Super Smash Bros. All-Time Merit Ranking (Finale in Issue 194!)

SORA
Sora_SSBU.png

Fighter Number:
Fighter Group: Ultimate Newcomers/Fighter's Pass 2
Franchise: Kingdom Hearts
Game of Origin: Kingdom Hearts (Sony Playstation 2, 2002 (US/JP/EU)​

We're reaching quite close to the point where all character speculation for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate ended off with a bang just a year ago. In just as little as 2 months, Sora will have been in Smash for a whole year. For some I imagine the luster of Sora being in the game has worn off and he's just another fighter in the game. For others, maybe it still hasn't sunk in yet that he actually made it into Smash. Cause as I've noted when I previously covered Sora to end off the Ultimate newcomer merit rankings. It was a time where it seems like Nintendo and Sakurai had managed to do the previously thought impossible once again. By managing to shake down the mighty Disney company to fork over the rights to use a character of their's.

Now granted, in some ways that feeling has changed since then. With revelations that it was ironically Nomura's input that made Sora difficult more then Disney themselves. Though I do feel like it shouldn't downplay just what Sora's inclusion meant. I'd like to reiterate from my previous coverage that Nintendo went to Universal for their theme parks AKA a direct competitor to Disney's own parks. And Disney is one of the most notoriously greedy mega-corporations out there. While they happily accepted to let Sora be in Smash. We can't forget about how they had a game where Sora was briefly DLC but became unobtainable, not to mention they would not let Sora into the Final Fantasy fighting game Dissidia. However you look at it, at least before Sora's inclusion in Smash. The overseeing eye of Disney was justifiably a concern when bringing up the possibility of Sora making it into Smash.

But made it he did, he in fact was apparently the true #1 winner of the Smash Ballot that first appeared during Smash 4 not long after Lucas was revealed to be returning. As noted in the final Smash 4 direct, Bayonetta was said to be the highest of those most realizable. While there's a solid debate on whether that's true or if it's blankly said to hide the fact Nintendo likely does not plan on ever releasing the full results for the ballot. In fear that a character that was voted high but did not make the cut results in some kind of fan revolt and/or potentially lead to a company that might have said no to bear the brunt of some hostility from their own fanbase.

I'm probably going over many things I already mentioned back when his inclusion was much more fresh. But I do want to get into how it feels like they really nailed a way to blow us out of the water by making Sora the final character. I was fully expecting Kazuya to be the final 3rd party character since E3 was now over. I in fact wouldn't have been surprised if the final character had ended up being say Cinderace from Sword and Shield (I bet for a moment Mario picking up the fire in Sora's trailer might have made some people afraid that was indeed happening). Fighter's Pass 1 ended with the ultimate dud with Byleth when everyone and their grandma was expecting a 3rd party after all fighters on the first pass thus far having been 3rd party. So expectations were fairly low for the ending of the 2nd. And then they drop the true ballot winner on us just like that in a surprise presentation. The last surprise presentation was Byleth, it almost feels like Nintendo was planning this from the beginning to have a disappointing surprise presentation but then turn around with fucking Sora at the end.

Sora's inclusion did make it so Square Enix got a huge share of this DLC. But it is true that Square Enix has some of the most iconic franchises of all-time, and beloved cult classics. I imagine the only people feel absolutely gutted by having the Heroes from Dragon Quest, Cloud AND Sephiroth, along with Sora are the fans who were hoping Geno would ever make it. (I'm sorry Geno fans, it seems pretty clear Square Enix doesn't see him as a viable choice to represent them).

It is sort of a shame that in one respect, many people who doubted Sora would make the game were correct in one sense. In that obviously aside from the Mickey Mouse keychain and to a lesser extent the timeless river alt, none of the disney aspects of the franchise made it into the game with Sora. Obviously, we understand why. Disney is the mega cooperation that would sooner try to buyout Nintendo then allow all those characters have screen time in Nintendo's video games. Without the Disney, Kingdom Hearts is basically another Final Fantasy with even more confusing lore (I think even hardcore Kingdom Hearts fans would tell you how needlessly complicated the story gets.)

I also need to get something on the franchise's history with Nintendo. Which aside from Chain of Memories on the GBA, and a few other spin-off titles the main games generally avoided Nintendo systems until the Switch… although all 3 versions are of cloud versions. Which requires you to have a good connection/always online in order to play it in any form of stability. Despite being the true winner of the ballot, it remains that Kingdom Hearts is not really at it's core a Nintendo franchise, which docks it down. Though it's origin does have something of a Nintendo relation in that Nomura was inspired by Super Mario 64 for the concept of these games. In order to truly have an experience that could be spread far and wide, Nomura needed an iconic franchise to crossover with. And Nomura happened to luck upon some willing Disney execs to begin work. And the rest was history.

