What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Which console/handheld did you play it one?

So I started playing the GBC Shantae game I got on the 3DS eShop, and... it's a little frustrating, I'll be honest. I remember JonTron saying on an episode of Game Grumps that he didn't like Shantae because "you can only hit that small pixel above your head", and I think I got what he meant by that; most of the enemies (at least early on, I haven't gotten that far yet) are shorter then Shantae, meaning I practically have to crawl around to make sure I hit most things. I briefly stopped playing after I entered a field and kept being randomly ambushed by enemies much shorter then Shantae and since they appear out of nowhere from the ground, there was nothing I could do to avoid them.

The series looks interesting, and I want to get into it, but it just kind of bugs me in places...

Smashgoom202 said:
I briefly stopped playing after I entered a field and kept being randomly ambushed by enemies much shorter then Shantae and since they appear out of nowhere from the ground, there was nothing I could do to avoid them.

Run. It's what I did (though I'm not much further than that).

Mario4Ever said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I briefly stopped playing after I entered a field and kept being randomly ambushed by enemies much shorter then Shantae and since they appear out of nowhere from the ground, there was nothing I could do to avoid them.

Run. It's what I did (though I'm not much further than that).

yeah i basically always run through there, although i'm not very cautious lol (i get hit a lot)

also last game i played was the demo for etrian odyssey untold: the millennium girl. i haven't finished it yet and i'm at level 8. i'm beginning to think i might end up hitting the level cap before i'm done

Okay, so I took Mario4Ever's advice and decided to run through the fields, but even then, the enemies still keep popping up right where you are. I tried to defeat some enemies to get some hearts back but the ENEMIES JUST KEEP SHOWING UP RIGHT WHERE I STAND!!!! GAAH, who designed this game, Satan?! I'm sorry, I got a little flustered there, but this is an INCREDIBLY frustrating mechanic, ESPECIALLY this early on in the game. Seriously, WayForward, what the Hell were you thinking?!

...Well, hopefully they learned their lesson after this, and none of the other Shantae games have this or are going to have this.

Yeah, your best bet is to not worry about the enemies and just focus on running until you get the hell out of there. You're not going to do it without getting hurt (most likely), but stopping to try and get health back will in all likelihood get you killed.

hmm i should playthrough shantae 1 again, i remember that part being challenging specifically.

Fire Emblem Awakening

Sonic Generations.

Got through the rest of the Dreamcast Which for Whatever Reason also Includes Sonic Heroes Era and beat Shadow. Next is the challenges for the era before the boss...

Sonic Generations.

Did all the challenges for Speed Highway and one Act 1 challenge for City Escape.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Started making good progress again, should have the Valm Empire down by the end of this week.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

On the Forest Haven.

I hate how I can't explore though. If I do the dragonboat just yells at me and tells me to go to where he wants me to go.

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
Seriously, fuck warpskipping. I'm just going to play it the slow way.

During the fucking manster escape it already broke me, but i perservered.
If you have a good strategy, FE5 isn't nearly as hard.
It's probably the least luck-based out of all the FEs.

Back