Are You Replaying Any Older Mario Games?

Moon Captain Mario

The conqueror of Mario Kart 8.
Pronouns
He/Him
Currently I'm replaying Mario World because it's my favorite Mario of all time, and I gotta say, it's amazing. I'm particularly interested in replaying Chocolate Island and Valley of Bowser because back when I first played it I used Star Road to get to Bowser's Castle, so I never experienced those worlds. Chocolate Island is great so far! So, how about y'all? Are you guys replaying any Marios or planning to?

My favorite Mario is the one wearing a dress

The only recent Mario game I've played is Mario Party 4, but that was a while back. I also played Mario Kart Double Dash because those codes are fun as hell. I might, might not play other Mario games like Mario Kart Wii and the other GCN Mario Parties (especially with fun codes). As for platformers, mmm, dunno. I do like to replay Super Mario Bros. Advance though, the remake of Super Mario Bros. 2.

Right now, I'm in the process of replaying the Paper Mario games, (Just finished TTYD and going to start up SPM), and the Mario and Luigi RPG games. I'm also going to go replay Mario Party 1-9. I also plan to replay Galaxy 1, 2, and 3D World.

Of course, there are other games in other series I want to play too, so that will get in the way.

I haven't played a Mario game in a while period, outside of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. :/

I haven't played a Mario game in a while period, outside of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. :/
Currently I've been on a binge of MK8DX, I mean I've always loved it, but recently I went back and got three stars on every cup on every CC. Mario Kart's always been my favorite in terms of Mario games, so it makes sense.

I'd play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe more if I could mod the game and replace the game's soundtrack with music from Mario Party 10 and Star Rush, like I did with MK8 Wii U. But Switch hacking looks really complicated and much more difficult than Wii U hacking, that I don't think I could do that anytime soon.

You need a pre-Mariko Switch in order to get started, which is a Switch bought before July 2019.

Try reading this:

However, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe music modding is...a bit pain in the ass.

From my experience, you have to make pre-fetch versions of your music (.bfstp) and then grab their hex value and hex edit it in, I think, a .bfsrar which contains all prefetch values for all music in the game. I have no clue if there have been faster, improved methods that work but this does work, if you saw my post that has custom music playing in 8 Deluxe in the Unpopular Opinions thread.

I'm playing when I can every Mario Kart game, one cup each. Idk it's a fast way of playing them all at once.

Super Mario Bros. 2 Mario Madness.
Had only gotten to W-3 as a kid and I want to see what else it's got.

Back