the first week maaayyy be a little rough for everyone so we'll see lmaooo
So for journalism we have to write like 5 stories over the semester
The first story is given to us by our professor and the advisor to the newspaper and we're supposed to be given it this Friday so we can decide everything we want to do
We have a lot of time to work on this first one because the first issue of the year doesn't come out until October 12th
Every other story we only have a 2 week window to work
We alternate between 1800-word stories and 1000-word stories
Our last 4 stories are all entirely up to us then

TWO AND A HALF MONTHS LATER

Radio show is going super well! We're ten shows in and we both plan to continue our show into next semester as well. We've had like oooone slip-up over the ten weeks but so far we're still going super strong!

In terms of journalism, we are now three stories in, and all three of my stories have been published in our university newspaper, with the fourth story due tomorrow night/Monday morning. My first and third stories both received 100%'s from my professor, which is honestly incredibly rare to get from him because he's a very strict grader and hardly ever gives out perfect scores. I've officially become known as the curve-wrecker in my journalism class and literally everyone hates me and my best friend, who's in the class, reminds me of it almost every single time I see her. I posted a collage pic on my Instagram of the first story in the newspaper so here's that:

22430458_539969973002209_2033912085489909760_n.jpg

I updated my MAL to be mildly up to date (forgot the exact episodes i were on on the 43523 animes that i have on hold)

shoutouts to lord bowser, we need to continue watching konosuba 2 at some point

Yay for all Australian states voting in favour of same sex marriage!

Opening night for show was a success! The audience was very engrossed and I'm happy to say that the scenes I was in were the most positively received.

got a key card to access to my school's gender-neutral washroom

i feel terrible using the women's and can't go to the men's for harassment concerns and bc i don't pass lol oops

but it's a good feeling!!!

Back