Kiddy Kong.

What do you think about Kiddy's playable role in DKC3?

• I support his playable role.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I dislike his playable role.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don't care if he's playable or not.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Scarlet Pairo

Back after a long break :)
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Scarlet Pairo
I may very well make my first post spice up the conversations! Let's talk about Kiddy Kong.

Kiddy Kong, if you're not familiar with him, is Dixie and Tiny Kong's cousin, and Chunky Kong's younger brother. Kiddy Kong's only playable role was as the co-star in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Many despise Kiddy because A. Kiddy being a toddler and B. Donkey Kong wasn't playable in Donkey Kong Country 3.

First of all, I personally like Kiddy Kong. I think he is an adorable Kong and fun to play, basically playing like a fusion of DK and Diddy. I can understand if you aren't fond of his toddler-like design, but I think hating on him because he isn't DK is kinda stupid.
Donkey Kong, without question, would have overshadowed Dixie's star role in DKC3, and besides, why would you want to play as DK? He is slow, and just like in Mario's case, already playable in nearly every other game.

Well, what do you think of Kiddy?

Attachments

• a332fff6-8d60-4ccc-93fc-2096a8dcb788-kiddy-kong.jpeg
    a332fff6-8d60-4ccc-93fc-2096a8dcb788-kiddy-kong.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 811
Speedrunners (such as me) strongly disagree with that statement, since Kiddy is not only faster than Dixie in a lot of cases and has the ability to roll, but he can also perform a water skip!

kiddy is good you guys (referring to people who hate on him in general not like anyone in this thread specifically) are just mean
the juxtaposition of him being 3 years old and also being huge and with ripped arms is hilarious
hes also more appealing than real life 3 year old human babies lmao

hes also more appealing than real life 3 year old human babies lmao

To be fair, Kiddy has this creative liberty to not highlight the worst aspects of 3 year old toddlers, because he's fictional. I mean, Baby Luigi is more appealing than real life 3 year old babies because he doesn't do their negative aspects.

Real life 3 year old babies eventually turn into wonderful people.

kiddy-kong-donkey-kong.gif

Kiddy Kong :
  • Child
  • Big arms
  • Slaps water
  • Not DK
This equals : alright but not good nor bad
His design is like... okay it's not bad
In general he's just a character in a limbo of quality that exists ig
He could of been much worse
Could he have been better? He's ok for what he is and rn I can't really conjure up some mental image or any thoughts of a better kong

Back