the official "u did it" thread

Re: Please discuss your recent wonderful accomplishments here

a desktop pc that's super slow and old

Re: Please discuss your recent wonderful accomplishments here

I went to Grant's Farm today and got the oppurtunity to pet my favorite horse species of all time. That was neat.

I also fed a goat.

i finally understand one of the previous names of this thread

"see its like i could have a leg in one hand and a BRERB in the other"

Sapphire said:
Isn't it from the Fresh Prince of Bell-air?
It's from Dikekike's YouTube Poop The Fesh Pince of Blair

The full quote is
To me, heaven is a cross between a Dikekike video and chicken and winnigish. See, it's like I could have a leg in one hand, and a BRERB in the other!

Last night I slipped in a puddle of water on the kitchen floor and gored my knee open and had to get 12 stitches.

It was pretty nasty: 10 cm wide - the whole damn kneecap covering, pretty much, but thankfully no muscles or tendons were severed so no crippling will result, just scarring. Fortunately it happened at 1 AM ish, so the roads were clear and emergency was pretty slow and I was back home by 4. I felt bad about depriving my mom of sleep, but it was an interesting experience, from the panicked "oh shit" reaction (a mix of rational "gotta go to wake up mom to drive me to the hospital and get stitches" to the irrational "must hold the skin together by hand since if I let it stay separated for even one minute it'll clot down there and never heal properly!!11!!"), to the adrenaline rush that got me up the stairs to wake up my parents (a mix of profanity, moaning and apologies for the inconvenience), to the low blood pressure crash that followed (dunno how low it went, but I probably would have fainted or had temporarily blindness had I not been sitting on the floor already, and by the time I got to the Emergency room it was only up to 60/40 - I was apparently white as a ghost), to getting wheeled around on a stretcher, to watching the stitching process itself (never had to get them before - reminds me of sewing up a net at my bird research job, but gorier).

My mom and I forgot to bring books, tho, so there was also a lot of boring waiting around and making idle chit-chat too. For a gaping hole, it didn't actually hurt too terribly much (despite also forgetting to take any painkillers) or bleed that excessively: it stung more than anything else, like a fire ant bite, and wiggling my toes helped keep it under control, although once they started washing out the wound, that hurt (couldn't stop the leg from tensing up and shuddering) and the freezing didn't take everywhere - but even then the stitching was no worse than any old needle (and the really ravaged chunk of skin did go numb, at least). Now my leg's just achy since I can't bend it too much; a little cut I also got on the bottom of my other foot's heel at the same time is actually much more painful now for walking on - gotta go digitigrade for the time being. And try to minimize stair climbing, ugh, so tedious.

EDIT: Spoke too soon - the knee's starting to sting again, argh.

Walkazo said:
Last night I slipped in a puddle of water on the kitchen floor and gored my knee open and had to get 12 stitches.

It was pretty nasty: 10 cm wide - the whole dang kneecap covering, pretty much, but thankfully no muscles or tendons were severed so no crippling will result, just scarring. Fortunately it happened at 1 AM ish, so the roads were clear and emergency was pretty slow and I was back home by 4. I felt bad about depriving my mom of sleep, but it was an interesting experience, from the panicked "oh *bleep*" reaction (a mix of rational "gotta go to wake up mom to drive me to the hospital and get stitches" to the irrational "must hold the skin together by hand since if I let it stay separated for even one minute it'll clot down there and never heal properly!!11!!"), to the adrenaline rush that got me up the stairs to wake up my parents (a mix of profanity, moaning and apologies for the inconvenience), to the low blood pressure crash that followed (dunno how low it went, but I probably would have fainted or had temporarily blindness had I not been sitting on the floor already, and by the time I got to the Emergency room it was only up to 60/40 - I was apparently white as a ghost), to getting wheeled around on a stretcher, to watching the stitching process itself (never had to get them before - reminds me of sewing up a net at my bird research job, but gorier).

My mom and I forgot to bring books, tho, so there was also a lot of boring waiting around and making idle chit-chat too. For a gaping hole, it didn't actually hurt too terribly much (despite also forgetting to take any painkillers) or bleed that excessively: it stung more than anything else, like a fire ant bite, and wiggling my toes helped keep it under control, although once they started washing out the wound, that hurt (couldn't stop the leg from tensing up and shuddering) and the freezing didn't take everywhere - but even then the stitching was no worse than any old needle (and the really ravaged chunk of skin did go numb, at least). Now my leg's just achy since I can't bend it too much; a little cut I also got on the bottom of my other foot's heel at the same time is actually much more painful now for walking on - gotta go digitigrade for the time being. And try to minimize stair climbing, ugh, so tedious.

EDIT: Spoke too soon - the knee's starting to sting again, argh.
Ouch! Are you fine now?

Well, I'm in constant pain and have a bad limp and it looks terrible, but it's not infected as far as I can tell and the doctors were happy with the stitches, so I'll have faith that it'll heal properly, and that's all that matters in the end.

I got tickets to my first concert. Three artists/bands are going to be which are Matt Nathanson, Train, and (don't try to get too jealous Y876) The Fray. I would probably die fangirling if Nathanson sing Come on Get High or if Train sings Drops of Jupiter.

i got banned from miiverse
they dug through my posts from like the past 3 months and removed all the "questionable" ones
i'm laughing

I like how they couldn't even be bothered to change "singe".

The monkey mode in Prime Hunters was its most popular feature

So I go to school for the first time this week, turns out my English teacher marked my coursework and it was so good she gave it to the entire class on Monday, before I even saw my corrected work.

It was so freaky, I literally got my marked coursework from a friend at form time, not even from her.

idk how to feel

Back