Now, Sora is technically just yet another anime swordfighter. But this is a particularly special anime sword fighter for many, even if you've never played a Kingdom Hearts game (I haven't either) we should recognize this is what the people wanted. And we got it, one last feel good inclusion that ended the largest Smash roster to date (And quite possibly may stay that way?)

I will say… that in regards to the rankings. There may be one aspect where I was a little too knee-jerk when ranking Sora just based on the high of the announcement. Sora may possibly not be as high relatively to where he is in my Ultimate merit rankings. But I think he should still get a decently respectful spot in the end. I'm going to put Sora below Sonic the Hedgehog, but above Bowser Jr. Junior and Sora debuted pretty close to each other. And I believe Sora being a new franchise to Smash along with being a popular request should soar him above Bowser's little boy. That said, there was a time where Sonic could have said he was in the same position. Brawl even got delayed in part to give time to put him in (Even if that was party Sega's fault for initially saying no). And much like Sora, Sonic was made in some aspect thanks to Mario's existence. As he was made pretty much purely to try to be a counterpart and business rival to Mario from several conceptual levels from speed of the game and the character's attitude. Sonic and Sora are both characters that can directly thank Mario for their very existence. Which is party of why so many major Mario characters are guaranteed some high spots on the list just because that is the legacy of the Mario franchise is that a great majority of the Smash cast would not exist without the Mario series.

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Donkey Kong
4. Kirby
5. Luigi
6. Wario
7. Bowser
8. Peach
9. Mega Man
10. Pac-Man
11. Diddy Kong
12. Banjo & Kazooie
13. King Dedede
14. King K. Rool
15. Mr. Game & Watch
16. Sonic the Hedgehog
17. Sora
18. Bowser Jr.
19. Olimar
20. Rosalina & Luma
21. Zero Suit Samus
22. Toon Link
23. Inkling
24. Snake
25. Shulk
26. Pit
27. Ness
28. Captain Falcon
29. Jigglypuff
30. Duck Hunt
31. Steve
32. Lucas
33. Mythra
34. ROB
35. Min Min
36. Byleth
37. Wii Fit Trainer
38. Chrom
39. Dr. Mario
40. Dark Pit
41. Piranha Plant

HALF-WEEK WARNING

Heading into the half-week we have a 4-way tie for the 5th and 4th places. For now Yoshi is the one set to be locked in should nothing change by Sunday

Mii Fighters 28
Ganondorf 18
Greninja 16
Bayonetta 12
Yoshi 12

Fox 12
Robin 12
Simon Belmont 10
Zelda 10
Wolf 8
Little Mac 6
Pyra 6
Ike 6
Villager 4
Marth 2
Sheik 2

RIDLEY
Ridley_SSBUltimate.png

Fighter Number: 65
Fighter Group: Ultimate Newcomers
Franchise: Metroid
Game of Origin: Metroid (NES, 1986 (JP), 1987 (US), 1988 *EU)​

Well if it isn't the big ma- I mean… space pirate dragon himself. The one the internet had declared too big for Smash… and well they were right in a sense… that he would become too big NOT to be in Smash!

Ridley's one of those characters that some people might be surprised have been requested for a while. I believe many Ridley for Smash supporters would say it's the Melee opening cutscene that may have gotten them interested in the idea where Samus is fighting Ridley briefly. Now that was of course just Smash showing iconic moments for each character. Like the same was done for Fox meeting Wolf, and although Wolf did eventually make it into Smash. You also had Captain Falcon bumping Samurai Goroh off the track, but Goroh has still to this day not gotten the chance to be playable to truly get his revenge (Even if at the very least the assist trophy is something). So while the Melee opening wasn't always meant to show that literally everyone in it was supposed to be playable, it can still be seen as the source of where the movement to get Ridley in the game truly began.

