What game did you last play?!?!?!?

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of The Wild

Like I'd planned too, I'm doing a completely blind run of the game and as a result everything is surprising me because of the level of detail Nintendo has made this game with. Currently have 8 hearts, 1 stamina boost, 3 memories, 25 shrines, and 47 korok seeds. Currently have maps for the plateau, necluda, lanaryu, and central hyrule (many deaths were had trying to get to that first memory but i havent gone back since)

And I just cleared Eventide Island and I feel like elaborating on my experience with that place in the actual BoTW thread because so far it is the greatest part of the game.

I really am lost though, aside from clearing any shrine I come across and marking my map with pots and ore locations as I find them (there is a particularly good one just northeast of rodai lake behind some bombable rocks) do I just pick another Divine Beast and go for it? Or do I head to that other professor, robbie, asap?

You can basically go wherever, but I did the first few objectives then started going to whichever region had a tower that was close to where I was. As a result I've gone right from the starting area and made my way to the top right and now I'm making my way to the top left.

It does almost feel like this is the 'intended' way with the progression of the enemies and objectives.

Altera said:
You can basically go wherever, but I did the first few objectives then started going to whichever region had a tower that was close to where I was. As a result I've gone right from the starting area and made my way to the top right and now I'm making my way to the top left.

It does almost feel like this is the 'intended' way with the progression of the enemies and objectives.

That's also the exact same way I'm going

Except I made a detour to the very top of the map

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of The Wild

Eren Jäger said:
That's also the exact same way I'm going
Altera said:
yeah I got that feeling from the levels of the enemies and the difficulty of the divine beast that east was the intended starting point

Welp I'm in luck then, because I've only explored the south east and east parts of the map so I can just keep going anticlockwise and visit Robbie to upgrade the Sheikah slate then hit the next divine beast in the region over.

4/12 memories recovered, just got the one where
Zelda and Link are running in a forest after the divine beasts have killed the champions and Ganon has won
powerful stuff

Unrelated, but I keep thinking about Eventide Island and how amazing that shrine quest was like holy shit I'm so glad I got to it early

Agar.io

I was being chased by some guy named NEX22. If this is the NEX I know here, why were you chasing me?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

So, question. Do I have to get all the memories to advance in the story at this point? I feel like I got to the point where the game really opens up. And now my only story objective is to get the 12 memories.

GalacticPetey said:

So, question. Do I have to get all the memories to advance in the story at this point? I feel like I got to the point where the game really opens up. And now my only story objective is to get the 12 memories.

no, you can advance the story any way you want from now on. Memories, either of the divine beasts, go straight to ganon, do sidequests, shrines, just fuck around a lot.

you're free.

welcome to botw.

Eren Jäger said:
GalacticPetey said:

no, you can advance the story any way you want from now on. Memories, either of the divine beasts, go straight to ganon, do sidequests, shrines, just fuck around a lot.

you're free.

welcome to botw.
Awesome.

From my experience doing this blind:

On the memories: There is a main quest to find the great fairy shrine near Kakariko Village if u talk to the painter in kakariko, and after that if u encounter him again in various locations he will tell u where a certain memory location is based on the picture you give him.

On the shrines: a lot of them are hidden from plain sight so use the shrine sensor often despite how annoying it can be. Hicklay Woods is a good example. Also take photos of stuff u might want to recover later with the item sensor (iron sledgehammers in particular are essential for early game rock mining). I've just gotten in the habit of taking photos of everything new i find because u never know what u might need to search for

On the divine beasts: probably head in the direction of the easternmost one first, it seems that is the one most people start with and is relatively easy, plus the reward is great

But yeah I felt the same way. Once the game gives u the memory quest, it cuts you loose pretty abruptly but its surprising and refreshing how you can then just do anything u want from this point onward

Breath of the Wild

Reached Rito Village, also officially have beaten more than half of the shrines.

the music is just

muh dick

Got some time to play finally, got half the shrines done, opened another area, didn't really do much else.

Went to the Rito Village really quick to grab the cold armour, opened the shrine teleport near it and then went back to the snowy territory since I opened it and hadn't explored it because of the cold. I also took a look over the mountain near the Gerudo Desert to try find some Warm Flowers for the Cold Resistance Sets upgrades and saw the last divine beast. Fortunately the only reason I wanted the set bonus was because I hoped it negated the slow-down that running on snow does but it doesn't and shield surfing has sort of negated it anyway.

I'm going to start using the White Lynel drops since i have 5 bows, 2 shields and 5 weapons from them that I haven't been using. I've been using shock arrows too since i had 200 of those and only 70 regular arrows.

Also I found a Silver Rupee under a rock, thought I should mention that. Always check under rocks.

Mario Sports Superstars

mostly to take screenshots and crap

Pokemon Yellow, the 3DS VC version.

For whatever reason, I wasn't aware you could set the resolution to that of the original GBC >.> It looks much nicer now :3

Zeld: Breath

Opened up the maps for Akkala and Eldin. Completed the Robbie side quest and nabbed myself a bunch of ancient arrows and awesome ancient armour and a shield, then went to Hyrule Plain to enact my revenge upon the guardians because I am petty

Was fuckin amazing how I could do the thing in the initial reveal trailer where you jump off the horse and shoot a guardian. Also now I have Fang and Bone active so I bought those two masks and man it makes bokoblin camps a cakewalk

Then I cleared a bunch of shrines in that area, found the memory, got the Shrine of Power quest and moved on to Eldin

my experience so far:
UzojCGe.jpg

amazingly i had a 3 minute fireproof potion and sprinted as far as i could into eldin and discovered the ore mine (yay! <3), before bursting into flames again. Luckily there is a cooking pot there so i made a 15 minute double fireproof elixir using the fireproof lizard i happened to find on the way lol. Will reach goron city after work hopefully

M&L: Partners in Time

Boy, this game punishes you for being unprepared for the final boss. Went in thinking that I could survive on jumps. I was wrong.

Anyway, this is easily one of my favourite M&Ls, tying in second place with Dream Team. Bowser's Inside Story is still the best though.

The Pyro Guy said:
M&L: Partners in Time

Boy, this game punishes you for being unprepared for the final boss. Went in thinking that I could survive on jumps. I was wrong.

Anyway, this is easily one of my favourite M&Ls, tying in second place with Dream Team. Bowser's Inside Story is still the best though.
I tried to play this game with the bros at the lowest level and the final boss is certainly something. I think I could beat it but I would need to buy a lot of Bros. Items since I don't have the patience to beat the final boss's HP pool without a lot of special attacks in stock.

Back