What are Some overrated Mario Games

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
MarioWiki
winstein
The real question is: why do you consider those games to be overrated? The best way to start a topic like this is to give your opinion on the matter because of the very open-ended nature of calling something "overrated". All you did is to show games that are lauded for one reason or another, which I should point out are deserving of praise, even if they aren't necessarily the most perfect games in the world. After all, I don't believe those games were rated "perfect" across publications anyway, so the consensus is that those games are great, but not the most flawless thing ever.

Thank you for reading.

Redshift

Lieutenant Commander, eats dinner at 10pm
Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
so the consensus is that those games are great, but not the most flawless thing ever.
yeah the most flawless thing ever is mario & luigi partners in time

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Me.

I am the most overrated Mario game.

Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
yeah the most flawless thing ever is mario & luigi partners in time
I actually see Partners in Time as overrated due to it being more linear than Bowser’s Inside Story, plus I preferred permanently keeping moves in BiS.

Redshift

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
I mean I personally highly rate it for very subtle reasons I will not disclose.

Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
I mean I personally highly rate it for very subtle reasons I will not disclose.
That’s okay, don’t EVER feel pushed to bring up personal topics you don’t feel okay talking about

Wintertime Peach

Bowser Jr.
Super Mario 64 for 3D Mario platformers

Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash for Mario Kart games

Mario Party 1, 2, 6, and Super Mario Party for the Mario Party series. ESPECIALLY Super Mario Party

Super Mario Bros. (1) on NES for 2D Mario

Koops

Agony
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
ManKoops
if I speak

MP7IsUnderrated

Play Mario Party 7 or else
Pronouns
He/Him
All Mario Parties are awesome, I respect your opinion but I Personally think every one is great..yes even 10 (The HD Graphics add a hint of realism to the series and minigames arent bad) and Top 100 (Minigames are great and they chose some great ones, and I like how you can just go right into them)

MP7IsUnderrated

Pronouns
He/Him
I think the original paper mario is the best one, of course ttyd is up there but paper mario 64 is a little bit better

MP7IsUnderrated

Pronouns
He/Him
also partners in time was my first game EVER so i have a bunch of nostalgia for it

Koops

Agony
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
ManKoops
on a more serious note I frankly find the notion of something being overrated a bit silly. A piece of media having a ceiling on how much praise it "deserves" just isn't something I can take seriously at all, even if there are debatably some objective metrics for rating things. Like I despise ttyd more than anything and I do think it has a multitude of issues that do not get enough attention but it would be asinine of me to think it deserves a negative amount of fans, but conversely that it even deserves fans at all.

all a game deserves is a chance to be fairly evaluated by the consumer is my take on the matter.

9DB7

The king of casual
Pronouns
He/Him
Mario world. It is a great game but 3 was better. (The cape is cool I guess)

Redshift

Wiki Administrator
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Mario world. It is a great game but 3 was better. (The cape is cool I guess)
neither can compare to the utter masterpiece that is super mario bros. 2 specifically the advance remake

9DB7

The king of casual
Pronouns
He/Him
neither can compare to the utter masterpiece that is super mario bros. 2 specifically the advance remake
Is this a joke or being serious? Don't get me wrong it's a great game but it's far from the best.

Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
I will give SMB2 that it at least does something different
But when I played it on my 3DS almost a decade ago it was a bit grating to play