It was Brawl when Smash character supports took off, Ridley being no doubt one of the biggest. And although it had a sad ending, Ridley did at least get not one but two boss fights in the game's story mode. Surely next time, Ridley will have another shot? But fans would be left disappointed again as he'd simply be a stage hazard on Pyrosphere in Smash 4 (Though if you ask Metroid fans they may have been mixed if that Ridley had been the playable one, given it was the duck-billed clone ridley from Other M). There had to have been a feeling if it was going to ever happen, and boy howdy did it. As the first unique character that wasn't previously announced (Inkling's being revealed alongside the initial trailer for Ultimate), and outright killing Mega Man and Mario. Proving Ultimate really was there to give many huge nods to the fanbases who's worked so hard to get their wanted character noticed by Nintendo and Sakurai.

Ridley is perhaps the most cruelest and pure evil character to ever make Smash. Even while you do have Ganondorf, and maybe there's a debate on whether Sephiroth is more evil. When it comes to specifically Nintendo villains, Ridley probably for sure has a higher known body count (Maybe there's a chance if you put all the Ganon's together they have a higher body count offscreen due to their reigns of terror. But there are definitely villages still alive even in Zelda games where Ganon has taken over Hyrule,) Ridley shows no mercy and genocides many who cross his path. He is also responsible for the death of Samus' parents, making Samus certainly Nintendo's Batman in terms of origin story of how she became the greatest badass.

Because of his more scary appearance and more pure evil archetype, he really sticks out in the Smash cast. But that is a good thing to provide more flavor to the roster, and even if you've never played a Metroid game. The appeal of a large space dragon is enough for people to want to play as him. Naturally he's not as huge as most of his boss appearances as he's shrunken down to be closer to his NES size. But the cruelty and power of Ridley still shines through in the moveset. He even has a tail-piercing move that if you can land it perfectly is an instant 50 percent damage hit

All I have really left to say is that it's great Ridley got in Smash, not just for the fans who have had to contend with "TOO BIG" memes for years on end but to provide a little more to the Metroid series then just Samus. Having both Samus and Zero Suit Samus be unique from each other helped a little, but it's nice to get a big monster like Ridley to represent the series in a more wide scale. Now if they could only add more non-lava stages that aren't Frigate Orpheon…

Ridley being an iconic Nintendo villain lands amongst the likes of K. Rool and Dedede. I'll say that Ridley has more consistent appearances and arguably requested more over the long term then K. Rool was. At the time the Smash ballot was announced, I think most Ridley fans had lost hope assuming the ballot was for Smash 4 DLC and they wouldn't do something like upgrading the stage hazard. So K. Rool got the brunt of the support for Nintendo villains since at most in Smash 4 he had a trophy. If not for that, I think it's highly likely Ridley is voted highly in the ballot, hey who knows, maybe he was highly voted on the ballot despite that (Though we'll never know for absolute certain). Dedede however has much more consistent appearances then Ridley, with the Kirby series just currently more consistent in releasing games then either Metroid or Donkey Kong. K. Rool still hasn't appeared in a platformer since the original DKC trilogy, and while Metroid Dread is a recent success. That game takes place chronologically after Super Metroid, meaning Ridley is already dead. And they don't even make a new version of Ridley to justify another boss fight with him. Might be a little unfair to Ridley to get knocked down for being… we'll… chronologically dead but it's true that King Dedede thanks to being in nearly every Kirby game would have more exposure over time then the evil space pirate.

In short, Ridley's not nearly as forgotten by Nintendo as K. Rool is. But he's also not always there as much as Dedede. Ridley is still a significant inclusion and we should be happy he made it into Ultimate. Proving that size matters, but not in terms of character size, but the size of the character requests.

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Donkey Kong
4. Kirby
5. Luigi
6. Wario
7. Bowser
8. Peach
9. Mega Man
10. Pac-Man
11. Diddy Kong
12. Banjo & Kazooie
13. King Dedede
14. Ridley
15. King K. Rool
16. Mr. Game & Watch
17. Sonic the Hedgehog
18. Sora
19. Bowser Jr.
20. Olimar
21. Rosalina & Luma
22. Zero Suit Samus
23. Toon Link
24. Inkling
25. Snake
26. Shulk
27. Pit
28. Ness
29. Captain Falcon
30. Jigglypuff
31. Duck Hunt
32. Steve
33. Lucas
34. Mythra
35. ROB
36. Min Min
37. Byleth
38. Wii Fit Trainer
39. Chrom
40. Dr. Mario
41. Dark Pit
42. Piranha Plant

LAST CALL

No change since Wednesday, which means Yoshi is still set to be locked in tomorrow if it stays that way

YOSHI IS LOCKED IN!

