the official "u did it" thread

Re: pretend you did (x) thing in the past few weeks and try to call it noteworthy

unless Morgan Freeman is in it, then your screwed, or you've died and seen god, or you've turned into an animal and are getting a documentary

Re: pretend you did (x) thing in the past few weeks and try to call it noteworthy

I have the weirdest problem right now.

Google Chrome does still load youtube videos but it just refuses to play them (i can even click on various points in the video but it only shows the still image of that point like its constantly paused).

Firefox and Internet Explorer still work fine. I've tried reinstalling flash, restarting my pc, and reinstalling chrome yet the problem persists.

It might be that this problem fixes itself withhin a few hours like other problems I had with Chrome before but this is just particularly annoying.

HOWEVER, and this is the best part, embedded videos still work perfectly fine.

*cough* firefox master race *cough*

Dr. John H. Watson said:
I have the weirdest problem right now.

Google Chrome does still load youtube videos but it just refuses to play them (i can even click on various points in the video but it only shows the still image of that point like its constantly paused).

Firefox and Internet Explorer still work fine. I've tried reinstalling flash, restarting my pc, and reinstalling chrome yet the problem persists.

It might be that this problem fixes itself withhin a few hours like other problems I had with Chrome before but this is just particularly annoying.

HOWEVER, and this is the best part, embedded videos still work perfectly fine.
Assuming with "embedded videos" you mean video's on here, it might mean your HTML5 player is being cranky, embedded video's here use Flash. Chrome is that one browser too that doesn't let you disable HTML5 YouTube, unless you rename a DLL file to something it can't find.

I had yet another busy Saturday free of getting hit in the head/pinned against a table/strangled.

Lakituthequick said:
]Assuming with "embedded videos" you mean video's on here, it might mean your HTML5 player is being cranky, embedded video's here use Flash. Chrome is that one browser too that doesn't let you disable HTML5 YouTube, unless you rename a DLL file to something it can't find.

well as ive suspected it fixed itself by now

yay chrome

i also had a simila problem with flash games on newgrounds once and that fixed itself too, just considerably faster.

I found and exploit in the security system of my school.

I won't go into any details here but I managed to host a LAN minecraft server in the school network though that technically shouldnt be possible.

We had to run to the gym because we were late. God then the stuff we did in there was so tough...

Lakituthequick said:
I have a slight suspicion of how you did that.

well actually i havent done that much so if you insist:

The way the network in my school works is that everyone has his own account with that he/she can login into the system and their userspace and stuff. Is required to be able to download stuff.

However, there is always a stationary account with that you can login to only that pc, you can still use the internet but downloading has been disabled somehow.

Also every time the pc gets shut off and turned on again it runs a program called "MySHN" that resets whatever you have done outside your userspace on that pc to a pre-defined image.

so basically what i did was go into the stationary account, which has local admins permissions, and used that to access the user management to reset the password of the local "administrator" of that pc (which somehow appearently also overrides the perms of our school's global administrator who should be the only person who has admin perms outside of that stationary account but hey i wont complain)

When I was done there, went into my own account, went to the windows Firewall, clicked on disable and when it prompted to enter the username and password of an administrator account i entered the ones of the local one that i have changed before, which surprsingly worked.

Well at that point i had free play, or so i thought.

I still had to find a way to bypass the fact that the system administrator blocked most network gateway ports, especially those used by 90% of online games to connect to gameservers.

Which means that a regular minecraft lan server does not work because it goes through a port that is blocked.

So I downloaded the regular minecraft server software jar, ran it and used the local ipv4 of that pc as an ip address (the port 25565 used by that server appearently works)

turns out only the host has to actually disable his firewall, and everyone else in the entire school can theoretically join the game.

bam done. Also while i was at it i also found a nice proxy tunnel website that lets me bypass that webfilter.

So yeah, thats about what me and my friends do during recess

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Lakituthequick said:
I have a slight suspicion of how you did that.

well actually i havent done that much so if you insist:

The way the network in my school works is that everyone has his own account with that he/she can login into the system and their userspace and stuff. Is required to be able to download stuff.

However, there is always a stationary account with that you can login to only that pc, you can still use the internet but downloading has been disabled somehow.

Also every time the pc gets shut off and turned on again it runs a program called "MySHN" that resets whatever you have done outside your userspace on that pc to a pre-defined image.

so basically what i did was go into the stationary account, which has local admins permissions, and used that to access the user management to reset the password of the local "administrator" of that pc (which somehow appearently also overrides the perms of our school's global administrator who should be the only person who has admin perms outside of that stationary account but hey i wont complain)

When I was done there, went into my own account, went to the windows Firewall, clicked on disable and when it prompted to enter the username and password of an administrator account i entered the ones of the local one that i have changed before, which surprsingly worked.

I still had to find a way to bypass the fact that the system administrator blocked most network gateway ports, especially those used by 90% of online games to connect to gameservers.

Which means that a regular minecraft lan server does not work because it goes through a port that is blocked.

So I downloaded the regular minecraft server software jar, ran it and used the local ipv4 of that pc as an ip address (the port 25565 used by that server appearently works)

turns out only the host has to actually disable his firewall, and everyone else in the entire school can theoretically join the game.

bam done. Also while i was at it i also found a nice proxy tunnel website that lets me bypass that webfilter.

Well that's not what my suspicions were but neat anyway.

Mah, my school has a pretty open network on that department. Sure, we can't connect to classrooms we're not in ourselves, but servers of that kind work.

didnt go to school today or yesterday and spent all day napping and watching dbz online

Playing around with codes for the first time.

this feels so weird

I decided to paint some stuff in white on my black pencil case. now 200% more awesome. Now I need to erase the dicks my friend scribbled on it.

He's blond, thin, and loves getting hit (?)... by me. He's also cute as hell tho.

Filled in UCAS forms for university applications. Won't be applying this year though.

Dr. John H. Watson said:

CONTINUED

So I've tried installing Steam today

turns out that Steam does not want to connect to its server through a proxy such as in my school network even if it was technically possible (bc i can)

instead we have to tunnel the proxy and make steam believe it connects directly to its server

so me and another guy dig up a program that does precisely that, only problem is that it wont work even not after looking up a complex tutorial.

also turns out that ofc you need to configure som .msi network settings to get the thing to work

and heres the problem

the program wants you to restart to apply the changes

but when you restart the pc MySHN deletes and resets all of those configurements (i have already moved all the installation files of minecraft steam etc to my own private account but .msi settings always get resetted no matter what).

So there is a way to prevent MySHN from booting by entering the password in the 3 secs before it boots to get to a menu from where you can start without synchronisation

and i happen to have that password

BUT

the keyboards in our school do not work/are not configured to work before the actual system boots.

And thats where i am right now, keyboard wont work so i cant enter the password. meh.

Next thing ill try is bring my usb keyboard from home and try to preconfigure it, or else bring up the BIOS and do some shit idek.

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
fun idea try doing school work at school
but that's not what you go to school fooor

O O
>
\_______/

especially not when i have free time in the school

the last thing id do is more school work

especially when your security system is THAT flawed

We had a supervised study session in school today, because me and the four other people in the class had no work to do we ended up playing Hangman and throwing around a small football.

I persuaded my teacher to give me a jam doughnut (it was a contest) in English today. It was pretty good, though I still don't like jam that much.

Back