What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Wii Party Master At it

Going through a bit of a Rayman craze lately. I downloaded the original Rayman on DSiWare, I bought Rayman 3D for the 3DS, and I just downloaded the Rayman Origins demo now available on the eShop.

With Rayman, I haven't really made time to play through it more, but so far, I haven't been doing very good. I feel like I keep missing things, and that I probably have to revisit places once I get more abilities... Compared to Rayman Origins, where you could fully explore an area even with limited abilities, I feel like an idiot not being able to access certain areas or free Electoons located in places just out of my reach...

With Rayman 3D, it's actually pretty good! The music kind of blares at you, though, and it tends to drown out everything else... I was expecting full voice acting in this game, and while there ARE voices in this game, it's not exactly voice acting... Regardless, I JUST beat the Glade of Fairies (I think that's what it was called), and I realized there a bonus stage I could have accessed. So I'll probably go through it again later. The story is intriguing, too, although I WAS surprised to find out Globox was a daddy... You know, I hope the other characters in this game appear in Rayman Legends, that would be sweet!

And now for the Rayman Origins 3DS demo... I've got a lot to say on this one.

First thing I noticed is that apparently you're allowed 30 plays with this demo. I guess that makes sense; you play it enough times then go buy the full game when it comes out.

I've played all 3 stages the demo had to offer. Since I pretty much beat the console version of the game I recognized all 3 stages and was able to get enough Lums for the Electoons AND medal for each stage that had you collecting Lums.

I was kind of surprised with their choice of which Tricky Treasure stage to use, it was the one where Rayman and the treasure were just silhouettes, which was FREAKING HARD in the console version, though surprisingly not as hard here.. For reasons I'll explain right now:

If there's one thing that stood out about this demo it's how slow it is compared to the console version. Maybe it's just the fact that it's a downloadable demo (I had to try three times in order to fully download it, though that's probably my own Internet connection's fault), but seriously, the way Rayman moves, in addition to the animation and overall feel is very sluggish compared to the fast-paced console version.

I also had small difficulty adjusting to the controls, but that will come with continued play.

There were also weird bits where short music cues would continuously replay, even though they didn't need to (the fanfare when you caught up with the treasure chest is one of them). There are also odd moments like when Rayman is posing behind that fat viking lady stand, like he does whenever he beats a stage, only to have it cut to Rayman ducking, fade to black, then go back to Rayman behind the stand again.

And you know what I said about the game feeling slow? Well, it effects some of the music and sound effects, such as when you've collected all the Electoons of a stage, they play the same sound effects and music it makes in the console version, only this time, the animation can't keep up with the music.

I'm sure all of these flaws will be ironed out in the eventual release of the 3DS version of this game, or at least I hope I do. Just thought I'd throw out my thoughts on the demo.

Smashgoom202 said:
Going through a bit of a Rayman craze lately. I downloaded the original Rayman on DSiWare, I bought Rayman 3D for the 3DS, and I just downloaded the Rayman Origins demo now available on the eShop.

With Rayman, I haven't really made time to play through it more, but so far, I haven't been doing very good. I feel like I keep missing things, and that I probably have to revisit places once I get more abilities... Compared to Rayman Origins, where you could fully explore an area even with limited abilities, I feel like an idiot not being able to access certain areas or free Electoons located in places just out of my reach...

With Rayman 3D, it's actually pretty good! The music kind of blares at you, though, and it tends to drown out everything else... I was expecting full voice acting in this game, and while there ARE voices in this game, it's not exactly voice acting... Regardless, I JUST beat the Glade of Fairies (I think that's what it was called), and I realized there a bonus stage I could have accessed. So I'll probably go through it again later. The story is intriguing, too, although I WAS surprised to find out Globox was a daddy... You know, I hope the other characters in this game appear in Rayman Legends, that would be sweet!

And now for the Rayman Origins 3DS demo... I've got a lot to say on this one.

First thing I noticed is that apparently you're allowed 30 plays with this demo. I guess that makes sense; you play it enough times then go buy the full game when it comes out.

I've played all 3 stages the demo had to offer. Since I pretty much beat the console version of the game I recognized all 3 stages and was able to get enough Lums for the Electoons AND medal for each stage that had you collecting Lums.

I was kind of surprised with their choice of which Tricky Treasure stage to use, it was the one where Rayman and the treasure were just silhouettes, which was FREAKING HARD in the console version, though surprisingly not as hard here.. For reasons I'll explain right now:

If there's one thing that stood out about this demo it's how slow it is compared to the console version. Maybe it's just the fact that it's a downloadable demo (I had to try three times in order to fully download it, though that's probably my own Internet connection's fault), but seriously, the way Rayman moves, in addition to the animation and overall feel is very sluggish compared to the fast-paced console version.

I also had small difficulty adjusting to the controls, but that will come with continued play.

There were also weird bits where short music cues would continuously replay, even though they didn't need to (the fanfare when you caught up with the treasure chest is one of them). There are also odd moments like when Rayman is posing behind that fat viking lady stand, like he does whenever he beats a stage, only to have it cut to Rayman ducking, fade to black, then go back to Rayman behind the stand again.

And you know what I said about the game feeling slow? Well, it effects some of the music and sound effects, such as when you've collected all the Electoons of a stage, they play the same sound effects and music it makes in the console version, only this time, the animation can't keep up with the music.

I'm sure all of these flaws will be ironed out in the eventual release of the 3DS version of this game, or at least I hope I do. Just thought I'd throw out my thoughts on the demo.
Get ready it has some really fun levels like the Cave of Bad Dreams,the Canopy and Tomb of the Aincents. Also Razorbeard has awesome music. I am still playing it just to find all of the Lums. I just need some of them.

Bowser's Inside Story - In my no-gear run, I faced the Shroobs. On the first try both my bros. got killed in one duo attack, so the second time I didn't get hit at all. :smug:

Twilight Princess

I made a lot of progress. I went from Fishing to the area with the blue bird. I love using the Sword and the Slingshot. I hit the kids with the Slingshot too. It is fun attacking enemies with the sword and I love Z Targeting. The game is very fun now and I can't wait to play more. Also the plant enemies look like they came out of Crash which is fitting since Crash is what I called my horse

After a hiatus of several months, Chrono Trigger (I finally figured out how to beat the Guardian)

Twlight Princess

Got to the first wolf level. Midna is cool. I am trying to figure out how to get to Midna behind the bars in the sewer part of the level. I will do it later. Also those spider enemies are annoying and why is Link a wolf in the first place?

Yoshidude99 said:
Twlight Princess

Got to the first wolf level. Midna is cool. I am trying to figure out how to get to Midna behind the bars in the sewer part of the level. I will do it later. Also those spider enemies are annoying and why is Link a wolf in the first place?
Try raising the water level lower?

You will find out why Link is a wolf later on.

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3

Beat Raphael the Raven (nostalgically the second-best boss in the game)

Now back at Ordon Village as a Wolf in Twilight Princess. I just need to get the sword here and get past the guy who calls you foul beast. Anyway Hyrule reminded me of Super Paper Mario's Void. Also got to 2-10 in Angry Birds

Back