Next up Bayonetta is currently set up to be #4 within a week

Mii Fighters 28
Ganondorf 18
Greninja 16
Bayonetta 12
Yoshi 12

PIKACHU
Pikachu_SSBU.png

Fighter Number: 8
Fighter Group: Original 12
Franchise: Pokemon
Game of Origin: Pokemon Red/Blue/Green* (Game Boy, 1996 (JP), 1998 (US), 1999 (EU)

*In Japan, Pokemon Blue debuted as Pokemon Green

Who could ever forget just what a cultural phenomenon the first Generation of Pokemon was? It was one of the fastest growing sellers of merchandise, video games, trading cards, and more of recent memory. Gen 1 (and at least a good part of the 2nd as well)'s hay day from about 1999 to the early 2000's had Pokemon just about everywhere. Even causing some panic with very fundamentalist christians if Pokemon was a part of some satanic cult nearly on the same level that they had been said about Elvis's music in the 50's or Heavy Metal in the 80's

And as with any large seller through children's media, Pokemon needed a mascot to define the cute, cuddly nature of these pocket monsters plus an iconic name & character that even people who never saw more then a few seconds of the anime nor played a single Pokemon name could recognize. Their answer came in the form of the electric mouse we know today as Pikachu.

Perhaps the strange thing about Pikachu, is in the original Red and Blue (Or Green if you're from Japan). Pikachu was just one among many Pokemon. And particularly rare at least until you got to the power plant area late in the game. Logic would think maybe one of the starters would be the franchise's mascot. As Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur each would have had their own pros can cons to being marketed as the mascot. Though perhaps a downside to if it had been one of the starters, is as if it's Nintendo telling you who you should start with. I'll get more to them when I get the chance to cover the Pokemon Trainer. But all-in-all neither starter became the mascot, letting the three be at an equal basis and allowing players to make their own choice rather then letting the advertisements dictate who they should choose.

Now even besides the starters, there was initially a pink threat to Pikachu's status as the franchise's mascot. And surprisingly it wasn't Jigglypuff… as at one point Clefairy was going to be the choice the marketing promoted most. An early manga for the series even had a story where a trainer's first Pokemon was a Clefairy. Under the right circumstances, we could have had Clefairy as the franchise's most recognized Pokemon. Though part of the reason Clefairy didn't quite make it, as the manga had some… raunchy jokes here and there that might not have been acceptable for the Western media along with the fact Clefairy being the franchise's mascot may have made it seem like the series was targeting mainly towards a young girl demographic when Nintendo clearly wanted a general appeal. Pikachu was both cute and cool enough have the interest of both young boys and girls. An electric mouse that was cute as it could be and want as a pet, but at the same time Pikachu has the power to bring the power of thunderstorms down on it's foes compared to Clefairy who while they had their own interesting sorts of powers such as the metronome… the design would definitely more lean too much on the cute side of things where it's significant move is still some sort of cute dance.

Though in a sense, the fact Pikachu was rare at the beginning of the game might have actually helped more than hurt. As early impressions of the game brought some reactions to those who were lucky enough to find Pikachu in the quite low 5% of finding in the Viridian Forest where normally you'd find nothing but bug pokemon. The cute design of what was to some this rare gem of a design brought some interest in the early days of the Pokmon fandom.

So when it came time for the Anime to be produced, they had Ash Ketchum adopt a Pikachu at the beginning. Going on many adventures together, Pikachu going through many trials to get ever stronger as the series progressed. Only cementing it's status as the mascot when Pokemon Yellow (a 3rd version of Red & Blue) had you start off with a Pikachu just like Ash did. The little Pikachu even following your character the whole way with the option to see how it feels by interacting with it the same way you would with any NPC. From then on, there was no turning back. And Pikachu became the face of the Pokemon franchise.

When it came time for the very first Smash Bros., Pokemon was the newest franchise in the roster and right off the presses of the Pokemon phenomenon. Where kids could see that the cute little Pikachu was fighting with other well-known video game mascots like Mario, Donkey Kong, and Link. I could probably say I was one of those kids, the quick movement and powerful moves is what made Pikachu my original main in the series. As before Sonic sped into the picture, Pikachu was that character I'd always pick first in the original and Melee. Guess I just gravitated to speedy rodents. Of course, Pikachu also was the best fighter meta-wise in the original game which probably only helped it further. Pikachu didn't dominate on the level of say Meta Knight in Brawl or Bayonetta in Smash 4. But Pikachu and Kirby were the top choices if you wanted to win a tourney for the original game. I didn't myself pick Pikachu because I knew he was the best character in the game. I'm pretty sure it's just I recognized them, and their style appealed to me most out of any of the others.

