DK characters comeback

What character do you most want to comeback?

• Candy Kong

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Chunky Kong

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Kiddy Kong

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Lanky Kong

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Swanky Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tiny Kong

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Wrinkly Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Windy

Bullet Bill
Donkey and Diddy have usually appeared in Mario spinoff.
Dixie, Cranky and Funky appeared in Tropical Freeze.
We haven't get any Donkey Kong games in 8 years. (4 years including Switch port)

On the other hand, any other Kong characters haven't had a physical appearance in the last 10 years.
Candy Kong: DK: Jungle Climber (2007) - 15 years ago
Chunky Kong: Donkey Kong Country 3 as cameo (2005) - 17 years ago
Kiddy Kong: Donkey Kong Land III (1997) - 25 years ago
Lanky Kong: Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast (2007) - 15 years ago
Swanky Kong: Donkey Kong Country 3 (1996) - 26 years ago
Tiny Kong: Mario Super Sluggers (2008) - 14 years ago
Wrinkly Kong: DK: Jungle Climber (2007) - 15 years ago

Swanky Kong cameoed in Mario Superstar Baseball, but it was 17 years ago.
The revival of Diddy Kong Pilot is not enough to comeback. It is important to see light of day, but we need to see them in a new game rather than the two decades old one.

Last edited:
I picked Chunky solely because I'd like to see a new render for himself. My second choice would have been Kiddy, pretty much for the same reason.

If not for this criterion, it would have been really difficult to choose my single most wanted Kong to kome back.

I'm not a big Lanky fan or anything but I choose him because his long armed clown gimmick would at least give them something to play with for a gameplay idea.

It's hard to believe it's the same as 2012.
Chunky Kong still using artwork from 23 years ago.
Kiddy and Swanky's artwork being 26 years ago. (Kiddy was in DKL3 boxart)

Candy Kong does not have a playable appearance except vaporware DKP. Of course, duration of disappearance is longer than existence.

I picked Lanky Kong, who I felt is the most unique in the list since there is no traditional counterpart, unlike say, Tiny who essentially had Dixie before she is not that tiny any more. His design is probably the most outlandish since he's the only one with a red nose, but I think his presence could provide something interesting for the group.

After Lanky, I guess Tiny followed by Chunky, and Wrinkly Kong would be good also. I am not quite fond of Candy Kong so of the list, she is the one I wanted to see the return of the least.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Back