In your opinion, which track from the Wario franchise works best as Wario's theme?

Which of these music tracks do you associate with Wario and the Wario franchise most?

• Main theme - Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Out of the Woods - Wario Land 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greenhorn Forest - Wario World

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Title theme - WarioWare, Inc. Minigame Mania

• Stonecarving City - Wario Land: The Shake Dimension

• Other

• Total voters

Koopa con Carne

call me Hot Lips, 'cause i'm a one-shot wonder
MarioWiki
Koopa con Carne
Wario_Intro_Stage_Select_MMG.png

Most Wario games have had music themes that served as a leitmotif within their game of origin, but none have ever exactly been promoted to being the signature franchise theme--at least, not to the degree of Mario's SMB overworld or Donkey Kong's Island Swing. Some of these themes have, however, found their way outside of their games and even the confines of the Wario franchise, being granted some sort of distinction in this way. With this poll I seek some consensus on which of these is the most representative of the beloved treasure hunter, treasure hunted, and CEO, as well as his franchise.

Main theme, Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

Arguably the most iconic by virtue of being the first overworld theme heard in a Wario game. Many cues of this theme were incorporated in Wario Land II's soundtrack. Mario Kart 7's Wario Galleon course references it ever so slightly too.

"Out of the Woods" (day version), Wario Land 3

Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Tennis Open called dibs on it for their Wario-centric tennis courts.

"Greenhorn Forest", Wario World

Remixed for Wario's track in Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix. Some notes are sampled in the tracks Foulwater Falls and Mt. Lava Lava from Wario Land The Shake Dimension.

Title theme, WarioWare Minigame Mania

In a manner not dissimilar to the first Wario Land's main theme, this theme is striking not just for being legitimately catchy (like all other themes on this list, honestly), but also for originating in the first WarioWare game. Has since been adopted by the Smash Bros. series as the WarioWare series' theme.

"Stonecarving City", Wario Land: The Shake Dimension

Unclear if it's based on Wario's Brawl victory theme, or vice-versa; nevertheless, this particular arrangement has been included in Smash 4 and Ultimate integrally and concisely retitled "Ruins - Wario Land: The Shake Dimension". Outside of Wario Land and Smash, it is rearranged in Mario Party 10 for Wario's amiibo board.

Last edited:
Greenhorn Forest as it just fits Wario perfectly. Though I am definitely partial to the original WL theme.

Back