Even when Sonic did get in the picture I still played as Pikachu a bunch as a secondary. As even as I grew out of interest in Pokemon somewhere in the middle of the 3rd generation. I still held a deep fondness for the yellow mouse. Pokemon Yellow was actually the only main game Pokemon I ever owned… though I'd say it's the spin-offs that defined my interest in the series. Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, Hey You Pikachu, and Pokemon Channel I played much more then any of the main games (In fact, maybe a little embarrassing to admit. But I never finished a play through of Pokemon Yellow… unless you count when I finished Let's Go Pikachu which is pretty much a remake of Yellow) so it could be said more of my fondness for Pikachu derived purely from the Smash series.

My interest in Pokemon dwindled but there's a good chance that if a trivia game I was in ever got to even some of the more obscure facts of the first two generations. There's a strong possibility that I would know it, as I was among many kids in the late 90s and early 2000's engrossed into Pokemon at that time. And while it's pretty boring to say, given Pikachu is the very mascot of the series. But I'm willing to say Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon just for the experiences in Smash Bros. alone. Many of the aforementioned Pokemon spin-offs as well as the early seasons of the anime helped too to raise Pikachu for me, but it's definitely having him as my #1 in Smash up until Sonic came along that's done it. Pikachu is very much an important part of my childhood.

Heck, if there's a small part of Ultimate that kinda warmed my heart out of any of it's small number of cutscenes. Is the moment Sonic tried to save Pikachu in the opening of World of Light. It's a tiny moment, but it certainly was so touching that Sonic was trying to save a little animal buddy as he's always done. The two characters that are or were my #1 mains looking out for each other.

As for the ranking, naturally Pikachu's going to be very high. I did have to debate with myself on whether Pikachu or the eventual Pokemon Trainer should get more of the credit for the general Pokemon franchise. But as much as it is true that Red is the actual player character, I think it makes more sense to give it all to Pikachu despite being just one of many Pokemon. In a series like this, the Pokemon themselves are the feature. And no Pokemon is featured more then Pikachu. That cute yellow face is what made the series so recognizable. And there's definitely an argument that could be made that Pokemon may have not hit as big for as long if they had chosen a different Pokemon as the mascot. Pikachu just had factors that helped provide the perfect storm (No electric type pun intended) to juice up the phenomenon that was the early years of Pokemon. I will say, I think Pikachu's status as just one of many Pokemon should at least make it below Link despite the Pokemon series probably more profitable and a bigger overall worldwide appeal then the Zelda franchise. But I feel a solid #3 for our little yellow mouse isn't too shabby of a place for it, as that's still above Donkey Kong despite the big ape being around for as long as Mario has.

My thinking is that while Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are pretty much the big 3 flagships. Donkey Kong is just another part, albeit a very strong part of the Mario legacy, then there's Legend of Zelda that is very much the other face of Nintendo other then Mario. Followed by Pokemon that is the newest of the three which does put it a level below the plumber and the green tunic'd hero but nonetheless brings in much more money to Nintendo's gaming empire overall. Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon are the three franchises the general public awaits the next main game for most from Nintendo. And perhaps it hurts Pikachu a bit that he's not necessarily a feature in said main games compared to the likes of Mario and Link. So I believe #3 is a fair balance to recognize the icon that is Pikachu in the general sense while also acknowledging that unlike Mario and Link, you don't HAVE to use the mascot to progress the main games unless you're playing Pokemon Yellow or Let's Go Pikachu.

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Pikachu
4. Donkey Kong
5. Kirby
6. Luigi
7. Wario
8. Bowser
9. Peach
10. Mega Man
11. Pac-Man
12. Diddy Kong
13. Banjo & Kazooie
14. King Dedede
15. Ridley
16. King K. Rool
17. Mr. Game & Watch
18. Sonic the Hedgehog
19. Sora
20. Bowser Jr.
21. Olimar
22. Rosalina & Luma
23. Zero Suit Samus
24. Toon Link
25. Inkling
26. Snake
27. Shulk
28. Pit
29. Ness
30. Captain Falcon
31. Jigglypuff
32. Duck Hunt
33. Steve
34. Lucas
35. Mythra
36. ROB
37. Min Min
38. Byleth
39. Wii Fit Trainer
40. Chrom
41. Dr. Mario
42. Dark Pit
43. Piranha Plant

HALF-WEEK WARNING

Heading into the half-week, Greninja is now currently set to be the next one locked in. While the Mii Fighters seem to be pulling away with the #1 spot. And the 2nd and 3rd spots are very close.

