What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Still mad that I got Smash 4'd on this reverse 3 stock comeback against a teabagging Greninja, I had the zero-to-death and the edgeguard read with a zoom in, then we both made it back and I died in the attack trade. I can only hope that I made him shit his pants when that zoom in happened. When are they adding the 'fuck you' after battle message, will it come with piranha plant?

Fate/Grand Order

I maxed out a Servant to 10/10/10 for the first time (Mash doesn't count). I will say I rarely got friend requests from Lv130 players before and I've had a few already. The only time before this I got a huge amount of friend requests was the Sanzang event, I was flooded with them because not many people actually had her on their support list. I usually delete people after a few days but I feel like I can't delete Derpies even though it's nearly been a week since his last logon, he was my go-to support for the first two months.

Horizon: Zero Dawn

i didnt really want all these fuckass Nora's to die because they weren't that bad but also did Bass really not deserve it because i think he did. rip rost though, he was a good man. granted i would've found him actually just leaving while Aloy joins the tribe to be more interesting than him getting killed in the standard "peaceful village gets murdered by invaders at the start of an rpg" trope but w/e

also i really enjoyed the sidequest with the guy who hears voices in his head. you generally dont many if any characters with illnesses such as that which involve said symptons and i like how it was treated as an actual problem the man needed help with and not a joke or something along those lines. also quite intriguing how the guy and his sister's conclusion was that he was hearing the voices of the "forgotten ones" (basically dead people who did worship their god) in order to make sense of what was happening to the poor dude within the bounds of their own knowledge in a version of earth where civilization has collapsed and people are back to their primitive beginnings

I went on a big losing streak with Corrin the other day, I dropped from 3m to 1.3m but I went on an equally big winning streak right afterwards and made it back up to 3m. I started doing better when I just started spamming side b for kills because nothing else will do it. Nothing more cathartic than beating the shit out of people that try to abuse shitty rulesets, nothing worse than losing to said rulesets. Super annoying when you're just having an even fight then a fucking smash ball appears and everything goes out the door.

Tales of Vesperia

There are so many god damn weapon skills to learn that I've got weapons backed up on half my characters. It's super stupid that Frost Stones can only be gotten from a group of enemies that can't be re-fought until later in the game when a bunch of weapons require them, when I do finally get those materials the weapons will be weak as shit for that point in the game.

I'm going to start ignoring the synthesis more often because there's zero useful sorting options and at this point in the game some of the weapon categories have 20+ choices, new recipes seem to be added randomly through the list rather than showing up with a new symbol or something. The pacing is bad but it always is in Tales, you would think they would learn one day. Leave all plot reveals for a specific 5% timeframe of the chapter and spend the rest of it having characters mull over nothing.

I can move around the map all I want now but that means there's 20 new sidequests to go activate and I'll be spending the rest of the game teleporting everywhere after every minor plot progression to keep the sidequests going. I've got lots of artes that I like to use now but I miss the early game feeling.

i can now possess machines and make them kill eachother or ride them in some cases 10/10
also wiped out a bandit camp entirely with the sharpshooter bow without ever being detected 10/10
horizon: 10/10 dawn

I didn't realise you could drop out of Elite over time, 2 losses is enough to put you on the chopping block irregardless of the wins you get before that I guess. I haven't played Bowser in a while because I was trying to get some others up, he's back in now. Bowser is a great character for bad players, I have to play the game half as much as the other guy and do twice the damage. I do feel good about beating projectile based characters with him (or DK) because that can be taxing. Fire Breath is pretty amazing as a low-percent punish, poor Charizard doesn't get that shit.

I will say I prefer when the character select screen didn't have the entire cast but 1 darkened out. It's kind of funny how quickly some people will stop playing this game despite buying a Switch for the sole purpose of buying this game.

I guess I might add PP to my character rotation, he's kind of weird. I might just stop playing him once the shiny new character feeling wears off.

Dr. Mario Online Rx (Wii)

I successfully hacked my Wii, so I can now play WiiWare games even after the Wii Shop's closure. I downloaded this game, Sonic 4 (which I previously played on Dolphin), and Smash 64 (which I am currently unable to play since I lack a Classic Controller). This game, being my first Dr. Mario game, is quite fun from the ten or so minutes I played it. Time to download a Wiimmfi patch for this game...

