What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Mega Man Legacy Collection: Mega Man 1

Managed to actually beat the Wily Castle stages, shoutout to MK for helping me beat the third stage's boss.

In hindsight the bosses (excluding yellow devil) were actually quite easy [I reckon the clone fight gave me the most trouble] and I probably sucked more than this game being hard, but hey, first playthrough.

Anyway with that, MM1 is complete. It probably gets easier from there.

The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki

I really like the police angle that this game takes. I still like bracers but SSS is neat.

Time for a boss battle > insta kills my tank
nice

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time

aka sasha's memory fails as he struggles to remember information he got about the game when he first played

it's like having my first playthrough, except not really

Maybe I should've just played normal, I have enough knowledge from the other games to know what to do during combat. I'll switch over to normal when I move onto Ao.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Hard Mode)

Played from the start to Dreamy Dozing Sands, the gameplay is still as amazing as it was, and it's actually enjoyably challenging on hard mode. I've put on the Perfect POW Gloves on Mario as soon as I got them, and they've been incredibly serviceable in most battles because I know how to dodge everything and usually can.

I really hope the Superstar Saga remake brings hard mode back, it was a brilliant idea.

The last dungeon is long as fuck, which is normal I guess but I need a break.

Estelle and Joshua join the party at the end, that makes me super happy. I swapped out Randy and Tio for them.

Undertale

Here are the highlights of my experience (i.e. the experience I'd like to remember, as opposed to the experience I'm having as of this post):
  • With the exception of knowing a few characters' names, I played it blind (somehow).
  • Most* of the characters are charming and memorable, unlike the backstory. Undyne, Papyrus, and Sans** are my favorites.
  • The final boss fight*** almost made me cry.
  • I think the battle system is mechanically brilliant. I've never before looked forward to random encounters, and I like the structure of the boss fights.
  • I played it on the Vita, so as in almost every game with trophies/achievements, I got rewarded for performing mundane tasks.
  • Half the soundtrack got stuck in my head.

The exceptions for me are Flowey, Mettaton, and Muffet because their relationships with the player (me) are comparatively impersonal and focus on wanting me dead. Mettaton's funny, though, and I like "Spider Dance." I'd probably include Temmie on the exception list if the artist for whom she represents a cameo didn't do such a damn good job.
Laid-back, pun-loving Sans, not "you're gonna have a bad time" Sans.
Against Asriel Dreemurr. That's a sign of good writing and well-developed characters.

The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki

Prologue was surprisingly difficult, a lot of close calls but they probably happened because I didn't have a AoE healer and only two characters. Using Arios was cool though, as short as it was.

They nerfed some stuff too, can't spam Lloyd's mega self-buff anymore, it doesn't boost his defense at all now either.

STRAFE®.
The best game of 1996.

The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki

I'm at the part you hear a lot about during Cold Steel, the trade conference. It's nice to see familiar faces from Sky, and there was even mention of the military school. The world really comes together when you play all the games. I might end up importing CS3 since it's coming out in a month, probably won't show up in English for two years.

Kingdom Hearts

As I've said multiple times before I'm not a huge Disney fan but Square really know how to sell this.

Sonic Mania.

It feels a little easier than the original Genesis trilogy, but it's definitely a blast!

eqc8tVB.jpg

sonic mania
im so happy they brought back good zones and also the ost is magnificent, its like at least 50% of the reason i bought it
beat it with sonic & tails but i didnt get all the emeralds :(
knuckles tomorrow

rly good game, highly recommend

Kirby's return to Dream Land.

It's been a while since I haven't touched the Wii, for two reasons. Switch+ the Wii was malfunctioning.

In the game, I was just continuing from where I left off, Raisin Ruins in Extra mode.

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Nook's store is closed today, so nothing much is going on.
although now that i think about it, it's a bit ironic that the store is closed for remodeling on labour day

New Super Mario Bros Wii.

I forgot how chaotic this game is. And that's one thing I hate and love at the same time.

Back