Mii Fighters 38
Ganondorf 22
Fox 20
Greninja 14

Yoshi 12
Bayonetta 12
Robin 12
Simon Belmont 10
Zelda 10
Wolf 8
Little Mac 6
Pyra 6
Ike 6
Marth 2
Sheik 2
Cloud 2

1. Greninja
2. Robin
3. Ganondorf
4. Sheik
5. Zelda

Last edited:
GRENINJA IS LOCKED IN!

Now once again we're a week away from the deciding the Top 3. With currently Fox as our final non-shroom section of these 5. And Ganondorf & the Miis are curently slated to be the September issue characters

Mii Fighters 38
Ganondorf 36
Fox 26
Greninja 26
Yoshi 12

YOU DARE BRING LIGHT TO MY LAIR? YOU MUST DIE
1. Ganondorf
2. Isabelle
3. Robin
4. Sheik
5. Zelda

HALF-WEEK WARNING

There's been little change other then Ganondorf gaining the slight edge for the #1 spot for this batch. Otherwise it's still Fox as a non-shroom section. And the Miis & Ganon with the Top 2

Ganondorf 40
Mii Fighters 38
Fox 26
Greninja 26

Yoshi 12
Robin 14
Bayonetta 12
Zelda 12
Simon Belmont 10
Wolf 8
Isabelle 8
Little Mac 6
Ike 6
Sheik 6
Pyra 4
Marth 2
Cloud 2
Daisy 2

LAST CALL

No change has happened since Wednesday. Ganondorf and Mii Fighters will be confirmed as the Top 2 for the September issue and Fox as a non-Shroom issue if that stays that way.

On another note, I may also begin the voting for the October issue at the exact same time. Cause I gotta prepare for the time crunch of the November issue. There's a chance though that this may be how I do it permanently for the rest of the series to give me even more time.

ALL CHARACTERS LOCKED IN!

Ganondorf 40

Mii Fighters 38
Fox 26
Greninja 26

Yoshi 12

That settles that for September! But as I mentioned I will immediately be starting the vote for October as well. At the current state, Wolf is slated to be 5th.

Robin 14
Bayonetta 12
Zelda 12
Simon Belmont 10
Wolf 8

Isabelle 8
Little Mac 6
Ike 6
Sheik 6
Pyra 4
Marth 2
Cloud 2
Daisy 2

1. Isabelle
2. Robin
3. Sheik
4. Zelda
5. Daisy

HALF WEEK WARNING

Into the half-week Marth is currently slated to be locked in on Sunday

Robin 16
Zelda 12
Bayonetta 12
Simon Belmont 10
Marth 10

Isabelle 10
Wolf 8
Cloud 8
Little Mac 6
Ike 6
Sheik 8
Villager 6
Pyra 4
Daisy 4
Meta Knight 2

LAST CALL

Sheik will be locked in next tomorrow if nothing else happens by then

EDIT: Actually oops, I posted this as if I thought it was Saturday. So this is actually a 2 days heads up I guess.

Marth 20
Robin 16
Zelda 12
Bayonetta 12
Sheik 12

Simon Belmont 10
Isabelle 10
Meta Knight 10
Wolf 8
Cloud 8
Little Mac 6
Villager 6
Joker 6
Ike 4
Pyra 4
Daisy 4
Lucario 2

Last edited:
Now that it's the ACTUAL last call. Update as of Shoey's vote. Zelda will be locked in tomorrow if nothing else happens.

Robin 24
Sheik 22
Marth 20
Simon Belmont 16
Zelda 12

Isabelle 10
Meta Knight 10
Bayonetta 8
Wolf 8
Cloud 8
Little Mac 6
Villager 6
Joker 6
Pyra 6
Lucario 6
Ike 4
Daisy 4

ZELDA IS LOCKED IN!

Simon Belmont is next up currently for a week from now. I'll also have Yoshi and Greninja up this coming week and probably Fox's the next week before the Shroom release. I also think I like having much more of a buffer with the voting. Meaning I think I will go ahead with starting the next vote immediately after one batch closes. There's alot I have outside of this site, and having characters known far in advance will help me balance out my schedule at least a little.

Robin 24
Sheik 22
Marth 20
Simon Belmont 16
Zelda 12

Back