Dragalia Lost

The new co-op system is applied, now getting into groups is quick and infinitely smoother. I didn't get anything good from the new showcase, dupe Lily showed up but that's about it. The wyrmprints up for grabs were good too, I might use some tickets on it. New raid boss is pretty easy to beat but the 90 second title is going to be hard, I was in a group with people that all had their Dragon Preps equipped (this has been hard to find) and we were 3 seconds off, usually that's all it takes to get it.

I've got a new list of characters to upgrade so I can try and cover resistances with at least 3 characters per affliction. I should probably just focus on getting into High Midgard since I'm so close but it looks hard, hopefully pub groups are good enough now to carry me so I don't feel so bad when I get one-shotted.

Fate/Grand Order

I think I fully appreciate Merlin now, I cleared the challenge quest with Raikou/Waver/Merlin and with the power of Merlin I was able to keep them all alive through the entire thing despite Raikou being a fragile berserker. The waves with Jeanne were nice since I could just tank the hits until my skills were off cooldown. Didn't get Edmond, didn't get Da Vinci. feelsbad. I really liked Edmond after Prison Tower was over. It was light on text but it focused pretty hard on Edmond rather than a whole lot of things so I liked it.

man it is super easy to kill like anything which is by itself if you use the tripcaster to set like three lines and then whale on it with strong spears attacks. not really working too well on this trio of fire bellows though. idk how the fuck you're supposed to take out three at once unless theres a way to override them (which judging from Aloy's ramblings to herself, there is. i just need to find it)

Fire Emblem: Fates (Conquest)
i keep getting my ass kicked by this map with the pots. granted i havent really put 100 percent effort into it yet so i'll give it another shot tomorrow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
it really makes me feel like im Todd Howard. but in all seriousness, it's very fun. the little things like actually sitting down in an inn in riverwood and feeling like im actually there is A+. its also fun doing cool poses and slashes with the sword even though there's really no point in not just mindlessly swinging it like a baseball bat lol

Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal
i did the first mission which was just training against dummies. nothing of note so far

Dragalia Lost

The sub-90 second epithet wasn't too hard actually, I guess that first group was just too low on Strength but the other dragon prep groups I've been in have been fine. I got three tickets from the emblem ladder and then used them straight away; got two 5* dragons lol. I did get Maribelle from that freebie 5* ticket they gave out so I'm not hurting for wind characters anymore, I still want Lin You some day though.

Suddenly getting 1k mana from my helper being used again after weeks of 200-300, must be because everyone swapped to wind units for the event where nobody uses helper units. Dark units will always get used, Avenue of Fortune will always be the most popular daily.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Played as Piranha Plant for the first time, and he's now my fourth main. I played with my friends, and they became good at the game. One of my friends who's not much of a Nintendo fan actually is really good as Pacman. My other friend who IS a Nintendo fan is maining Mii Brawler (a.k.a. himself). Next time I'm doing some classic modes and normal matches, or maybe World Of Light.

Tales of Vesperia

It seems like this game has some problems with not really foreshadowing things well and not putting much importance on the things that it has bothered to give you a heads up about. I've got some Super Chain skills so I've been doing Base>Altered>Arcane combos. I like Ghost Wolf since it lets you escape a bad situation and still continue the combo.

Repede has an accessory where you can have a bunch of little dolls of the main cast equipped on his back, it looks goofy as fuck during cut scenes when they're flailing about.

also Etrian Odyssey Nexus in three days aaaaaaaaaahhhhh i was gonna get it off the eshop but it's the 6th there for some reason so I ordered it for even just the chance for it to show up on the 5th. I just want it already.

Monster Hunter: World
after playing for two hours, i made it out of character creation

Final Destination can suck my nuts. I think there's gonna be a lot of Pichu's online after today. I would say there will be a lot of Ike's or Lucina's but those are already pretty common. I can no do the anti-air gud so I just shield or dash out of range, I should just never use (Dark) Pit's up tilt ever but it looks slick.

Corrin has my most play time because of that 2 hours where I dropped gsp hard and then got it back, I don't want Corrin to be my most played character so I'm going to stop doing that.

edit: also I tried out Pikachu for the first time and got Corrin'd down to 1m gsp and then made it back up once matchmaking started actually working and not just putting me against 3m+ people with a character I've never used. There was a poor Pit player with 400k gsp, he wasn't even that bad but he probably was getting fucked just like me. I beat a ROB for the first time ever with Pikachu so I think I'll keep playing this character, I think it was even the same one that 3-stocked me a few weeks ago.

I'm gonna be sitting at my front door waiting for the mail on wednesday i'm so ready for Etrian Nexus. I want to draw all the maps and kill all the things on those maps that I have drawn. I'm just gonna go with the team I thought of months ago.

