SMG vs. SMS

Which game is better? Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Sunshine?

• Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Super Mario Sunshine

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Both were horrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both were equally amazing

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

Luigi+Daisyfan11

Violet Lumas ARE REAL!!!^
Personally, I like SMS better because of the format. I liked traveling to each world by warp pipe or graffiti. I also like Isle Delfino better than the Comet Observatory. Also, I do not like the extra comets like the purple coin comet and the daredevil comet. I wish it was just regular galaxies with just 3 stages in each galaxy. I like the idea of stars and power stars, but I also like the idea of Shine Sprites. The SMG final boss fight was WAAAYYYY more challenging than the sad "hot tub in Corona Mountain where you use a rocket to pound a spot on the ground while Bowser Jr. shoots stuff at you"

≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Flailing Dark Boo said:
Super Mario Galaxy. No contest.
Why?
Galaxy had a better camera, more areas, an extra “play as Luigi” mode that is harder than the mario mode, etc.
I still like SMS better.
I see.
What does that supposed to mean? Not trying to be rude, just wondering.

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Flailing Dark Boo said:
Why?
Galaxy had a better camera, more areas, an extra “play as Luigi” mode that is harder than the mario mode, etc.
I still like SMS better.
I see.
I think he means you're being a fanboy.

Xpike said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Flailing Dark Boo said:
Why?
Galaxy had a better camera, more areas, an extra "play as Luigi" mode that is harder than the mario mode, etc.
I still like SMS better.
I see.
No,no,no
I use a different context, I'm just saying I see what he's saying.

Flailing Dark Boo said:
This. I like Super Mario Sunshine, but there's just no denying the fact that Super Mario Galaxy was better than it in almost every possible way.

≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Xpike said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
≥£®∂¥ ₲Ú¥ said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Flailing Dark Boo said:
Why?
I still like SMS better.
I see.
No,no,no
I use a different context, I'm just saying I see what he's saying.
Oh, thank you.

Both were great. I do have 1 small gripe with Sunshine, though:

Booshine.jpeg

The hell happened to Boo? :-\

As much as I like both, Galaxy is better in every possible way, although Sunshine´s more "adventure" style (opossed to Galaxy´s more familiar "point A to point B" style) should also be taken on count. Both games are awesome.

I mean, the fact that one game is better than the other doesn´t mean the other is bad, just "less good" but still good. It´s like when you compare Metroid Hunters to the other Metroid games, or Minish Cap to the other Zelda games... they are the least good in a series of freaking awesome games, which still makes them very good games.

Brie Loader said:
Metal Man said:
Both were great. I do have 1 small gripe with Sunshine, though:

Booshine.jpeg

The hell happened to Boo? :-\
That was a freaking awesome redesign

I thought Nintendo intended not to have any references to alcohol in their games, but w/e.

Anyway, SMG is our easy winner for me. Mainly because I didn't quite like FLUDD, but there are other reasons.

I liked them both about the same, Galaxy looked and felt cooler tho :mario:

Lario said:
SMS.

Why? It feels more free...
I know. Isle Delfino had so much more to explore as the Comet Observatory was boring. I really like SMS, but I'm not saying that SMG was bad and everyone else likes SMG better.........

SMG looked beautiful, was beautifully orchestrated, had inventive level designs, and didn't have to add something like FLUDD just to seem a little interesting.

Black Mage said:
SMG looked beautiful, was beautifully orchestrated, had inventive level designs, and didn't have to add something like FLUDD just to seem a little interesting.
I thought SMS was interesting without FLUDD. Idk if it's just me but Lava Monsters seems more interesting than a bunch of Lumas. That's just me though...

Black Mage said:

how can you even compare lava monsters to lumas

Lumas aren't enemies. :mellow:
Ok, the storyline is more interesting in SMS, F.L.U.D.D. was cooler than his spin attacks in SMG and the bosses and enemies were better in SMS.

Back