Do you think remakes of games with marriage options should allow gay marriage when not allowed before?

See the title

• Yes

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • It depends on the original game/its context

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Nate Jacobs

WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
The Shadow Prince
Self-explan
and fitting for my theme

All Sims 2 really needs to do is rename "Joined Union" to "Marriage" lol.

Absolutely, part of the reason I'm looking forward to Story of Seasons A Wonderful Life and bought Friends of Mineral Town because I am allowed to be my true self without losing the options I prefer
This is going to be so great for queer kids self esteem

Overall I'd say yes but I don't want characters who were straight to suddenly be gay/bisexual nor those who were gay to be bisexual.

Note this applies to story heavy games, not ones like the sims or harvest moon or whatever.

Overall I'd say yes but I don't want characters who were straight to suddenly be gay/bisexual nor those who were gay to be bisexual.

Note this applies to story heavy games, not ones like the sims or harvest moon or whatever.
Personally I strongly support making previously straight characters bisexual if there were already at least some slivers of Ho Yay that they had with other characters of the same gender, so then it would feel more natural instead of a retcon. For straight characters with none of aforementioned moments in the original games I'd be fine with keeping them straight.

Personally I strongly support making previously straight characters bisexual if there were already at least some slivers of Ho Yay that they had with other characters of the same gender, so then it would feel more natural instead of a retcon. For straight characters with none of aforementioned moments in the original games I'd be fine with keeping them straight.

Well thats less making straight people bi and more just making what was already implied a reality.

who's saying no to that question

as long as the gay doesn't come at the expense of actual writing that is

who's saying no to that question
Homophobes but yeah, though making characters being not straight about always has potential to come at expense of writing. They just can become not straight and that's that assuming the writers are competent

Maybe they were never straight to begin with you know?

if they're straight up remaking a game I don't see any reason not to do it, considering how much would already be different just from being a remake. If it's a port, then I'd say it depends on how much is different, like if they're already willing to improve sine parts then go ahead, why the hell not, but if it's the only change it would be a bit weird, though also based.

I guess I'd think about the same way as most changes to a game in ports/remakes, feels a bit of a weird to choice to specifically single out gay marriage, beyond just trying to generate discussion because it's a hot topic if you're an asshole and hate gays.

Reactions: zel
feels a bit of a weird to choice to specifically single out gay marriage, beyond just trying to generate discussion because it's a hot topic if you're an asshole and hate gays.
It's because of the question people raise of whether making a character attracted to the same gender when they were only attracted to the other gender before is too much of a characteristic override, if people have associated them with heterosexuality before. I'm glad thoughts in this thread agree with me, but considering, you never know

If the game has marriage already then yes. You already have love options, so adding gay ones is natural. Plus you can sneak in other sexualities and more hetero ones and call it bonus content.

If there's no marriage then no. If a game lacks marriage it's probably because the game wasn't meant to have it, the characters are too young, the writer didn't want to write it, or the game just doesn't have a story capable of including marriage. Making marriage gay doesn't fix this problems, and you could spend that time on additions that fit it.
Imagine if 3D World randomly added gay marriage, where would that fit in. Granted that's a extreme example, but the point stands.

My Point Summarized: If it had romance then yes, if not then no.

Back