Dark Souls Remastered.
I discovered a glitch in the Tomb of Giants. If you slide down the first ladder, you MAY fall down through the ground, you will eventually fall down to a grayish area and then after a while you'll die. I'm going to upload it to YouTube one day. But I had to do the video in 30 seconds because I recorded it on my Switch, so I couldn't show the death portion.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Trying to get all the CDs...and I'm getting better and better with King Dedede as well. I have eleven CDs left to collect from Special Orders, plus seven more from Challenges. I'm hoping to collect all the CDs, or at least the ones from Special Orders, before I download the Stage Bundle and get a boatload of more music.

it's here

H14iZ9J.gif

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I don't have much time to play today because of work but I made my party and chose Expert difficulty, I heard Heroic is just Expert where you're not allowed to change difficulty (or you'll lose access to Heroic for that playthrough) and you can't carry over stuff for NG+. Took me a while to make my party but I'm happy with it. I spent all my money on armour + a weapon for my main offense character. I usually choose the mid-difficulty on a first playthrough but I think I have a good enough grasp on the series now to jump into Expert first.

Front Line:
Highlander; Curruid / Hero; Risa / War Magus; Alia
Back Line:
Arcanist; Hiromi / Zodiac; Camellia

I'm going to focus on basic offense for the Highlander first and have Hero focus on the shield skills to keep my party alive. Arcanist and War Magus both have ailment support and heals so as long as the damage gets tanked then I can heal off pretty much anything. Zodiac is chillin, They've got spells but that's all they need right now. I considered taking a Gunner for a physical back-row elemental offense but I like normal mages better, also I've made the mistake of not having a class capable of abusing low magic defense before.

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

I played through the game again, with all Rare Picture Pieces and Big Switches. Nothing much of note here, really. I plan to go for a good time in Guest Star as Bonkers, and then play through Heroes in Another Dimension again. Also, I found that you can bring your completion percentage up to exactly 75% with only the Story Mode. Looking forward to playing Kirby's Adventure next week!

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I wasn't expecting such a large first floor and even a boss. I fought it once and failed, I spent too much TP on surviving when it's attacks weren't really that threatening and my Hero could spend all it's time attacking instead. On the second attempt I conserved my TP more, choosing not to attack during the time when i had an attack debuff and defending more often so that I could build up force for a second Force Boost. I killed it with very low TP but I had three Force Breaks ready for the next turn which would easily burn the rest of it's HP bar at that point. I still have a bit of an issue with my Arcanist not having much to do after setting a circle but once her skill tree opens up I can have her apply debuffs and give her an attack skill.

I really like my party, it has some flaws because of level gating the skill tree and relying on ailments but I think it will work well. Expert isn't necessarily super hard but I've had 2 near wipes already from random encounters in the second labyrinth.

It's a bummer that Lush Woodlands is copy pasted from EO4 but I'd heard about this beforehand so I'm not surprised. Every other labyrinth should have new layouts.

Monster Hunter: World

man these expeditions would be so great if monster weren't able to straight up leave the area entirely if you dont kill them in a certain amount of time. pretty cheap ass excuse for "difficulty." doesn't really help that game introduces monsters without actual like, you know, kill quests so you can hunt them without an arbitrary time limit which really doesn't add any fun to the game at all.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I wasn't expecting to have the labyrinth boss fight thrown at me a few steps into the third floor, it had half the health but it was still like what the fuck that's not fair. I've pretty much used my skill points how I want to on my Arcanist for its Novice skill tree so I'll just save her points until the next one opens up. It turns out it really was just that single floor that was identical to EO4.. I don't know how much of it I have left but I imagine I'll be coming up against the full power boss of this labyrinth soon. I still think my team is sick. I tunnel vision on skills so hard that I tend to forget what my characters portraits look like, despite the portrait showing up every turn any time you have to use their action.

Fate/Grand Order

Valentines is here, I got Sith Lord Saber. This event always looked super confusing to me but I kind of get it. It's just basic farming with a stupid CE setup. I might grab a few of the Chocolate CE's and watch those scenes but practically they don't do much other than unlock the valentines dialogue. I might just get a few then go for mats that I really need. I was going to run through all my servants in the my room and unlock the birthday dialogue but I forgot, maybe I'll do it next year lol.

Dark Souls Remastered.
I finally beat the Gaping Dragon, it is a hard boss. Got 20,000 souls by beating it. I also chopped off its tail for a powerful weapon.

Back