the official "u did it" thread

The world may never know :boshi:

I'm working in the meat department temporarily since the meat manager hurt his back. It's only the second day and he's praising me like you wouldn't believe. Like shit dude, it doesn't take a genius to ask questions and put stuff on a shelf, I'm just not a dumbass.

I'll take it though.

Earned mod in Nathaniel Bandy's YouTube streams. The guy averages about 350 watching at once and he has over 135 thousand subscribers, so it's really honoring to be modded by my favorite YouTuber :)

never knew that youtube can have mods for specific channels.

I've made friends with a lovely Indian girl at my uni. She's come out to Australia on her own knowing nobody, and she's only been here a month and a half now. I've helped her with a couple of assignments and helped eased a lot of confusion about how the work should be written and submitted. She said I was her first friend in Australia actually! Ever since she's arrived, she's been stressing a lot about finding a job (because her savings from India isn't worth a lot in our currency). She applied for hundreds of jobs without much success.

I was able to recommend her to my dad who runs a hotel in Melbourne. Today she had her interview, and was pretty much told she's got the job. So she called me right afterward almost in tears of joy! It warms me to know that I've been able to help somebody in a big way during the biggest change in their life so far.

Started my first proper project on these forums.
Strap yourself in and prepare for some very, very bad drawings!

My final 10th grade report card came in the mail today.

I got straight A's this year!

Discord said:
Captain's log
08-30-17
I'M OFFICIALLY A SPORTS REPORTER FOR MY UNIVERSITY'S NEWPAPER
NEWSPAPER*
GOOD START I CAN'T EVEN SPELL NEWSPAPER
I ALSO OFFICIALLY HAVE MY OWN 2-HOUR RADIO SHOW ON CAMPUS RADIO WHERE I'LL BE PLAYING A SHITTON OF MUSIC WITH A COMMUNICATIONS BUDDY OF MINE FROM 8-10 PM EVERY WEDNESDAY NIGHT
LET'S GOOOOOOO
We still gotta figure out the specifics of how we're gonna do our radio show and how we're gonna divvy up our music and who plays what and what we're playing but I'm super excited and I want to start working on playlists as soon as I'm done history homework
:eek:k_hand:
We're also set up to go on a field trip in October up to Burlington to visit like 2 radio stations and one TV station where they're going to be doing a live broadcast and stuff
Super fuckin excited for that
Oh yeah our radio show starts next week so we're being thrown in the fire QUICKLY
There's a link where you can livestream it so I'll be sharing that whenever but the first week maaayyy be a little rough for everyone so we'll see lmaooo
So for journalism we have to write like 5 stories over the semester
The first story is given to us by our professor and the advisor to the newspaper and we're supposed to be given it this Friday so we can decide everything we want to do
We have a lot of time to work on this first one because the first issue of the year doesn't come out until October 12th
Every other story we only have a 2 week window to work
We alternate between 1800-word stories and 1000-word stories
Our last 4 stories are all entirely up to us then

Re: the official "you did it" thread

I got a haircut. I didn't want one and I don't like it, but I got it.

Met Fanta. She's pretty sweet. Pun not intended.

Back