Mario Character Opinions and Trivia

Well if you think about it, Yoshi has eggs and such, and eggs tend to be associated with "female" biology. However, Yoshi goes by "he/him" pronouns, I guess, he doesn't seem to mind being "he/him". Wouldn't that make him trans?

Unless Yoshi lays turds the entire time.

Birdo spitting eggs? It's called "surgery". Maybe Yoshi had surgery too!

I mean the only eggs we see THE yoshi lay are just things he converted from an enemy or object

So I figure those eggs don't hatch into anything and only the females can actually give birth to another yoshi.

Or Nintendo just didn't put much thought into it and didn't care either way.

So it's turd

I don't think Nintendo thought that far but I'm sure fans connected the dots and wondered if Yoshi is trans too...

let me go off of my hc ok
so we can sort of infer that yoshis reproduce through parthenogenesis
wiki said:
The in-game Japanese text of Yoshi's Trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee states that Yoshis reproduce asexually, meaning that they reproduce without a mate and are neither male nor female. This is supported by the Chef minigame in Game & Watch Gallery 2 and Game & Watch Gallery 4; after being fed long enough, the Yoshi produces an egg that eventually hatches into another Yoshi. The baby then takes its parent's place and proceeds to eat enough food to turn into an adult, eventually producing an egg of its own, which then continues the cycle.
idk what about the "neither male nor female part", but this sorta stuff has very much happened in real life. species that only reproduce through parthenogenesis wind up having only females im pretty sure
THEREFORE: that would mean the overwhelming majority of yoshis keep turning out to be trans guys. gender must be pretty weird when your species has only one agab. birdo and yoshi would also be a t4t couple

Imo Yoshi's trans because he indentifies as he/him when his species would otherwise be gender neutral due to not being human. Same reason as Birdo, they transitioned from non-human "it" (or human neutral "they") to human binary pronouns.

This goes with my Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe suck at translations headcanon however.

Also it's heavily implied Yoshi and Birdo self-reproduce.

Waluigi has dazzling pants, like you can tell they're not your ordinary jeans. He wears DESIGNER, LUXURY CLOTHES. Wario too.

Reactions: zel
Imo Yoshi's trans because he indentifies as he/him when his species would otherwise be gender neutral due to not being human. Same reason as Birdo, they transitioned from non-human "it" (or human neutral "they") to human binary pronouns.

This goes with my Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe suck at translations headcanon however.

Also it's heavily implied Yoshi and Birdo self-reproduce.

Waluigi has dazzling pants, like you can tell they're not your ordinary jeans. He wears DESIGNER, LUXURY CLOTHES. Wario too.
"Dazzling pants" is so funny but also weirdly true.

Back