the official "u did it" thread

Re: pretend you did (x) thing in the past few weeks and try to call it noteworthy

I ate dinner with my whole family. It sounds like a simple thing but it's so rare for this to happen nowadays that this was noteworthy for me. It was nice.

Re: pretend you did (x) thing in the past few weeks and try to call it noteworthy

i dont think i know anyone that still eats dinner with the whole family together at the table so good work

I got a call from Target yesterday and am going in for an interview tomorrow morning~

My family we all sit around the tv and eat together

Got stuck on a fanmade action RPG project I'm developing. Seems I must load every map in a physics editor, where every tile is by default set to impassible. So after an hour of making tiles passable I playtested the level, noticed a mistake, and reopened it in the physics editor...only to find every tile reset to default...

This'll take a while.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
So I've tried installing Steam today

turns out that Steam does not want to connect to its server through a proxy such as in my school network even if it was technically possible (bc i can)

instead we have to tunnel the proxy and make steam believe it connects directly to its server

so me and another guy dig up a program that does precisely that, only problem is that it wont work even not after looking up a complex tutorial.

also turns out that ofc you need to configure som .msi network settings to get the thing to work

and heres the problem

the program wants you to restart to apply the changes

but when you restart the pc MySHN deletes and resets all of those configurements (i have already moved all the installation files of minecraft steam etc to my own private account but .msi settings always get resetted no matter what).

So there is a way to prevent MySHN from booting by entering the password in the 3 secs before it boots to get to a menu from where you can start without synchronisation

and i happen to have that password

BUT

the keyboards in our school do not work/are not configured to work before the actual system boots.

And thats where i am right now, keyboard wont work so i cant enter the password. meh.

Next thing ill try is bring my usb keyboard from home and try to preconfigure it, or else bring up the BIOS and do some shit idek.
The guy who sat next to me had the fabulous idea of just manually connecting to a VPN past the proxy server of our school.

That instantly solved all of our problems. We were able to view any website thus effectively voiding the webfilter, and we were able to connect to our steam accounts.

However the problem is that as soon as you disconnect from the vpn steam kicks you out (well the shop and the library still work as long as youve loaded them once with the VPN on).

HOWEVER, if you start a download with the vpn on it somehow continues past that. The pc for some reason didnt want to start the pac-man game thats currently free (i donwloaded it and it just wouldnt start), but the guy next to me had super meat boy installed on his usb driver and he managed to boot it via steam.

so basically all we have to do is install whatever shit we want onto an usb driver and boot it on the school pc from our steam accounts.

idk if online play works but most likely seeing as it uses a similar port to what steam connects through and we were also able to circumvent that.

I saw a production of Julius Ceaser at the Globe Theater

so after sport, we all went to eat on the grass in the park, and while I was drinking Fanta by friend said that I had a nice body. All the fanta up the nose.

I've somehow managed to completely not go on this website at all yesterday

I don't even.

Did you miss it? Did you miss us?

Mario4Ever said:
Did you miss it? Did you miss us?

Eeeh I just kinda wondered how I completely forgot about this place for like 24 hours.

you kidding? i do it all the time

nobody really notices when i leave for a day or two

it was harder before, but this place has become a lot quieter recently, and i guess it's just much easier for me in my old age to take a quick look every now and then to see how you all are, and answer your posts with offensive slurs and stuff

i could just as easily retire, and you guys'd probably only notice about a month after

Mycroft Holmes said:
but this place has become a lot quieter recently

???

idk where you usually hang out but I haven't noticed any difference from back in '12

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Mycroft Holmes said:
???

idk where you usually hang out but I haven't noticed any difference from back in '12
we haven't had much drama of any kind, which makes it pretty quiet

Javelin said:
Dr. John H. Watson said:
Mycroft Holmes said:
???

we haven't had much drama of any kind, which makes it pretty quiet

well the only thing that has become quieter arguably is the smash forums bc there isnt an user with notriously bad opinions running around anymore (except for me, that is.)

I went shopping on a sunday

KtMQb7U.jpg

Fun Fact: The electronics shop I was at had a sale where when you buy 3 games/other CDs/Dvds/Blu-Rays then you get the cheapest one for free (I actually did not know about that).

TL;DR: I originally just wanted to buy Hyrule Warriors and Theatrhythm but ended up with Smash Bros. (well kinda I had to pay for HW and SSB but i wouldnt have bought SSB in the first place) for free.

Also I'm basically broke now.

#yolo

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Fun Fact: The electronics shop I was at had a sale where when you buy 3 games/other CDs/Dvds/Blu-Rays then you get the cheapest one for free (I actually did not know about that).

TL;DR: I originally just wanted to buy Hyrule Warriors and Theatrhythm but ended up with Smash Bros. (well kinda I had to pay for HW and SSB but i wouldnt have bought SSB in the first place) for free.
It's funny how the tl;dr is longer that the text being summarized.

finished the first season of Attack on Titan

...ok

Sherlock Holmes said:

...ok

well theres only one season so far

second season has been confirmed to be in "pre-production", whatever the hell that means.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Sherlock Holmes said:

...ok

well theres only one season so far

second season has been confirmed to be in "pre-production", whatever the hell that means.
It's planned and everything that goes into making it is being prepared before they start creating the actual show. There is no set date because they haven't even started making it, assuming the pre-production confirmation isn't dated.

Maki Nishikino said:
assuming the pre-production confirmation isn't dated.

if im correct it was from a statement of the series' producer from like june.

Back