Zelda CD-i Mafia (Lounge/Signups)

ClawgripFan9001

Pirate Crustacean
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
ClawgripFan9001
Alright, this is my second mafia game I have ever hosted on this site, and hopefully this will be the first mafia game I have hosted on this site that will actually reach its completion! This game works just like a standard mafia game: We have 48-hour day phases where players have to vote for a player to be lynched, and we have 24-hour night phases where one can use their actions to change the course of the game. This game will be using the standard two-party system, the Innocent and the Mafia. Both parties have the same goal as in a standard mafia game; The goal of the innocents is to unmask and kill all mafia members, while the goal of the mafia is to outnumber the innocents. If you're up for it, be sure to sign up down here!

Signups
1. Long Jong Spaghetti (@Surge the Tenrec)
2. Manfred von Karma (@Manfred Von Karma)
3. OhoJeeOnFire (@Metal Sonic)
4. Yoshi the SSM (@Yoshi the SSM)
5. @Zdrmonster Productions
6. @ShadowDaHedgehog

Last edited:
annie.png
Annie

*Hmph. I can never catch a break, can I?

Sign me up, considering the topic I've never been interested in a Mafia game so fast although I've only played one other so

If I can sign up, I want to sign up.

If I am not able to sign up, I understand.

In the former case, RP will be announced later. In the latter case, RP will not be announced at all.

Not signing up for now but I do want to suggest extending the day phases to 48 hours. Typically there's quite a bit of variance in player timezones and schedules and it's been found that 24 hours isn't really adequate for all players to be able to share their thoughts with enough room for that to impact the game (if you're only able to post early in the phase, you'll miss out on what other players are saying - if you're only able to post late in the phase, then other players might not get a chance to see your thoughts before the phase is over).

Sure, you can sign up. As for what the plot's going to be, you'll have to see once the game eventually starts.

I've never played a mafia game before, I know nothing about Zelda-CDI, and I can't be on this site during the weekends.
Can I still sign up?

Of course you can! Everyone is welcome in this game, including beginners, people who know nothing about Zelda CD-i or those unavailable in the weekends!

I forgot to mention, I might be unable to post here for an extended period of time due to a vacation I'm going to do. If I don't show up when it starts will I be excused out of the game?
Yes, in the case that the game starts and you won't be able to attend, I can always find a replacement for you.

I really would like to go through with this one, but if I'm not going to get enough players for the game, then there's not much of a point in starting it. I'm going to have to think about what I'm going to do with this one.

I really would like to go through with this one, but if I'm not going to get enough players for the game, then there's not much of a point in starting it. I'm going to have to think about what I'm going to do with this one.
At this point I'd suggest starting fresh, possibly with a new thread to get more attention. (No need to ditch the plans for this one if you go that route, just something like "Zelda CD-i Mafia Take 2" or whatever so people can see it's not the same run at a glance.) Unfortunately this got slotted in at a particularly bad time after 'Shroom Mafia 4 which was pretty big on its own, and before Awards Killing Game Odyssey which a lot of people were anticipating and turned out to be even more massive (and long-running) than anyone expected. Also, with letting sign-ups trickle in over an extended period, you run the risk of players not being interested anymore by the time the game actually runs (this happened a lot back in the day, from what I've heard) which is why you're probably better off going with the clean slate here.

Just keep in mind that Revin's game is currently running so I would strongly suggest letting that wrap up and giving players time to breathe before trying anything.

At this point I'd suggest starting fresh, possibly with a new thread to get more attention. (No need to ditch the plans for this one if you go that route, just something like "Zelda CD-i Mafia Take 2" or whatever so people can see it's not the same run at a glance.) Unfortunately this got slotted in at a particularly bad time after 'Shroom Mafia 4 which was pretty big on its own, and before Awards Killing Game Odyssey which a lot of people were anticipating and turned out to be even more massive (and long-running) than anyone expected. Also, with letting sign-ups trickle in over an extended period, you run the risk of players not being interested anymore by the time the game actually runs (this happened a lot back in the day, from what I've heard) which is why you're probably better off going with the clean slate here.

Just keep in mind that Revin's game is currently running so I would strongly suggest letting that wrap up and giving players time to breathe before trying anything.
Alright, I'll try and start over with a new Mafia game sometime after Revin's game wraps up then. Thanks for the advice.

Back