What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Lin said:
Fukanōna said:
Plants vs Zombies 2

I hate the later days of Far Future. In fact, it is not even the Far Future, it is the Money Spending Age.
Buddy, the levels in later worlds get far tougher lmao.

I tried the first level of Modern Day

oh gosh this is going to be a painful game

but I have the Homing Thistle so I am safe

Fire Emblem Fates Revelations

maybe its the oversaturation of units getting to me, but I dont remember most maps only letting you pick 9 characters to go in with all the way up to chapter 15? it feels like you pretty much have to bank on 4 or 5 good units to carry the whole time and leave a lot of people in the dust. at least you can grind but even then why would you need to since youve now got 4 or 5 units sucking up all the exp and 1 hitting everything

for a path dedicated to balance it sure does a shit job of it. i mean for a prime example, look at shura and nyx showing up in the same chapter. one is lv. 9, one is the equivalent of lv. 30

its ok though im enjoying takumi+oboro+hayato+kaze the experience

the story somehow manages to pace itself worse than conquest and even more it undermines azura's role in both in like the first chapter lol

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

I fucked up and forgot to go get chapter 7 of Carnelia before doing the boss fight so now I have to re-do it. I need all the chapters so I can find out what happens next trade them for a weapon.

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation

wow ok
Scarlet fuckin dies in the most forced death scene in the game yet* and its apparently unpreventable which sucks

side note im double upset scarlet is always corrinsexual and cant marry ryoma rip

*actually that honour still goes to izana, can't believe i forgot that bullshit so soon

chapters 16/17 were more intense than what i was giving the game credit for and aside from the lackluster use of iago and hans in this route i really liked these two maps

ive pretty much stalled the story at the moment while i grind supports for every single bloody character the game has just tossed at me

odin why are you so shit
oh how the mighty have fallen

9/21 paralogues unlocked atm, I am gonna die(tm)

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation

i didn't want to believe the meme, but dread fighter azama is ridiculous

tempted to bench someone else and keep him as a main unit once i finish grinding his support

I don't think I'll be able to last a few years without being spoiled on what happens in the later games, I already know some pretty major things like character deaths and antagonist identities. I think I'll bite the bullet and skip over Zero/Ao until they have english versions.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Finally beat that obnoxious Expert Mission 15. The last two after that though are a joke by comparison. I've pretty much done all I can in the game minus unlocking the last three characters, which is just gonna be grinding for dragon balls. May work on that when they bump up the level cap again this month.

Tomodachi Life

Been playing this game for about a month, and yay Cameron and Alyssa had a baby which makes John, Didi, Aaron, and Lynda all grandparents, Jack, Peter, and Richard uncles, and some other relationships I guess. Good job Jason, you just made the family tree even bigger.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All

Just finished this game. Case 4 was absolutely bonkers. I also fully understand why MCD embraces Dick Gumshoe. Great game overall, I thought it did really well as a follow-up to the first title.

Gonna start Trials and Tribulations sometime today hopefully.

Left 4 Dead 2

Computers are dummies in Advanced difficulties. At least the plug-in makes them a little bit better, as they share throwables and stuff with you.

Mario Kart 8

I encountered a hacker online that was using Cat Peach. He continuously threw red shells at me and no one else. He also spammed blue shells like crazy. Despite that, I finished 9th and he got 11th during the only game I played with him.

I wonder if he specifically targeted me because I was the only Pink Gold Peach user in the lobby.

Fire Emblem Fates Revelation

/finally/ finished grinding every single s-support and recruited the kids whose chapters become a nightmare once the units are promoted (soleil, shiro, forrest, sophie iirc). revelation is proof that kids are entirely unnecessary in fire emblem fates as a whole because the amount of money, time and effort it took to grind even the most overlevelled units in the game was too damn much. at its core the mechanic is heavily flawed, because i can't see how you are supposed to get all units in the game without grinding because of how underlevelled half of your units are compared to the enemies you face in subsequent chapters. intsys dropped the ball so hard on this, it fell into a third world of invisible people

not to mention the explanation for kids doesn't even relate to the rest of the game. if fire emblem switch has kids again i hope that the explanation actually makes sense (given the story, at least), like in like awakening, and isn't bloody baby bubbles.

anyway cleared the next two chapters. aside from the low unit count i'm actually loving the valla maps, the replica map was certainly more fun the second time.

literally the game becomes royals plus whatever units you decided to level up from hoshido plus fuga even after i've grinded mostly everyone else to a point where their skills are actually good for the kids (whenever i get around to popping their bubbles). oh well

calling it now, anthony is an evil ~something~

edit: ^wow that didn't take long wew

My laptop flipped a tit while I was playing so I lost some progress.

I did finish the Carnelia book though, it was a good book. I already know its relevance because of some spoilers but it wasn't a major spoiler and I would've been able to connect the dots once I played through Trails 3rd in a few months anyway.

I do love that a seemingly normal enough book in the first game of this series is at least somewhat relevant even 6 games later. Makes me wonder how thoroughly planned the entire story has been from the start.

Mario Party 6

Well I didn't actually played it unless i need to interfere, but yeah, the Brutal computers did some exceedingly stupid things that it's hilarious.

Back