SMG vs. SMS

Which game is better? Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Sunshine?

• Super Mario Galaxy

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Super Mario Sunshine

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Both were horrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both were equally amazing

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Black Mage said:

how can you even compare lava monsters to lumas

Lumas aren't enemies. :mellow:
Ok, the storyline is more interesting in SMS, F.L.U.D.D. was cooler than his spin attacks in SMG and the bosses and enemies were better in SMS.

Neither storyline was very epic, both being just save peach again at some point, but SMS did add some mystery at the beginning.

Spin was the only new move in SMG, but it did a fair amount of stuff.
FLUDD had a few moves, and they did a fair amount of stuff too.

The enemies were a bit better in SMS, and the bosses in SMS were harder.

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Black Mage said:

Ok, the storyline is more interesting in SMS, F.L.U.D.D. was cooler than his spin attacks in SMG and the bosses and enemies were better in SMS.

SMS had a storyline? I thought it was just composed of unremarkable visuals, uncreative levels, and terrible voice actors.

Toadbert said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Black Mage said:

Neither storyline was very epic, both being just save peach again at some point, but SMS did add some mystery at the beginning.

SMS' "mystery" is horrible compared to Rosalina's backstory. The storybook idea worked well.

FLUDD's moves were composed of running fast and flying. Mario could do that without it, and he did in SMG.

Both are extremely easy, so SMS slightly better difficulty is nothing. Also, Luigi Purple Coins >>> anything SMS has.

Black Mage said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Black Mage said:

SMS had a storyline? I thought it was just composed of unremarkable visuals, uncreative levels, and terrible voice actors.

Toadbert said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Black Mage said:

SMS' "mystery" is horrible compared to Rosalina's backstory. The storybook idea worked well.

FLUDD's moves were composed of running fast and flying. Mario could do that without it, and he did in SMG.

Both are extremely easy, so SMS slightly better difficulty is nothing. Also, Luigi Purple Coins >>> anything SMS has.

Well Im getting bored of hearing about Luigi's purple coins, so i'm done.

Black Mage said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Black Mage said:

Toadbert said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Black Mage said:

The Nintedo company would like to have a word with you, the story was that there was Shadow Mario terrorizing Isle Delfino with graffiti and he scared all of the Shine Sprites away which power Isle Delfino and the Piantas thought you were responsible so you have to clean it up. Also, Peach gets kidnapped by BOWSER JR!! Not Bowser which is more interesting.
Sure, Rosalina's background was a bit interesting but the rest wasn't. Peach was kidnapped again, but at least SMS had a little twist.

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
The Nintedo company would like to have a word with you, the story was that there was Shadow Mario terrorizing Isle Delfino with graffiti and he scared all of the Shine Sprites away which power Isle Delfino and the Piantas thought you were responsible so you have to clean it up. Also, Peach gets kidnapped by BOWSER JR!! Not Bowser which is more interesting.
Sure, Rosalina's background was a bit interesting but the rest wasn't. Peach was kidnapped again, but at least SMS had a little twist.

So, you're saying that they're both boring and cliched.

That further exemplifies SMG's win.

Eh, to me SMS is still better and SMG felt kind of childish...

Well, nothing in it's prequels were +7 but the childish stuff is thrown into SMG.

what

are you kidding me

are you serious

That's it? Really? You consider THAT childish, and that's why you're ignoring better gameplay, a better soundtrack, better level designs, and better visuals, because of an optional story?

The SMS plot was a blatant rip-off of the SMW plot:

Mario & Peach go on vacation, Peach gets kidnapped, Mario saves her.

Black Mage said:

what

are you kidding me

are you serious

That's it? Really? You consider THAT childish, and that's why you're ignoring better gameplay, a better soundtrack, better level designs, and better visuals, because of an optional story?
Well Mario turning itno a bee is a bit childish. I don't really like the idea of feeding star bits to fat lumas that turn into stars either. Also, 1 -up mushrooms are everywhere you turn in both games which make them very easy if tehy weren't already easy which makes SMS win in my opinion.

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Well Mario turning itno a bee is a bit childish. I don't really like the idea of feeding star bits to fat lumas that turn into stars either.

ironhide_facepalm.jpg

If you're going to fanboy, at least fanboy with some facts.

Also, 1 -up mushrooms are everywhere you turn in both games which make them very easy if tehy weren't already easy which makes SMS win in my opinion.

Now, see, that's a good point. However, it doesn't really matter, seeing as how you just start at the beginning of the level, and levels aren't too long.

Black Mage said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Well Mario turning itno a bee is a bit childish. I don't really like the idea of feeding star bits to fat lumas that turn into stars either.
<br *bleep*e.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/ironhide_facepalm.jpg[/img]

If you're going to fanboy, at least fanboy with some facts.

Also, 1 -up mushrooms are everywhere you turn in both games which make them very easy if tehy weren't already easy which makes SMS win in my opinion.

Now, see, that's a good point. However, it doesn't really matter, seeing as how you just start at the beginning of the level, and levels aren't too long.
Oh, and you're not being a fanboy........
Black Mage said:

what

are you kidding me

are you serious

That's what I thought. I also have more evidence....
Black Mage said:
What childish stuff? Nobody ever explains that. Ever.
Exactly

You're acting like just as much a fanboy as he was. Except you were fanboying over a game generally accepted to be pretty much perfect or something.

Can't we just stop fighting over this and realise both games are good. (Even though SMG was so good they're making a second one)

Black Mage said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Black Mage said:
It's anti-fanboying. There's a difference.
Will you just be quiet?

You can't make a thread asking for someone's opinion, and then say "NO, YOU'RE WRONG, SMS IS SO MUCH BETTER EVEN THOUGH IT ISN'T" whenever someone says something.
Ok, fine you know what? I'm sick of yo so I'm not gonna say anything even though you did exactly the same thing as me.

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Black Mage said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
Black Mage said:
It's anti-fanboying. There's a difference.
Will you just be quiet?

You can't make a thread asking for someone's opinion, and then say "NO, YOU'RE WRONG, SMS IS SO MUCH BETTER EVEN THOUGH IT ISN'T" whenever someone says something.
Ok, fine you know what? I'm sick of yo so I'm not gonna say anything even though you did exactly the same thing as me.
You realise he's in charge of the forum, right?

Back